Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335450 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #855 on: October 23, 2008, 11:59 AM »
Thor doesn't really need to be a great actor, IMHO.  I wouldn't recommend somebody with no acting experience like HHH, but the role certainly doesn't call for a thesp like Norton or Downey.  Thor's a god... he should be up there like Heston's Moses.

I do see what you mean there.  It doesn't necessarily have to be an academy-award winning guy, but I guess I'd just rather not see any 'rasslers get the role :).  Who knows, it might work out, but it will be interesting to see the movie take on the god of thunder.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 23, 2008, 11:59 AM »
If Ray Stevenson hadn't already been cast in the Punisher film I'd have said he might make a good choice as Thor.  Maybe Ben Barnes who played Prince Caspian?

For Captain America, how about Josh Lucas.  Or Eric Dane?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 23, 2008, 12:00 PM »
Thor doesn't really need to be a great actor, IMHO.  I wouldn't recommend somebody with no acting experience like HHH, but the role certainly doesn't call for a thesp like Norton or Downey.  Thor's a god... he should be up there like Heston's Moses. 

Know who would be fantastic?  Vinnie Jones.

I think Loki is the much more critical casting decision in that film.

Not sure I agree with that.  I would say that the person doesn't need to be a "well known" actor, but would be nice if they had good/great acting ability.  I thought Iron Man was spectacular and a big reason for its success was the actors they chose.  You can't just put someone who "looks the part" into the film and expect it be good.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #858 on: October 23, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I'm saying the role of Thor doesn't require great acting ability.  Thor isn't a character of nuance and subtlety.  Thor is an arrogant, loud, prideful brute.  That's not too hard to pull off.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #859 on: October 25, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Had nothing to do today so after a toy run watched Iron Man and Incredible Hulk back to back. Great movies and it just got me all pumped for the next in the series.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 27, 2008, 09:39 AM »
We got a chance to watch The Incredible Hulk this weekend as well, and I have to say I thought it was pretty good.  I wasn't a big fan of the previous version, and this one was much improved.  The concept of having this Marvel "Universe" tie together in the movies is just quite cool, and I can't wait to see how IM2, Cap, Thor, and the Avengers come together.  It could make for some great movies.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 28, 2008, 04:38 PM »
SuperHeroHype has news that Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau are both officially signed on for not only Iron Man 2, but also the Avengers.  Also, Don Cheadle is confirmed/signed as the replacement for Terrence Howard as Rhodey in IM2, and also any future IM installments and/or the Avengers.  More at the linky.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 28, 2008, 08:41 PM »
SuperHeroHype has news that Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau are both officially signed on for not only Iron Man 2, but also the Avengers.  Also, Don Cheadle is confirmed/signed as the replacement for Terrence Howard as Rhodey in IM2, and also any future IM installments and/or the Avengers.  More at the linky.

Awesome.  The Downey/Favreau Duo all but ensures this movie will rock!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #863 on: October 29, 2008, 10:47 AM »
Casting Thor... I was thinking about it, and Sean Bean who played Boromir in LOTR would be a great pick.  Another obvious pick would be Gerard Butler.  He'd just need a wig.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 29, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Sean Bean gets my vote too.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #865 on: October 29, 2008, 08:04 PM »
The L.A. Times posted a pretty interesting interview with Christopher Nolan today. It is well worth the read.
"This is the way."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 31, 2008, 02:44 PM »
This is something I've never heard before.  I was reading through Comic Book Legends Revealed over at CBR, and it mentions that Marlon Wayans was originally signed on to play Robin in both Batman Returns and Batman Forever.  The story in Returns got too full with Catwoman/Penguin, so they pushed his story to the third movie, but when Tim Burton left the franchise, they recast the role.  I guess I hadn't ever heard that, even in rumor form, before.  Kind of off the "current comic movie" topic, but I thought it was interesting.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 5, 2008, 02:12 AM »
New stills of the Spirit are up.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 7, 2008, 04:17 AM »
CW tosses plans for 'Graysons'

The Boy Wonder won't be flying into primetime after all.
The CW and Warner Bros. TV have been forced to scrap their plans for "The Graysons." Show, which had been given a put pilot commitment, was set to revolve around Batman sidekick Robin in his pre-Caped Crusader days.

Decision to yank the project came from Warner Bros. Pictures Group prexy Jeff Robinov, who initially gave his blessing but changed his mind in recent days.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 7, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Horray! :D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours