Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335413 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #990 on: August 9, 2009, 10:43 AM »
The SDCC Iron Man 2 footage has leaked online, check it out while you can.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 9, 2009, 12:37 PM »
The footage looks good.  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 1, 2009, 10:09 AM »

That'll be fine.  Besides, Hollywood is about to switch to a new paradigm where they take the top 150 films of the last 20 years and just put them on rotation for a remake/reboot every 6.5 years with whatever the current "hot" actors and actresses.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 1, 2009, 10:16 AM »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 1, 2009, 10:21 AM »
Best Thing ever!   :D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 1, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Oh my gosh.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 1, 2009, 10:31 AM »
What I want to know is when there will be another Toxic Avenger movie.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 1, 2009, 10:46 AM »
Or a reboot of The Swamp Thing!  :-X

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 1, 2009, 11:33 AM »
I love those movies.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 1, 2009, 12:55 PM »
I could see rebooting the Fantastic Four movies, even though it hasn't been that long.  Although they didn't tank at the box office, they could have done better, and of course have a lot of problems.  I did like some things about the movies (I thought Chris Evans was a great Human Torch, and the Silver Surfer looked pretty cool in the 2nd), but they could definitely be improved upon.  It just seems that it has the potential to be so much "cooler" than it is, but I think the F4 might be a tougher sell to audiences than some of the other heroes out there these days.  If they get a really good take on it, and give it the care that Marvel gave Iron Man and even the rebooted Hulk (alongside the first two X-Men and Spidey movies at their respective studios), it could make for a heck of a franchise.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 15, 2009, 06:12 PM »
New DC Entertainment Pres. Diane Nelson:  "We Don't Have Any Current Plans for Superman"

Obviously, this could change in an instant, and I sort of hope it does.  I realize that Superman, as a character, seems to have a "not cool" factor among the general public with all the boyscout stuff, but I think it does have the potential for a great movie/series of movies if done right.  I realize Superman Returns isn't what most people were looking for, but I do hope they try to revitalize the project at some point.  I thought I had read something that WB had to do something with the property relatively soon or the Siegels would get it back or something - but I may have misunderstood all of that.  Anyways, I think Superman deserves another shot at the big screen eventually.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 15, 2009, 08:13 PM »
Honestly, I was always surprised that Superman had been dormant for so long as a movie property.  You can argue whether or not the boyscout type of hero has a place in the more gritty world of the 21st century, but you can't really argue that Superman isn't an American icon.

I didn't hate Superman Returns but I didn't love it either.  I thought the casting was uninspired and the general plot was lacking.  And just because Lex Luthor is probably the most recognizable Superman villain doesn't mean you have to go with him in the first film of what, I'm sure, was hoped to be the start of a new franchise.  The fact that Bryan Singer abandoned the X-Men franchise to make Returns, and took James Marsden with him, really added to my displeasure as I felt X:3 sucked and Returns wasn't great either.  It kind of tarnished two franchises for me.

Even though not all of the Marvel films have been hits, it still seems odd that those properties have been so out there but DC hasn't.  Batman has been excellent for the last two films but I really think it's time for a new Superman, time to get a good Wonder Woman film done and wouldn't be disappointed with the Flash or Aquaman either.  Green Lantern is a good start but if the powers that be need dark and gritty they could do a Green Arrow film.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 1, 2009, 10:18 AM »
The first poster from Iron Man 2 is up online, definitely looking forward to this one.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 1, 2009, 06:18 PM »
The first poster from Iron Man 2 is up online, definitely looking forward to this one.

Sweet.  I thought they were going there, but I didn't know they were going there until seeing it.  Can't wait for this one!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today