Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558193 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2012, 02:10 PM »
All the same, I'll get to work on my bodyarmor and collection of knives, stakes, swords. hammers and slingblades just in case ;)

Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade, mm hmm.

He should know - he studied on it. Studied on it quite a bit.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 23, 2012, 08:22 PM »
hahaha, truely funny stuff. seems like they are almost done with the third episode and getting ready to film in Senoia, Ga doubling as the town the Gov,na rules!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 25, 2012, 01:44 PM »
Couldn't sleep last night so watched the Mist and it had the actors that played Andrea, Carol and Dale in it.  The movie kinda sucked except for the ending, but ya...good trivia question?  ya no.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 25, 2012, 02:42 PM »
Couldn't sleep last night so watched the Mist and it had the actors that played Andrea, Carol and Dale in it.  The movie kinda sucked except for the ending, but ya...good trivia question?  ya no.

Funny.  I watched that few weeks back and I thought the whole movie was good except for the ending!  I definitely wouldn't have gone out that way.  It was cool to see some of the same WD characters though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 25, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Of course the ending was a terrible situation, but I never saw that coming so that is why I liked it.  It was just a movie....but ya I agree it was nice to see some of the gang together outside of the dead.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 25, 2012, 05:11 PM »
I really enjoyed The Mist, and the ending might have been my favorite part... definitely an "oh ****" kind of moment. And here's an additional bit of info: Sam Witwer, who was in The Mist and did voice work for various Star Wars projects, played the "tank zombie" in the first episode of TWD.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 26, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Ugh, the ending of The Mist was appalling and repulsive in my opinion. I guarantee you whatever sorry jagoff wrote that did not have kids. It just came off as cheap and contrived to me. NOTHING like the way WD handled the Sophia storyline.

I did enjoy the shooting of that whackjob woman that kept making trouble though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 26, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Speaking of timelines....what really bothered me last night was the neighborhood that they went to.

Corpses had been in the garage long enough to rot down to skeletons, but the grass was all mowed and trimmed.

Do zombies landscape?

Friends visiting family in Senoia, GA posted pictures of signs that are up all over town that read "Stalwart Films, LLC thanks the City of Senoia for NOT mowing their grass."
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 27, 2012, 12:47 AM »
Ugh, the ending of The Mist was appalling and repulsive in my opinion. I guarantee you whatever sorry jagoff wrote that did not have kids. It just came off as cheap and contrived to me. NOTHING like the way WD handled the Sophia storyline.

The Mist's screenplay was adapted from Stephen King's novel by Frank Darabont, former executive producer of The Walking Dead.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 1, 2012, 11:35 AM »
oh the mist was on syfy last weekend and I caught different parts of it several times, enough to see all the WD cast members.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 3, 2012, 11:18 AM »
If you're looking for something to do while waiting for the WD, check out the comics.  They are fast approaching issue 100 and getting back to some bigtime action in the storyline after a pretty long hiatus. 

I'm also reading World War Z.  It's written somewhat documentary style while a bunch of different interviews telling the big picture story.  Took me a while to get used to the format, but they can cover a lot more ground that way.  All kinds of pretty interesting info on how "Zack" (Code word for the undead) was able to take over most of the world and how it spread so fast.  In this version you do have to get infected like a virus - those who die in other ways don't come back. 

The book shows why the military was mostly ineffective, what happened in many different countries, how people survived, and the changed world post apocalypse.  A lot of the stuff we have talked about in this thread is in there, like going back to castles/walls, using makeshift swords/sheilds, using the colder weather to freeze Zack.  Its also an interesting perspective on how the living react - how they can be just as dangerous or more than the undead. They cover all the misinformation that gets people killed and something called a Quisling - people who snap and start acting like Zombies, further driving misinformation for the survivors.  Good stuff.

My only complaint is that there really isn't a main character to follow yet outside of the interviewer - just a lot of seperate stories from survivors, some more interesting than others.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 3, 2012, 11:48 AM »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 3, 2012, 02:24 PM »
Just the same way it starts in the book....

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 3, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Looks like its about time to buy another pistol and Ar15.

I read this somewhere, "The hardest part of the zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited."
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 4, 2012, 09:12 AM »