Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive  (Read 110342 times)

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
  • Th'is I... The Price Of Punk
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive
« Reply #120 on: April 2, 2005, 09:48 PM »
I got mine.... simple as that

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 2, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Glendora WalMart still had some in their tent at 4pm today.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 2, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Beth, I'm wondering if you were able to pick one up for me?  I tried to order on Walmart.com, but naturally Canadians can take a hike.  IOW, international credit cards cannot be processed >:( ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 2, 2005, 10:38 PM »
I got mine after what can only be described as a hell-ish experience.

I do have a theory on the figures.  I think the relaunch will be the original line...IN order of their release, but with new (hopefully VOTC-esque) sculpts.  I know it won't happen, but that is my wish.  The art for the Death Star Trooper makes me want to break out my vintage ones and have them take on all the New stuff.

I also ordered a couple online just to make up for the few I couldn't find for buddies.  I plan to use the packing receipt for them, but I also have printed my e-receipt/confirmation as well.  I am sure they are aware of Online Sales and will have a way for this to work...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: April 2, 2005, 11:43 PM »
So, I'm really not interested in this set I guess.    :-\

I'm not a "one of everything" guy anymore, so I can pass on this and hope that when the new line is launched that I will be able to pick these figures up in a different form (like single carded).  Of course, that strategy could totally back-fire on me and 9 months from now I'll be kicking myself for NOT picking it up...

::)

OK, I bought it...  Yeah, despite what I said about not being a "one of everthing" guy anymore, that ******* OCD kicked in again.  :-[

The cashier at Target today said to me as I wheeled up my cart full of 50+ RotS basic figures, "You're buying ALL of these figures?"

My wife (who came along for the ride) said "He's got a disease for these things  ::), " and then the cashier and my wife shared a laugh (at my expense). 

If they only KNEW how right they were.  Maybe I do need to find a 12-step progam for my love of these little plastic figures...  :-\

Anyway, I figure now I've got one if I want it.  I can think it over and if I change my mind over the next few days, I can always sell it here or return it.  ;)

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #125 on: April 3, 2005, 03:10 AM »
If they only KNEW how right they were.  Maybe I do need to find a 12-step progam for my love of these little plastic figures... 

Yeah, its days like this that confirm why most of my relationships end in fiery disasters. I’ve been up all day and night running from store to store, amassing about a grand in toy purchases. This is obviously not healthy.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 3, 2005, 10:29 AM »
Well I saw the damn things sitting there in the tent and I bit on it.  It just looked to nice to pass up.  It help make me go over my limit but oh well.  It would have bugged me to death not to pass it up.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #127 on: April 3, 2005, 04:21 PM »
NONE of the Wal-Marts in the Pgh area had them.  I had to go online Fri eve and get mine.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #128 on: April 3, 2005, 11:30 PM »
Well, I think I'll pass on this one.  There's no Wal-Mart close to where I live (Bronx, NY) and I juts don't fell like ordering one on the web.  I had the original Early Bird Kit whn I was a kid.

Anyway, I'm sure the figures will be available carded  just like they were back in 1978.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #129 on: April 3, 2005, 11:38 PM »
I passed, not even one iota of interest on my part. :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 3, 2005, 11:59 PM »
Not even a little curious?   ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: April 4, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Not even a little curious?   ;)
No, I think Hasbro asking us to pay $30 for an empty box is a tad bit brazen and one I won't be supporting.  Especially when I can get the same figures when they come out for around half the price :-\
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 12:06 AM by Scott »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 4, 2005, 12:09 AM »
To be honest, when I first heard about this promotion, I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd heard of in quite a while.  I was annoyed that we really had no idea what the figures were going to look like.  But now that has actually become the appeal - the mystery of it all must appeal to the little kid in me.    :D

(This is assuming of course that they are actually brand new figures and not some lame-ass repacks.  If so, the excitement while change to disappointment in a hurry.)   >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 4, 2005, 12:28 AM »
If they only KNEW how right they were.  Maybe I do need to find a 12-step progam for my love of these little plastic figures... 

Yeah, its days like this that confirm why most of my relationships end in fiery disasters. I’ve been up all day and night running from store to store, amassing about a grand in toy purchases. This is obviously not healthy.

It could be worse. You could be shelling out 200 a day on drugs. Thats what I tell my family when they ridicule my hobby.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: April 4, 2005, 04:52 AM »
Surprisingly, our local WM tent still had a good 30 or so of these today.  Guess they weren't quite as hot as we were originally anticipating when we were growing increasingly panicked about them during MM.  Nothing like the Lava Vaders, that's for sure, and they're both made in equal (50,000) quantities...

Beth, I'm wondering if you were able to pick one up for me?  I tried to order on Walmart.com, but naturally Canadians can take a hike.  IOW, international credit cards cannot be processed >:( ::)

Brent, we've got you covered bud.  Don't sweat it, eh.  We'll talk...

- M
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 05:32 AM by JediMAC »