Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)  (Read 36454 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 03:17 PM »
"SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE EDITION
The Sideshow Exclusive version of the 12-inch Jedi Luke Skywalker figure includes an additional accessory available nowhere else, the skiff guard blaster!"

I was expecting a little more for the exclusive, but it's a cool idea nonetheless.

His likeness is amazing!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 04:03 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 03:18 PM »
I don't care for the face. :(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 03:28 PM »
I'll guess that the exclusive Sideshow version will include a bone and rock for "Rancor Battling" action!

Good call Jeff!  The cool thing is the bone will be included with both versions.

Great articulation and poseability:

« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 03:29 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 03:28 PM »
It's nice, and the face sculpt is pretty darn close.  I can only imagine how difficult it is to get Hamill's face perfect.

I think I'm going to wait and take my chances when the figure hits the online merchants.  I may be able to get it cheaper.

Skiff guard gun is not worth the extra $$ IMO.

I'm a little disappointed with the exclusive aspect - but it's a nice figure for $50, no?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 03:32 PM »
I think I'm going to wait and take my chances when the figure hits the online merchants.  I may be able to get it cheaper.
Me too. If I decide to get it, I'll look for a better price. How soon after the exclusive version do they usually go on sale at other dealers?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Ordered. ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 03:48 PM »
I never was a big 12" figure collector (maybe 5 or 6 total), but I've been curious ever since I heard Sideshow got the license.  I personally think this Luke looks pretty amazing, and although I'll wait for now, I'm halfway tempted to start collecting some 12" here and there as well.  That is, until I mention it to the wifey :P.  This first figure (Luke) does look pretty great though.

SilverZ

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 03:50 PM »
I'm waiting until I see it. I am hesitent to get back into the 12" stuff (having abandoned it a long time ago), but the Sideshow stuff is amazing.

A friend of mine has the 12" Highlander figures (Connor and Duncan McLeod) that Sideshow did and they are amazing likenesses, amazing articulation, amazing accessories.

I could totally find myself sucked into buying some of these depending on who they make and how often they release them...

I'm right in about the same position as you, Jeff. I'm looking at the pictures right now, and though he looks really good, I have to seriously consider whether I should get into another line or not.

I'm leaning towards at least doing the preorder just in case I decide later on to get in, and have to pay secondary market prices on the first figure in the line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Excuse me for a probably stupid question, but is this "exclusive order" the only way to get this Jedi Luke figure?  For example, will it be available elsewhere later on without the "exclusive skiff blaster"?  I guess I'm not overly familiar with Sideshow's products other than some pictures I've looked at online, and I didn't know if that was the only way to get a hold of figures from this line.

Also, has anyone read/seen anywhere how many figures would be released a year in this line?  Just curious how expensive it would get if I dared start in on another line ;).  If I can somehow talk the Mrs. into it, I think I'll have to stick to OT here as well, just to keep things in check, depending on releases.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 04:36 PM »
I'm not excited about their focus for the line.  It sounds like they are going to start off with Jedi only.

I want bad guys!!   ;)

I'd love to see a Shock Trooper, Boba Fett and a Stormie from these guys...the Jedi Luke is nice, but doesn't kick ass like a Fett would....

SilverZ

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 04:51 PM »
I've only had experience with the 1/4 scale statues from them, but generally they show up on the Sideshow site first in the exclusive form right alongside a standard release, the exclusive version is only available through the site and it goes quicker than the standard version. In the 1/4 line, I've been careful to order the exclusive version right away, since the windows are so short. However...

If I recall correctly, on the first 1/4 scale figure, they used preorder response to gauge the production run. This looks like what might be going on with the 12" line as well.

If you just want to order one without the gun you could just wait until they show up at other retailers.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2005, 06:40 PM »
Sold Out.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2005, 06:40 PM »
I think it's a pretty darn good likeness. I haven't really taken the time to get to know Sideshow's stuff. I'm really hoping they pump out some good stuff with this 12" line. One thing I don't like though, what is this about an "exclusive" you can only get certain accessories with? Is this typical of Sideshow? I don't like that one bit. Needless to say I was too late to get an order in for the exclusive one so I ended up just putting myself on the waiting list for it. I don't know if I'm getting into this line or not just yet but I put an order in anyway so I don't end up regretting it later.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2005, 07:01 PM »
It's a good likeness, but the expression looks lifeless. I'm disappointed by that. :( Something about the outfit looks kind of pansy too.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2005, 07:53 PM »
I have no problems with how it looks at all.  I am put off by the fact that they made an "exclusive" version.  I mean come on.  You spend $50 for either version but one does not include a gun?  I get tired of that crap anymore with Star Wars stuff.  Although I am not in the best mood right now so that could be a part of it.  Also it sucks that you have to be sitting at your computer the moment this stuff is available or you have no chance of getting the damn thing.  Sorry it's just annoying as hell to me sometimes. 

Anyway, the figure looks fantastic.  I am definately looking forward to more of these.  Not sure if I will scrape up the cash for them or not but would love to.