Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legos
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 11:48 PM »
The only kits I have that aren't in a giant bin of grey or whatnot, are the yellow castle kits.  I forget how I even got these but I feel like they're some kind of investment that I'm not doing anything with.  It's like owning a stock that never pays, but selling it could do me well.

I owned every one of the original grey castle sets for many years except the guarded inn (lego shop exclusive I think?), but never kept instructions/boxes and all that. 

Looooooooved them Lego knight sets.  I was buying those up to the point they were making the round grey helmets that looked like Braveheart knight helmets, just because they were so cool and accurate.  The viking stuff looks outstanding too.  If I were a rich guy, Legos would be on the menu.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 01:50 AM »
Rob, I'm not even sure which ones that I'm looking for.  I want to dig through that site and see what I come up with and go from there.  It'll be a few weeks though as Sunday I'm headed to New Orleans for another week of relief work.  When I dig up what I'm looking for, I'll hit you up.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 02:54 PM »
Displayed at SDCC.  8)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:19 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 1, 2008, 01:02 PM »
A lego robot that can solve a rubiks cube in less than 6 minutes.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/?p=2733
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 1, 2008, 01:33 PM »
Sea-life Aquarium opens August 11th at Legoland California.

Sealife Aquarium

More than a standard aquarium, SEA LIFE™ Aquarium provides an educational and interactive dynamic unlike any other.  Featuring play zones, fun facts and quiz trails, SEA LIFE is designed to be a child’s guide to the life of the sea.  The SEA LIFE voyage begins high in the fresh waters of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, continuing on to the San Francisco Harbor and finally journeying to the depths of the Pacific Ocean via the California shoreline. Along the way, families discover the lost ancient city of Atlantis and a sunken shipwreck. 

In line with the SEA LIFE philosophy, SEA LIFE Aquarium at the LEGOLAND California Resort focuses on the creatures commonly found in local waters. All of the freshwater fish living in the aquarium can be found in California lakes and streams, and our cold water marine animals, which are all native to the California coastline.

At the entrance, a huge LEGO® fish spanning more than 10 feet will greet visitors. Made of thousands of LEGO bricks, this new model joins a nearly 11 foot-long submarine which will be installed in the ocean display. These are just two of more than 70 new LEGO models you’ll find at SEA LIFE Aquarium, totaling tens of thousands of LEGO bricks. 

SEA LIFE also features a seahorse kingdom where children can get their first look at these mythical creatures, a bay of rays where they can experience marine life up-close and a shoaling ring where they will be surrounded 360 degrees by schools of shimmering fish. As guests stroll through an acrylic tunnel, they will be immersed in the ocean without getting wet, surrounded by more than 20 species of sharks, fish and invertebrates. An interactive discovery zone, including the Southern California Tide Pool, also offers young visitors the opportunity to interact with SEA LIFE experts, get hands-on with interesting creatures of the ocean in a touch pool and participate in building their own coral reef out of LEGO brick. Opening right next door -
August 11, 2008!

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline TerdVader

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 2, 2008, 08:29 PM »
I've thought of selling a couple original castle sets (Yellow castle, jousting tournament, soldiers set, etc.) if I could find someone willing to pay whatever its valued at, but Ebay seems very tough to follow with Legos and value.  I've got a ton and honestly should just start unloading what I can.  I'm probably sitting on some kind of goldmine with all this crap.

You probably are sitting on a gold mine. The yellow castle is worth quite a bit, so are the vintage mini-figs.

As a kid I enjoyed the castle sets of the late 80's and into the early 90's. Last winter I got into my old lego's after playing with them with my son and rebuilt these sets.

and then, since I was psyched about LEGO again, I bought this set on ebay for about $30

and this one for about the same price

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Lego
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 01:35 AM »
I found and bought 1 today for 10 dolar's omg
both feet have an led in them.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Anyone see the minifigures series 1 set?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Haven't seen them, but I don't think I have any stores near me that would carry them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 07:02 PM »
So Lego is just selling bags of mini-figures now?  Smart on their part...  Too bad they can't with Star Wars or I'd probably jump in and buy bags of SW mini-figures.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 07:49 PM »
I totally dug any mini-fig I could get my mitts on as a kid, but I only stick to SW stuff since my return to LEGO a few years ago.  I dig that clown though just because I've never seen a mini-fig with an afro.   :D  So these are blind bagged at TRU and LEGO stores for $1.99 I hear?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:10 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 11:00 AM »
I totally dug any mini-fig I could get my mitts on as a kid, but I only stick to SW stuff since my return to LEGO a few years.  I dig that clown though just because I've never seen a mini-fig with an afro.   :D  So these are blind bagged at TRU and LEGO stores for $1.99 I hear?

Yep, blind bagged. I want to get all of these, but there are about 7 of these that I really really want.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Someone over on the otheR Site in their lego section posted scans of the bar codes with a description of the character.  I haven't been tried it out to see if they match, but it might be worthwhile if you only want the Caveman or the clown or something.
I am not the Stig

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 07:26 PM »
I grabbed a few of these today cuz they looked like fun, got the clown and the diver and I think I might be hooked. I like the surprise involved, thought I'm really hoping to find a zombie. How cool would it be to have a Lego City zombie apocalypse?

I do agree, Star Wars ones would be very nifty, but I don't think they can do it, I think I read somewhere that there were licensing rights with selling Star Wars minifigs individually or somthing.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 10:39 PM »
Hasbro has the exclusive rights in the US to action figures and single minifigs constitute an action figure.  If you guys remember, Lego sold some 3-packs of minifigs with stands back in 1999 or 2000, and got in trouble for it.  They never did that again, instead releasing the battle packs like we still have today.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"