Author Topic: General Grievous #36  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
General Grievous #36
« on: November 7, 2005, 10:37 PM »
On with the review...

Sculpt: 3.6/5
The sculpt here is so-so, while it is pretty good, Grievous looks like he's been chowing down on too much Imperial Ice Cream bars and Darth Dew Slurpees. He has some trouble standing up sometimes, but if you pose him just right, hes good to go.

Articulation: 2/5
Grievous has 5 points of articulation. What the ****? Was this a newly discovered vintage figure? I'm not much of an articulation wiz but come on, a figure needs at least 10 points, especially in this day and age.

Paint: 5/5
He actually has a very good paint job, it's what it should be and is very crisp. The eyes are especially detailed, and look great.

Accesories: 5/5
The Good General includes:
-Lightsaber
-CIS Blaster Rifle
-Cloak
He has a pretty good and diverse assortment of accesories. The lightsaber is great same as the rifle, and i'm glad we got these two as weapons instead of just four boring lightsabers. The cloak looks great, and it covers his entire body, not just his back.

Overall: 4/5
This version of The Good General doesn't dissapoint, but leaves some room for improvment, mostly in the articulation area. He has a cool cape, cool weapons, and this is my first Grievous after all. Pick him up, he's better than he looks.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: General Grievous #36
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Did you review the right Grievous? The reason I ask is that you didn't at all mention the Exploding Body Feature or include the "Grievous Guts" as part of the Accessories.

Here are some of my shots…
http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/rots/36.html
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: November 8, 2005, 03:54 AM »

i don't really like this fig, the action feature makes it a pain to stand properly and it goes off to easily, igtta use the clear  rubber band to hold the GG body in one place
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 8, 2005, 10:13 AM »
Jedijaybird- I have a strong dislike of action features, and I never tried this figure's action feature, so I left it out of the review completly.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: November 8, 2005, 10:20 AM »
Oh… I see. The "in-action feature" does totally suck. It's sad when you almost have to keep the figure in the packaging to keep it from falling apart all the time.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 07:02 PM »
I also have to use one of those clear rubber bands to hold him together.

It's a terrible figure that can't stay together because of an action feature. I need to buy a Grievous or two for holiday presents, and this will not be one of them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk