Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199522 times)

Offline jedi_shadow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1575 on: November 3, 2008, 05:27 PM »
The joes figs will be on temporary price cut  at target for 4.99 from nov 4 thru nov 24.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1576 on: November 3, 2008, 06:11 PM »
Say What?

Say What?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1577 on: November 3, 2008, 09:10 PM »
The joes figs will be on temporary price cut  at target for 4.99 from nov 4 thru nov 24.

And like every other thing that goes on sale in the toy aisle at Target, nothing will be stocked until after the sale, regardless of how empty or full the pegs are.  :-\

Is it just me, or is everybody else not seeing anything at retail other than older figures on new, less shiny cards, in ridiculous, falling-off-the-pegs abundance?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1578 on: November 3, 2008, 10:29 PM »
I'm seeing the same thing. Those damn revision cases are why I bought a case of wave 10 from BBTS.
I guess Hasbro heard our pleas for better distribution, but the choices for figures in some of these cases are baffling to say the least.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1579 on: November 3, 2008, 11:19 PM »
I can't help but think that the people at Hasbro picking case ratios are all on crack.  I don't know what "sales figures" they may be looking at to determine these things, but when I can find the same peg warmers in multiples stores of the top 3 retailers, in two states, over a 200 mile radius...crack.

And it's Joe, Star Wars and Indy.  With Star Wars they can seemingly get away with it, but on lines with smaller followings their bad decisions are magnified.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1580 on: November 3, 2008, 11:34 PM »
I'm to the point I agree here...  I used to think they had some validity to their claims and it was "just my area", but it cannot be.  EVERYWHERE is the same with the 3 big brands they push, and they just don't get it.

Right now my nearby WM loaded up on Legends ****, and it's horrible...  I see the same GIJ's, and then suddenly MORE of the same GIJ's...  Finding **** for my brother is nye on impossible.  Likewise, I don't think I need mention the Indiana Jones debacle.  I've still yet to even see the TLC wave twice, and I only saw 2 figures in stores once when I did see anything from that wave.  I'll never see TOD, or the other TLC figures I need. 

Hasbro sucketh much dick for the rocks they are on, or at least I imagine they would for their crack, as they must love their crack.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1581 on: November 5, 2008, 09:51 AM »
A local collector found both waves 10 and 11 at Target.  Must be nice to pick up brand new figures at the reduced price.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1582 on: November 6, 2008, 09:26 AM »

I've been seeing this price all over my neck of the woods, but some are saying this price isn't at every store.  ???
« Last Edit: November 6, 2008, 09:27 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1583 on: November 6, 2008, 11:48 AM »
Got around to opening the Rise of Serpentor and Pyramid of Darkness sets.  Dusty & Quickick are now my favorites.  Is the Cobra box meant to connect to the MASS Device or something?  Not really following it.  Looks like a big Energon cube from Transformers.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1584 on: November 6, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Got around to opening the Rise of Serpentor and Pyramid of Darkness sets.  Dusty & Quickick are now my favorites.  Is the Cobra box meant to connect to the MASS Device or something?  Not really following it.  Looks like a big Energon cube from Transformers.

I couldn't figure out what to do with the Energon cube either (which is what I thought when I saw it as well).  I really liked those sets overall, and I thought Dusty was one of my favorite figures of the line.  He was one of my favorites as a kid as well, so that might have something to do with it, but its really a nice looking figure.  I re-arranged/setup my Joe shelf this past weekend, and although I don't have all of it (though most of the basic figures), it really is a nice lineup overall.  Its too bad this line is likely going to take a backseat to movie stuff next year, but even so, we've got a heck of a lineup of figures/characters so far.  Again, like Star Wars, I already have more figures than I did from the entirety of my youth within a year's time. 

Offline jedi_shadow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1585 on: November 6, 2008, 07:12 PM »

I've been seeing this price all over my neck of the woods, but some are saying this price isn't at every store.  ???

Temporary price cuts usually are chain wide unlike clearance prices.  I know sometimes signs are not put out or knockdown and go missing.  Did they scan the item to check the price?

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1586 on: November 6, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the second batch of Docs has started arriving.  I got in 8 today, and as a suprise, they all seem to have the fix (non-emo) Duke forearms.  Other than that the packaging and cardback are all the same.  Good stuff!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1587 on: November 6, 2008, 11:08 PM »
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the second batch of Docs has started arriving.  I got in 8 today, and as a suprise, they all seem to have the fix (non-emo) Duke forearms.  Other than that the packaging and cardback are all the same.  Good stuff!

I'm still waiting on my 2 that I sent off in June.  ???     WORSE EXCLUSIVE EVER  I just want one to open and one to keep carded.   Do you have an extra set to sell?  Hasbro seems to have forgoten me and all of the little green stickers I managed to find.   ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1588 on: November 6, 2008, 11:47 PM »
I forgot to send for mine and sent in the form like a month ago...they cashed my check yesterday so I'm still hoping :)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1589 on: November 7, 2008, 01:53 AM »
I'm still waiting on about 4 or so.  I don't remember how many I ordered actually.  I think it was back in June that I sent in for them.  I did buy 1 and win 1 at the Joecon in Dallas but I want the new version with the corrected wrist articulation.