Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive  (Read 110123 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Early Bird" Exclusive
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2005, 05:40 PM »
It was a decent idea, but a flop in my opinion.  They should have just had the figures already in the package.  No mail away.  This is the 21st century, not the late 1970s....

:P

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2005, 02:14 AM »
Saw a bunch of these at WM for the first time tonight and it looks cool, but for the price I just don't care to get it. I'm wondering if anyone other than collectors buy this.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 02:15 AM by Jagdohh_Fett »
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #212 on: April 23, 2005, 10:43 AM »
I love the idea but after reading all these posts everywhere about no one buying them and not sending away for figures, I think once the time frame ends people are going to regret not getting them and want the figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Are the figs going to be available outside of the EB promotion? That Chewie looks beautiful. I would've preferred that head on the VOTC fig in the first place.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Are the figs going to be available outside of the EB promotion? That Chewie looks beautiful. I would've preferred that head on the VOTC fig in the first place.

From what I got from the Q & A, this is the only way to get these figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2005, 12:35 PM »
Dammit. I need that Chewie!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2005, 08:26 AM »
Glad that Hasbro calmed everyone down with the comments.  I just could not see them trying to sell that Luke to the masses.  I know they tried with that Anakin Peasant thing but it flopped major. 

Once again it's just a nod to the vintage days.  I do agree that it was an exclusive slapped together at the last possible instant.  I still like the set for what it is. 

SilverZ

« Reply #217 on: May 2, 2005, 06:48 PM »
Has it been mentioned (I might have missed it in the thread) how they plan to ship these? Before I finally mail off my packet, I feel like I need to confirm that they won't ship these cheaply in bulk mail that won't get forwarded by the post office.

I'll more than likely be in a new place by the time these ship, and it would be typical of them to ship via the cheapest method, and have it go into the trash at my old place.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #218 on: May 2, 2005, 06:57 PM »
I'll more than likely be in a new place by the time these ship, and it would be typical of them to ship via the cheapest method, and have it go into the trash at my old place.

That's an interesting predicament there Jared.  Hadn't thought of that.  Yeah, people definitely may be moving at some point this year, so sending a current address out to Hasbro when they may not ship until later this year could definitely be a problem for some folks.  I guess if I were potentially in that boat, I'd just have my stuff sent to a relative, or my office, or some other safely permanent location...

On a related note, my local WM actually still had a couple of these sitting around today.  Man, and to think we were near tears at Midnight Madness at the prospect of missing out on these while waiting for the Lava Vader...  :P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 2, 2005, 07:55 PM »
I'm in the same predicament that Jared is in.

I'm tempted to have them shipped to my job 'cause I should be moving in the next month.

I find it hard to believe that after you have to send in the UPC, the original receipt and the certificate, Hasbro would still have the balls to tell you - "sorry, we're out, didn't you read the fine print, it says 'while supplies last'" - cause part of me wants to just wait to send it in after I'm sure I'm in the new house - which could be as early as mid-June.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 2, 2005, 08:41 PM »
Yep, I am not turning mine in yet either.  Although my wife will be at our new address in a few weeks.  However, we may move yet again later in the year to a more permanent home.   Fun, fun.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 2, 2005, 11:26 PM »
Does anyone have any idea of how these are going to ship?  Plain mailer? Fancy schmancy package?  Beat up recycled cardboard?  Really curious about whether chasing down three of these (one to mail and keep sealed; one to mail and open, one to keep in hideous plastic shell) is really necessary?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #222 on: May 2, 2005, 11:36 PM »
I'd LOVE to find collector cases and Vader helmets on sale...  Hell I'd like to find EB sets on sale too, but I've wanted a Vader helmet/voice changer since those came out but I don't wanna shill out the $$ for it.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 3, 2005, 12:15 PM »
Does anyone have any idea of how these are going to ship? 

Unfortunately, I haven't heard any word on this.  Anyone think to ask the Hasbro guys at C3?   :-\

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 3, 2005, 01:42 PM »
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing a plain white mailer ala the 4 pack army builders. 

No biggie as far as I'm concerned.

8)