Author Topic: LEGO  (Read 74898 times)

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
Re: Legos
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 02:15 AM »
They still sell SW three packs but come with magnets/ holders for $15.00 very pricey and not worth it.
He's no good to me open

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010, 03:09 AM »
Ran into the series 2 minifigures today at TRU.  I picked up the Mexican (x2 for my Wild West sets), witch, vampire and pharaoh.  Now I have to watch Bricklink for some of the series 1 guys that I never saw at retail.  Will probably buy the Robot, cowboys, indians and some spacemen.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Series 4 looks to be pretty keen, I've been able to fill all of my holes for 1, 2 and 3...love these little buggers.

My favorite part of 4 is they have filled out the Classic Universal Monsters (Dracula, Mummy, Wolfman and Frankenstien)...you guys have a favorite so far?  Mine is probably the Elf from 3
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:06 PM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 04:13 PM »

Series 5

Offline NightVyper

• Youngling
  • KAboom!
    • View Profile
    • adamgracia.com
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 07:14 PM »
the elf from 3 is cool i also like the series 5 viking dwarf guy, I don't like the new ninja line, I ask myself how did they mess this up why does this feel so wrong.
maybe if the ninjas had totally sweet guitars and killed people like evil assassins i would like it, because what ninjas do.

I also miss Pirates...
Left Blank For Symbolism.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 12:11 PM »
I'd have rather seen an Avatar (the Last Airbender) line, than plain ninjas.

I think that would have done better.

Ah well, I barely collect LEGO anymore. SW just got too expensive for me. While the sets look great, I can't justify the cost.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 2, 2011, 11:57 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/Vv9aa#0pO3U

Portion of series 6 minifigs.  Loving the Genie and Minator
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: August 2, 2011, 11:56 PM »
I shall have the Scotsman!  He's all kinds of cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 6, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Has anyone seen the Series 5 minifigures show up at retail yet in the US? 

I've been going on an Alien Conquest binge lately, what with my disgust with Hasbro's distribution and all.  The Alien Striker (5 bucks for an Alien Defense Unit Human, Alien, and tiny alien skimmer) set is particularly addictive, and I've been buying multiples of them when I go into TRU, and ordering extra minifigure heads from Lego's website to do headswaps.  Very cool stuff, and the UFO noise that the Alien Mothership makes never fails to bring a grin to my face. :)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 8, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Has anyone seen the Series 5 minifigures show up at retail yet in the US? 

I've been going on an Alien Conquest binge lately, what with my disgust with Hasbro's distribution and all.  The Alien Striker (5 bucks for an Alien Defense Unit Human, Alien, and tiny alien skimmer) set is particularly addictive, and I've been buying multiples of them when I go into TRU, and ordering extra minifigure heads from Lego's website to do headswaps.  Very cool stuff, and the UFO noise that the Alien Mothership makes never fails to bring a grin to my face. :)

I saw the new Alien mother ship set at Costco the other day for $45.  Really want that Supreme Commander figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: September 5, 2011, 06:28 PM »
I got what I wanted of the latest group the other day...  I'd kind of like some of the older ones since I got into these late, but I'm worried on price.  I wanted the Orc, the Viking, etc.  :( 

I don't recall the Viking in that series he's pictured in above though.  At least I don't remember him being in that group with the female figure skater and stuff.

Anyway, out of Series 5, I got the Dwarf (x3, the kids each wanted one too, haha), the monkey wrangler for my gf, the godzilla guy, and the gladiator.  Got a couple extra gladiators too, I'd trade for older series figures I want.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 8, 2011, 09:16 PM »
CAved and got two of these guys today, ended up with the dwarf viking and the gladiator. Gonna get a few more in hopes of getting the graduate, mobster and Godzilla.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 8, 2011, 09:42 PM »
CAved and got two of these guys today, ended up with the dwarf viking and the gladiator. Gonna get a few more in hopes of getting the graduate, mobster and Godzilla.

Just a tip - if you have a Legoland near you, go there and ask for the specific characters you want.  Last time I was at the Mpls store, there was an employee who could tell the figure inside just by feeling the package AND she had pulled out some of the rarer ones for people trying to get specific figures. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: September 8, 2011, 10:50 PM »
That's how I do it, actually.  It's pretty easy, really, to just look at the assortment on top of the box and pick the most obvious thing you're feeling around for...  In the case of the dwarf, it's his axe blades, or his helmet as pretty unique.  Also his short legs.

Every figure has a couple things you can sort of pick up on...  Snowboarders or surfers with the big board, fisherman's fishing pole, the "tail/spine" of the Godzilla guy is really easy to pick up on.  The monkey in the last series had a banana, and the monkey wrangler in this one has one too, and it's pretty easy to tell what it is through the packaging.  I find elves from the last series by the bow and arrow. 

I picked out dwarves and elves for the kids and myself, the Gladiator by his helmet (I have two opened if anyone wants the Gladiator)...  It's become sort of fun to pick them out for me, but it can be time-consuming so I try to do it all in one swoop when a new set is found, so i can just get them and be done looking, haha.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 9, 2011, 03:19 AM »
Didn't even think about feeling around the packaging. Darn my honesty! :P

Thanks for the tips, I'll check them out next time.

Jman, no Legolands near me but I do have a newly opened Lego store in a mall on the other side of town. I could also try there I guess.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks