Author Topic: LEGO  (Read 74750 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Legos
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2011, 01:07 AM »
Just to build on Jesse's comment, TRU tends to run a lot of buy one get one 50% off and the lego minifigs are included in those sales.  You may also want to join the lego rewards club if you have a legoland nearby.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2011, 01:52 AM »
One thing to note about TRU is that they are consistently $10 or more above WM and Target or even a Lego store (and online). So the B1G1 50% off is still a good deal, but look close at the pricing when it's only 10-25% off, you might actually do better on a 10% off sale at Target.

The Lego VIP Program is pretty good too.  I joined back in May when Lego Shop@Home was having their sale and ordered the Republic Dropship (#10195).  I'm now only 1 point away from a $10 discount and got a catalog today for their October sale where they're doing double points on all orders.  So, another order, stack up some more discounts and wait for a free shipping offer or some other deal and really get a break on a purchase.

I don't collect a lot of Lego now, but there are a few sets now and again that I'll buy (not just Star Wars) and this works out pretty well if you don't mind ordering online.  Plus the pricing is more in line with WM and Target on most stuff.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2011, 01:58 AM »
Yeah also join the Lego Fan Club, Paul.  It's free.  I'm in it for ***** and giggles, and get free mags now and then, and your son will like that just to look at the goofy pictures/drawings and stuff till he can read it on his own and stuff.

I get it just to read the Star Wars comic they run in it, despite its absurdly goofy and kid-oriented nature.  It's fun and the little mini figures having expressions are cute.

If you get some of the older blind packed figures by the case, let me know!  I'm after a couple too since I got into these late myself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2011, 01:27 PM »
I joined the Club at Disney World last month.  They just opened a LegoLand or whatever it is called, here in town.

I ordered a case of Wave 1, working on Series 2 and 3 with a guy, so if that Happens, there should be plenty more giveaways...not quite to the scale of the SDCC Death Star, but cheaper to mail!

I saw that they did "Old West" Legos... that is where the boy is going to start.

And somebody did some nice GI Joe:Real American Hero customs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15 AM »
I didn't think getting the old sets would be easy.

Guy sets up at the local toy show selling Lego minis for a **** ton.  :-\  Does a good business too.

I've wanted a Bossk for so long, and price is the only thing keeping me from getting it...  Lego mini figs just go for a ton, and the SW ones especially since you can't get them otherwise, and Hasbro likes to pack obscure ones with bigger sets.

Speaking of...

Does anyone have a Fleet Trooper they don't want?  I wanked it on that one, but really want the RFT they did.  It's spiffy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2011, 01:58 AM »
Yeah, older Lego sets are like Disney DVDs, once they go out of production get ready to pay if you want them.

Paul, everyone else has already mentioned the TRU/Target sales, but I'd also sign up on the Lego website mailing list. They usually have decent deals, and if it isn't BOGO it's usually free shipping on orders over like $50 or $75, and at Lego prices, it isn't hard to get that much.

Jesse, check out bricklink.com, they usually sell some minifigs (and other parts), sometimes for decent prices, sometimes for not.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 09:29 PM »
Looks like the rest of Series 6 was announced:

- Alien with ray gun
- Butcher with a steak and cleaver
- Genie with magic lamp
- Goth Skater Girl with a skateboard
- Leprechaun with a pot of gold
- Mechanic with a wrench and toolbox
- Minotaur with an axe
- Space Woman with a ray gun
- Statue of Liberty with a torch and book
- Warrior with a shield and sword
- Roman Centurion with a shield and spear (best looking minifig to date imo)
- Surgeon with X-ray and syringe
- Bandit with red bandana mask and pistol
- Sleepy Guy in pajamas and teddy bear
- Flamenco Dancer with fan (looks more like a courtesan to me lol)
- Robot (looks like a toy robot with wind up key)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2011, 09:50 AM »

Series 7 apparently.  Love the blue space man, black knight, tarzan, bagpiper, aztek and neptune.

Too bad the bunny's not pink for Scott's alter ego.

I've been on a Lego kick recently.  My oldest is obsessed with them (after Christmas he'll have a complete Atlantis, Alien Attack and Spongebob collection and I know he'll want the superhero sets) and it's making me dig out some of my older SW sets and rebuild them (they were put away because I have no room to display them). 

I joined the VIP club at Lego and since October is double points month, had family buy a bunch of stuff for Christmas.  I just ordered The Black Pearl and with those points, should be able to get close to $50 off the Imperial Flagship.  It'll go nicely battling it out with the Pearl and QAR.  Hopefully the Flying Dutchman gets released.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Did some feeling around and snagged some more Series 5 guys today, got the Mafia Guy and the Boxer along with the Buckingham Palace guard. Was hoping for the Dino guy again but was kind of rushed and never felt one.

These things are putting me on a LEGO kick too, I already have plans to pick up a few of the new Star Wars sets.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2011, 10:46 PM »
We'll have some Lego Give-Away news soon on the site!  Tell your friends. :P

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2011, 02:08 AM »
Man, I think I want about half that Series 7.  There's a bunch in there that look really cool.  I may think about buying up a box and splitting it up with someone.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2011, 02:23 AM »
I may have a way to help you out on that Eric, if you're interested.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2011, 02:56 PM »
New Theme - Dino

http://www.brickset.com/search/?theme=Dino&year=2012

My son is going to love these.  He's a huge dinosaur fan.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Thats pretty cool, major Jurassic Park vibe coming off of it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2011, 12:03 PM »
Hyped up about Lego Minifigures?  Then we've got a new JD Give Away for you!

Courtesy of site owner Paul, we're giving away some Series 1 Blindpacked Lego Minifigures via our forums!

Check out the Lego Minifigure Give Away Contest Page for the full set of rules on how you need to enter to win!  The rules are simple and easy to enter!

We'll be giving away a Grand Prize Complete Set of Series 1 Minifigures, and breaking down the remaining figures available among our entrants in the order their names are drawn.

Good luck to all who enter, and we hope to see your name in the mix!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:07 PM by Jesse James »