Author Topic: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies  (Read 336121 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Super Hero/Comic Book Movies
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2004, 06:47 PM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2004, 09:50 AM »
Just read over at Filmforce that AICN is reporting that Ray Liotta is close to landing the part of Dr. Doom.  Another interesting, and odd, choice in my opinion...but then again, it is AICN, who has been known to be off from time to time.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2004, 09:23 PM »
We need a Mr. Miracle movie- Lucy Lawless as Big Barda...YAH!
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2004, 10:42 PM »
I would enjoy it.

Blue Bettle movie first!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2004, 10:47 PM »
Anybody know when the Constantine flick comes out? I'd really like to see that one, even if it does have Keanu Reeves in it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2004, 11:32 PM »
 You know, I just attempted watching the last Matrix schlock reel, and the whole sad realization that the cyberpunk movement had culminated with that reject being its poster child almost made me ill… not to mention how the franchise had struck the proverbial “final nail” on fetish fashion’s coffin, squishing every last drop into adolescent sub-standard scripting, like spray butter on 12 grain harvest toast- Gibson would be turning… were he dead & buried!
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2004, 09:43 AM »
Several different Marvel movie tidbits courtesy of SuperHeroHype:

First off, there should be a 66 minute animated Avengers movie released by 2006.  This is the beginning of 8-10 picture deal.  Check it out HERE

Next, Ioan Gruffold (Mr. Fantastic) has a small interview about the upcoming Fantastic Four movie...with details HERE

Also, Jessica Simpson has apparently NOT been cast in X-Men 3...at least not yet.

They also mention that the cast of Fantastic Four will be on hand at Comic-Con.

On the DC side of things, there are rumblings that Jack Black might be cast to play the Green Lantern in a "zany, Mask-like movie".  Hmmmmm...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2004, 07:01 PM »
On the DC side of things, there are rumblings that Jack Black might be cast to play the Green Lantern in a "zany, Mask-like movie".  Hmmmmm...

huh? i don't get that at all. hal jordan/green lantern was one of my favorite heroes growing up. that comic was nothing like the mask. makes no sense at all to me. but what do i know?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2004, 01:23 PM »
Superhero news today...first off, kind of a good news/bad news type of thing....Bryan Singer has been confirmed to be at the helm of the Superman movie now.  Good news for Supes fans, however, he will not be working on X-Men 3.  I hope that this franchise is able to continue (and with the same quality) without him aboard.  We'll see what this does with the casting, release date (it was 2006), etc. for X3 now.

Also, The Avengers DVD is official.  Sounds like it will be based on "the Ultimates" version of the team...including Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor.  There is also mention of development continuing on Iron Fist and Black Widow movies.

Also, it sounds like it is possible we might hear an announcement regarding a "live-action" Transformers movie at Comic-Con.  You can read the details HERE

Went to see Spidey 2 this weekend for the second time, still just as amazing.  Can't wait for the DVD of this one.  SuperHeroHype also has some news of Spidey 3, possibility of two villains for the next installment.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2004, 02:23 PM »
Further confirmation on the Singer to Superman story.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2004, 02:37 PM »
Avengers direct to DVD >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  The Ultimates Versions >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  Phooey, glad to see The Avengers to continue to get the shaft from all things Marvel ::)

Glad to hear Singer is on Supes, that might be cool because he's done a dandy job on X-Men.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2004, 02:55 PM »
I know Scott, I really don't know why the Avengers are getting the shaft...I think they would be great for a movie.  I've heard rumors of an Iron Man movie in the not too distant future, but it would be nice to see the whole team in one...it could be great if done correctly.  Any casting suggestions? ;)

Agreed on Singer too, done very well with the X-movies...just wish he was still doing X3 as well.  It will be interesting to see what comes of that movie now, it was originally scheduled for 2006 if I remember correctly.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2004, 02:57 PM »
I wonder if part of the problem is tying up Jackman again, weren't they having trouble on that???

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Maybe not exactly a Super Hero/Comic Book movie, but I thought I'd post it here anyways.  It sounds like the Transformers movie is a definite go, with Steven Spielberg on board to Executive Produce!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2004, 10:40 AM »
SuperHeroHype.com has a nice article up discussing the Fantastic Four movie panel held at Comic-Con.  Some interesting details in there, I'm kind of excited to see how this movie turns out.  It doesn't sound like Thing will be completely CGI, instead Chiklis in makeup.  Clicky the link for more.