Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 2  (Read 39645 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 2
« Reply #45 on: December 3, 2015, 09:48 AM »
Oddly enough, there were no Leia's on hand.  Strange.

I thought Leia would be the Peg Warmer on this wave.

Leia's short-packed I do believe.  I think that's part of her scarcity.

Yes, Leia is short-packed compared to Kylo/FOS - the Wave 2 case is:
4x Kylo
3x FO Stormtrooper
2x Leia
1x Vader
1x Chewie
1x Jedi Luke
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 09:49 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 5, 2015, 01:17 PM »
Still no sign of these in my neck of the woods.  One of the three Walmarts got in another two cases of wave 1, and another simply got tired of waiting for new figures to arrive from any assortment period and allocated the two months of empty space to (and I'm not making this up) 16 pegs of glow sticks, four pegs of flying discs, and one peg of TPM 3D Ric Olies that look like they've been through an actual war and have been marked up to 12.83.  So yeah, not anticipating I'll be seeing wave 2 anytime soon around here.

On the off chance I do happen across them on a trip out of this miserable hellhole, does the 5 POA Stormtrooper head swap easily onto the SA Stormtrooper body?  I'm not skilled with painting or customizing at all, and it would almost be worth it to me to just buy the cheaper version to swap out the heads. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 5, 2015, 02:28 PM »
I think it's probably due to the sheer size of the Walmart chain.  There's currently over 4,000 stores domestically.  It makes me think that distribution of these exclusive offerings takes some time. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 5, 2015, 02:40 PM »
I think it's probably due to the sheer size of the Walmart chain.  There's currently over 4,000 stores domestically.  It makes me think that distribution of these exclusive offerings takes some time.

I think there's more like 3300 Walmarts - over 4,000 if you included Sam's stores.  Walmart is actually known for having revolutionary distribution systems and they add distribution centers as the number of stores expand.  I would guess this is more of a supply side issue with either Walmart not initially ordering enough product or Hasbro not delivering quick enough.  Either way, I hope they get these up on line for us to purchase soon.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 5, 2015, 02:43 PM »

I think there's more like 3300 Walmarts - over 4,000 if you included Sam's stores.  Walmart is actually known for having revolutionary distribution systems and they add distribution centers as the number of stores expand.  I would guess this is more of a supply side issue with either Walmart not initially ordering enough product or Hasbro not delivering quick enough.  Either way, I hope they get these up on line for us to purchase soon.

As of Dec. 31, Wal-Mart said that it operates 4,177 stores in the U.S., excluding its Sam's Club warehouse club footprint. Among them are 3,275 supercenters, which average about 182,000 square feet. This is simply too many stores, said Belus Capital Advisors analyst Brian Sozzi.Jan 31, 2014

The one-upmanship type of posts are getting really ******* tired. 

« Last Edit: December 5, 2015, 02:45 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: December 5, 2015, 03:50 PM »
They could be in the back not getting out...  I've read quite a few stories over the years that one of WM's biggest issues is getting enough employees to keep shelves stocked.  Toys supposedly really suffer for this too.  It's a problem all retailers are facing I guess but the bigger ones it is worse.

Locally I know our WM stores are very picked over but their main grocery competition is a company called Giant Eagle which has a union base of employees, but tends to have things stocked well.  Costs a little more though but rarely is out of what you need for dinner. *shrugs*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 5, 2015, 05:06 PM »

As of Dec. 31, Wal-Mart said that it operates 4,177 stores in the U.S., excluding its Sam's Club warehouse club footprint. Among them are 3,275 supercenters, which average about 182,000 square feet. This is simply too many stores, said Belus Capital Advisors analyst Brian Sozzi.Jan 31, 2014

The one-upmanship type of posts are getting really ******* tired.

Nice work missing the whole point of the post.  Re-read what you just wrote if you want an example of one-upmanship.  And stop being such a sensitive prick.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: December 6, 2015, 06:36 PM »
Meanwhile, back on topic...

I was getting pretty bummed seeing Walmart after Walmart with pegs and pegs full of Wave 1, but finally lucked out today and pulled a Wave 2 case off one of the pallets that was clogging the main aisle (Walmart  ::)).   I left one Kylo behind for the next guy that comes along, but bought everything else Wave 2 in the case - 3x Kylo, 3x FOStormie, 2x Leia. 

Heading to eat dinner soon, but looking forward to cracking them open tonight! :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 9, 2015, 11:28 AM »
Wasn't sure where to post this, figured this thread was as good as any, but just in case you are using BrickSeek to see if you should check a store for these or the Wave 3 TBS exclusives - don't bother. I have visual confirmation that putting in the item number for any of these figures individually produces inaccurate results - and it has nothing to do with being 24 hours out-of-sync like the site mentions.

The lesson here is that BrickSeek was designed to be a tool for finding Lego sets at these stores, I'm moderately confident that Lego sets do not come in assortments, they come in solid cases of each item - so inventory of Lego is theoretically much "simpler" than inventory of individual figures that come in an assorted case pack.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2015, 11:29 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 9, 2015, 01:42 PM »
Pete - you might have missed Jeff's earlier note on this.  Looks like you have to put in the assortment #, not the individual item number or UPC.

Brickseek won't work unless you have the inventory # for the case assortment - 46173522.   That works...  but you won't be able to tell if it's Wave 1 or Wave 2 or whatever.  Just tells you that they have some type of Black Series 3.75" figures.   :-\

Of course, results may still vary.  I was at Walmart last night and they show 27 items in stock, but couldn't find them on the floor or in the stockroom.   :o

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: December 9, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Btw the heads don't swap on the Stormtroopers.  Very different neck pegs. 

Honestly I don't see all the hooplah over the paint though.  If that's the worst thing being complained about, it's so minor IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 9, 2015, 06:59 PM »
Pete - you might have missed Jeff's earlier note on this.  Looks like you have to put in the assortment #, not the individual item number or UPC.

Brickseek won't work unless you have the inventory # for the case assortment - 46173522.   That works...  but you won't be able to tell if it's Wave 1 or Wave 2 or whatever.  Just tells you that they have some type of Black Series 3.75" figures.   :-\

Of course, results may still vary.  I was at Walmart last night and they show 27 items in stock, but couldn't find them on the floor or in the stockroom.   :o

Thanks! Yeah - I knew about that number - but when I try it, it still tells me 0 in stock in stores where I know there are multiples of Luke, Vader, Chewie - and the in the case of one store, a lone ANH Celebration Leia still hanging on the pegs. So, it's definitely a mixed bag of success.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 9, 2015, 09:58 PM »
I was out on Monday and saw about 10 storm troopers on the pegs between 2 walmarts so I grabbed a 3rd one with a nice paint job. No sign of wave 3 in Boston yet.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2015, 11:20 AM »
I was out on Monday and saw about 10 storm troopers on the pegs between 2 walmarts so I grabbed a 3rd one with a nice paint job. No sign of wave 3 in Boston yet.

Wow! Hope that ends up being the case everywhere.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2015, 01:50 PM »
The nearest Wal-mart for me is about a 35 minute drive.

Do any of you guys happen to have extras of wave 2 you'd like to sell?