Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 335371 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #1080 on: May 5, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Let's not forget The Hobbit at the end of 2012.

;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 5, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Let's not forget The Hobbit at the end of 2012.

;)

Yeah, I definitely didn't forget that, but I know that the release date has been back and forth with New Line's financial struggles, so I wasn't sure where to peg it yet.  Definitely looking forward to that one though, and I see recent interviews with both Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis indicate that it should be shooting within the year (hopefully).  There are other movies I neglected to mention as well (another Pirates, Pixar movies, Twilight movies, etc.)...but it should be a busy couple of superhero summers if nothing else.  I'm wondering if X-Men will make that date as well, since it is only 13 months away with absolutely no work done yet.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 7, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Hasn't anyone seen Iron Man 2 yet?  I expected to see the forum flooded with reviews!  Still not sure when we'll get a sitter to go see it yet.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 7, 2010, 05:30 PM »
I'm going tomorrow afternoon to the Marcus Ultrascreen...I assume there's an extra scene after the credits?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 7, 2010, 05:44 PM »
From what I had read/heard online, there is an extra scene after the credits. Not during, after.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 7, 2010, 05:46 PM »
From what I had read/heard online, there is an extra scene after the credits. Not during, after.

Yup, there is.  And it's awesome.

The whole movie was awesome.

That is all.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 7, 2010, 06:04 PM »
We've got the parents coming tomorrow afternoon to watch our daughter, so we're planning on checking it out then - definitely looking forward to it.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1087 on: May 7, 2010, 09:38 PM »
I love Iron Man 2.  That is all.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 7, 2010, 11:48 PM »
I caught the midnight showing Thursday night.  The film was excellent.  Maybe just a slight step down from the first film which was really a surpirse for me at the time it came out.  I think it definitely lived up to my expectations.

I was thinking that Rourke was going to be the only bad guy but Sam Rockwell's Justing Hammer kind of stole the scenes he was in.  I really liked it.  And yes, you need to stay after the credits for a final scene.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 8, 2010, 02:51 AM »
I liked it, but not as much as the first one. Haven't figured out why yet. Honestly I thought Justin Hammer was annoying as hell and I wanted him off the screen every time he showed up, but that seems like what they were going for. RDJ still IS Iron Man and Mickey Rourke was great. Also Don Cheadle > Terrance Howard when it comes to Rhodes. And ScarJo is ScarJo. Yowza.

Also half the theater stayed for the scene after the credits and then let out a collective "huh?" afterward. I swear I was the only one who was excited for was going on, and I don't know a thing about [spoiler censored]!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 8, 2010, 07:32 AM »

Also half the theater stayed for the scene after the credits and then let out a collective "huh?" afterward. I swear I was the only one who was excited for was going on, and I don't know a thing about [spoiler censored]!

I noticed the same thing.  My wife and I never stay after credits, but we knew about this scene.  Haha, she said, "Wow look at all the other nerds who knew about this."  I did notice that everyone was basically silent after the scene, but I guess that's to be expected at 10 AM!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 8, 2010, 04:59 PM »
It was an okay movie.  Liked the first one better though.  War Machine/Cheadle was pure awesomeness...Might even go out and rebuy that figure that I returned.  The shield prop up was very funny.  I didn't quite catch on to the scene after the credits.  Half figured out - the other?  I don't read comics so maybe that's why I didn't quite catch it?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 8, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Iron Man 2 was definitely a fun ride.  I like that it explored a number of angles that we've seen in the Iron Man comics over the years.  The Stan Lee cameo was probably the funniest one I can recall seeing in any of the Marvel movies.

As for the secret scene at the end?  I'll refrain from talking about it for now.  It was definitely pretty cool though.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 8, 2010, 08:29 PM »
Got a chance to see this today as well, and I loved it.  I think I enjoyed it about as much as the original, which I thought was great.  I think I liked Cheadle better as Rhodey/War Machine as well, so I'm sort of glad that worked out the way that it did.  The after credits scene was pretty cool, but like it was mentioned already, I bet the "regular" movie going public was like "huh?".  The other nods to comic stuff were cool as well, and even with all of the trailers/clips, I was still surprised by some things.  Like others, I'll refrain from talking about it for now, until more have gotten a chance to see it.

As a side note, our particular theater full of people seem pretty psyched for the A-Team movie.  That was one of the trailers we saw, and it got a lot of laughs and buzz generated it seemed.  I'll admit, it looks like it could be kind of fun.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1094 on: May 9, 2010, 03:44 AM »
Went to see iron man last night, i liked it but the first one was much better. The extra scene made it awesome though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"