Author Topic: Terminator the Series  (Read 43803 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator the Series
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Well I guess later in the week it shall be starting in February, still think Wednesday next to Night Rider would have been better to get that garbage of the air. 

Sarah Connor to Jump Nights in Early '09

So anyone still watching this, getting pretty good IMO.

Oh well, it was good for two seasons.  You could almost guarentee this this show will not last past this season with a shift to Friday.  Fox shifts shows to Friday to kill them off by saying they have low ratings.  Of course, most people go out on Fridays.  Maybe with the poor economy people will stay home and watch.  However, Fox isn't looking at the geek factor.  Sci-Fi channel already has established a geek following for original programming on Friday nights.

Friday wouldn't be my first pick, but might be just fine depending on the timing.  If there is a geek following on Friday nights, then this would actually be a smart move to capture that crowd.  I don't get the Sci-Fi channel anymore, but it's been a very long time since they had good Friday night programming outside of Battlestar IMO.  Maybe the schedule will improve by the time the switch is made, but the Friday night lineup this week is below:

07:00 PM STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION THE ENSIGNS OF COMMAND   
08:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS (SEASON 5) THE PRODIGAL   
09:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS (SEASON 5) REMNANTS   
10:00 PM SANCTUARY THE FIVE   

Doesn't look like anything Termy couldn't beat the tar out of.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2008, 07:23 AM »
Well I guess later in the week it shall be starting in February, still think Wednesday next to Night Rider would have been better to get that garbage of the air. 

Sarah Connor to Jump Nights in Early '09

So anyone still watching this, getting pretty good IMO.

Oh well, it was good for two seasons.  You could almost guarentee this this show will not last past this season with a shift to Friday.  Fox shifts shows to Friday to kill them off by saying they have low ratings.  Of course, most people go out on Fridays.  Maybe with the poor economy people will stay home and watch.  However, Fox isn't looking at the geek factor.  Sci-Fi channel already has established a geek following for original programming on Friday nights.

Friday wouldn't be my first pick, but might be just fine depending on the timing.  If there is a geek following on Friday nights, then this would actually be a smart move to capture that crowd.  I don't get the Sci-Fi channel anymore, but it's been a very long time since they had good Friday night programming outside of Battlestar IMO.  Maybe the schedule will improve by the time the switch is made, but the Friday night lineup this week is below:

07:00 PM STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION THE ENSIGNS OF COMMAND   
08:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS (SEASON 5) THE PRODIGAL   
09:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS (SEASON 5) REMNANTS   
10:00 PM SANCTUARY THE FIVE   

Doesn't look like anything Termy couldn't beat the tar out of.

The competition doesn't really matter.  This is the Fox channel.  Ratings have been down for the show.  Fox is not forgiving in these circumstances.  Dark Angel was moved to Friday's at one point, and it didn't make it past season 2...Season 3 could have been moved to Sunday's since X-Files ended the same year and could have filled that gap.  Boston Public (I think that was the name) was moved to Fridays and then cancelled.  Same thing with Reunion and a host of other shows.  Fox moves shows to Fridays as a cop out to say they don't achieve ratings goals (which is hard, due to the night) and then cancels the shows.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2008, 07:32 AM »
I wouldn't say competition doesn't matter - I think we've all seen good shows cancelled when they can't get the ratings they need because they're going up against something more popular on another channel.  Timeslot is obviously another consideration, but if there is a supposed "geek" audience on Friday night and a vacuum of anything good to watch on Sci-Fi, then it might do quite well.  I think there are also much higher expectations for network shows versus cable shows.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2008, 10:27 PM »
I have a bad feeling about this. Can they count DVR recordings & if so do they count towards ratings?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2008, 10:52 PM »
I have a bad feeling about this. Can they count DVR recordings & if so do they count towards ratings?

DVR Recording is tracked by Nielsen Media, but isn't always given the same consideration as regular viewing from what I understand.  I think the jury is still out as to whether people skip over ads with their DVRs.  If they do, then the households viewing are potentially worth less because the shows make their money via advertising and advertisers don't want to pay for shows where the commercials are being skipped.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2008, 10:46 AM »
Another interesting episode last night, still raises more questions tho.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2008, 07:17 AM »
Another interesting episode last night, still raises more questions tho.

I would have loved to see them shoot the kid to see what happened to the older guy.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2008, 07:35 PM »
I love this show which I initially thought would fail.  My only problem is that with with the future having been seen and created on one level, that there is now no way to change the past since the future can always go back and change the events that could destroy humanity.  We are beginning to see this take effect.  Plus the idea of multiple futures is going to create multiple pasts thus multiple timelines making the future very confusing on both the humans and machines.  Not sure what show (maybe History Channel or Discovery) that discussed this and the actual chance that this is possible. Really quite confusing if you are not an physic or astrophysic.

Spoilers below for discussion
So is Sarah now dealing with Cancer?  We know that in the 1st season she avoided it due to changes in the future when she time travelled in the bank.  But has the future changed once again and how? Cromartie being saved from his burial in the desert?

Cameron also mentioned pregnancy.  If so how is that going to change things.  Abortion to eliminate the baby to the future.

Too many twists or not enough?

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2008, 07:19 AM »
I love this show which I initially thought would fail.  My only problem is that with with the future having been seen and created on one level, that there is now no way to change the past since the future can always go back and change the events that could destroy humanity.  We are beginning to see this take effect.  Plus the idea of multiple futures is going to create multiple pasts thus multiple timelines making the future very confusing on both the humans and machines.  Not sure what show (maybe History Channel or Discovery) that discussed this and the actual chance that this is possible. Really quite confusing if you are not an physic or astrophysic.

The entire show is an alternate timeline, at least from the T2 to T3 standpoint.  T4 is going to take place based on the events in T3.  SCC started between T2 and T3, and thus wiped out the T3 timeline when they jumped to the future.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2008, 01:55 PM »

The entire show is an alternate timeline, at least from the T2 to T3 standpoint.  T4 is going to take place based on the events in T3.  SCC started between T2 and T3, and thus wiped out the T3 timeline when they jumped to the future.

Actually, it's my understanding that T3 may have zero impact on T4, since it's essentially a prequel to T1 (despite being in the future).  T4 takes place before anyone is ever sent back in time, so it would fit with chronology of T1 or the series, assuming the series does not avert Skynet from taking over. 

I like the idea that the future is constantly changing as present events are changing...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2008, 08:58 AM »
So what episode are you guys upto there?
It hasnt even come back on down here and i've just finished downloading and watching the first 9 eps
I'm impressed, the whole thing has been pretty slick so far.
I hope it dont get canned
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2008, 09:25 AM »
The last one was episode 9 with Charles Fisher & Ellison taking Cromartie's body "Complications".

Here's a run down of the episode names for season 2:

1: Samson & Delilah.
2: Automatic For The People.
3: The Mousetrap.
4: Allison From Palmdale.
5: Goodbye To All That.
6: The Tower Is Tall But The Fall Is Short.
7: Brothers Of Nablus.
8: Mr. Ferguson Is Ill Today.
9: Complications.
10: Strange Things Happen At The One Two Point.  Airs tonight.
11: Self Made Man. Airs Dec 1.
12: Alpine Fields. Airs Dec 8.
13: Earthlings Welcome Here. Airs Dec 15.

22-23 episodes total this season. Looks like no news ones till February 13th.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 Episode Guide:

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Thanks Dale, you are just the most helpfull Canadian in the world!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2008, 03:47 AM »
No problem Hemish.  :)

Well that was another interesting episode.  :o  :-X

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2008, 01:37 PM »
No problem Hemish.  :)

Well that was another interesting episode.  :o  :-X

Great ending...not exactly what I was expecting.