Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125679 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2017, 07:01 PM »
I bet they'll just reissue it in a year or two with more/different games on it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 13, 2017, 07:20 PM »
A puzzling move to discontinue something that clearly hasn't sold through as it could. I have never seen one in a shelf.  I got mine by watching brick seeker religiously, and even then the Taarget employees clearly did not want to sell it to my wife when she went in to get it. These same employees told me they sold through to people lined up on the release day, when I was there the second the store opened, and got back there within a minute after opening.

This was a scalper's wet dream.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #422 on: April 13, 2017, 11:36 PM »
It's a scalper's wet dream by Nintendo's own design.  The purposely didn't make enough in order for it to be the tough to get toy this past holiday season.

Bastards.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2017, 12:12 AM »
I have vowed to never buy a Nintendo product again and I never will **** Nintendo

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 19, 2017, 09:43 AM »
You people act like you just can't pick up an NES on ebay and mod it for better video. You can do that or buy a clone or emulate it. I saw no reason for a mini NES with so many other alternatives.  If you have money burning a hole in your wallet, you can buy an Analogue NT mini with full HDMI and play games in 1080p.

https://www.analogue.co/pages/nt-mini
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2017, 02:03 PM »
Good news, everyone!

Report: SNES Classic Edition is on the way

I am already in line for this at Best Buy. Send food.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #426 on: April 19, 2017, 02:11 PM »
Send food.

If you send me the location of the McDonald's closest to you, I'll have them send over some burgers ASAP.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #427 on: April 19, 2017, 02:30 PM »
You people act like you just can't pick up an NES on ebay and mod it for better video. You can do that or buy a clone or emulate it. I saw no reason for a mini NES with so many other alternatives.  If you have money burning a hole in your wallet, you can buy an Analogue NT mini with full HDMI and play games in 1080p.

Many casual users don't want--if they even know how--to mess with mods, emulators, ROMs, and any of that other ****. That's a big part of the appeal of the NES Classic. It's a really simple, plug-and-play, (theoretically) inexpensive way to play a bunch of games people remember from growing up. And all that without any of the moral/legal issues that come with emulators and ROMs.

And let's also not forget just how goddamn adorable it is. Nostalgia's a helluva drug.

For $449? You could almost buy two NES Classics on eBay for that!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #428 on: April 19, 2017, 02:39 PM »
If you send me the location of the McDonald's closest to you, I'll have them send over some burgers ASAP.

One of these days I'm gonna take you guys up on all the McDonald's bull**** you give me. I'm gonna post a video of myself eating Quarter Pounder after Quarter Pounder after Quarter Pounder, and by the end it'll be so nasty and disgusting that you guys won't even be able to think about Mickey D's without throwing up in your mouth a little. (Just for a visual reference, I'm picturing the Lard Ass scene from Stand By Me here.)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 19, 2017, 03:00 PM »

Many casual users don't want--if they even know how--to mess with mods, emulators, ROMs, and any of that other ****. That's a big part of the appeal of the NES Classic. It's a really simple, plug-and-play, (theoretically) inexpensive way to play a bunch of games people remember from growing up. And all that without any of the moral/legal issues that come with emulators and ROMs.

And let's also not forget just how goddamn adorable it is. Nostalgia's a helluva drug.

For $449? You could almost buy two NES Classics on eBay for that!

What Matt said.

I've had this obnoxious argument with my brother when I was trying to find one of these.

"You people act like you just can't pick up an NES on ebay and mod it for better video". This makes me laugh. Just that easy yep. How dare we just want to hand $60 to Target and have easy access to NES games if all we had to do was what you stated?  ::)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:03 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #430 on: April 19, 2017, 05:16 PM »
Good news, everyone!

Report: SNES Classic Edition is on the way

I am already in line for this at Best Buy. Send food.

They're only going to make 12 of them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #431 on: April 19, 2017, 07:51 PM »
They're only going to make 12 of them.

Fortunately, Nintendo has learned their lesson from the NES Classic, and as such will be greatly increasing the production of SNES Classics.

Unfortunately, Nintendo has made the inexplicable business decision to ship all of those units to a single Kmart store located in Laramie, Wyoming.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 26, 2017, 12:28 PM »
SNES Classic coming September 29 for $79.99

Some of the games included

Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
Earthbound
Final Fantasy III
F-Zero
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Mario 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Super Punch Out

Good luck getting one of the 3 systems your store will stock!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 28, 2017, 10:19 AM »
I see no reason to buy this. I already have a real SNES. I'll probably never see it anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTTXKbGcsXM
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:20 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 28, 2017, 01:23 PM »
Word is that they're making more this round, and that they'll continue to ship from September until the end of the year.

I want one.

I still want an NES Classic too, and quite honestly I'm surprised Nintendo didn't make more of them.  The demand is absolutely there for these kinds of sets.  They could charge more, throw in more games, and sell tons of them.