Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures  (Read 82604 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis figures
« Reply #165 on: March 7, 2008, 05:19 PM »
I have extra fabric that I used for it if you would like a chunk of it. I purchased an entire yard of it not knowing how bad I was going to screw it up. Luckily it only took me 2 tries. I was able to use the same fabric for the cloak for Teal'c. Just PM me your address and I will ship you out a 9" section.

That be great. :)

I hope my 3 sets ship today. Next week the DVD Ark of Truth comes out. So finally the Ori story line will be finished. If you go to Diamond Select you can purchase additional ring transporter pieces. They are limiting the quantities to 5 per customer @ $4.00 a pop. Somehow I have to get 9 additional rings depending on what all comes with my Carters & Quinns.

I can't wait for Ark of Truth, it'll be great to see the gang back together again. I'm looking forward to the season finale of Atlantis tonight.

Damn it looks like Carter and O'Neill don't come with vests... Why does DST do that? They wear them on the show, so the figures should come with them. They could at least make some sort of accessory pack so we can replace all the old P-90s and pecik up some extra vest for my Black Ops figures.
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Ryan -

Did you get your shipment yet? Mine got held up in St. Louis thanks to the weather.

Ark of Truth is out today....
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2008, 11:48 AM »
the final cut of ark of truth is done?

School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2008, 12:43 PM »
the final cut of ark of truth is done?

Yes. It is at Best Buy, Circuit City, Ultimate etc... I know that Target doesn't have it in their add, but it is possible that they have it.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Ryan -

Did you get your shipment yet? Mine got held up in St. Louis thanks to the weather.

Ark of Truth is out today....

Mine is out for delivery today, but I somehow placed two orders... so I have another coming tomorrow. :-\

I had emailed Rick and he said they would cancel one of them, I guess that didn't happen. Oh well, I guess I'll have extras for customizing.

I still haven't pciked of AoT yet, I have a paper due at 5 today I haven't started yet... talk about last minute. :-X
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2008, 03:09 PM »
I still haven't pciked of AoT yet, I have a paper due at 5 today I haven't started yet... talk about last minute. :-X

Are you hoping for a Time Dilation field to stop time so you can get it done? ;)

Mine is out for delivery today, but I somehow placed two orders... so I have another coming tomorrow. :-\

I had emailed Rick and he said they would cancel one of them, I guess that didn't happen. Oh well, I guess I'll have extras for customizing.

Welcome to the dark side.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2008, 03:16 PM »

Are you hoping for a Time Dilation field to stop time so you can get it done? ;)

That sure would be nice. However I think having some elves do it for me would be the method of choice. :P

Do I get some cookies now? :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 03:16 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2008, 04:30 PM »

That sure would be nice. However I think having some elves do it for me would be the method of choice. :P

Do I get some cookies now? :)

Check your internet history...I am sure you have a cookie or 2 there!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2008, 04:47 PM »
But I can't eat those.  :'(

Well the first of my Series 4 arrived just now. No vests for O'Neill or Carter as I orginally feared. I'll post in a little more detail on them later when I have time.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:09 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Finish your paper Ryan!!!  BTW, did you get that coin yet?

I picked up Ark of Truth, but it's so nice here in the Springs I'm taking the dogs for a walk and working in my yard instead!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Finish your paper Ryan!!!  BTW, did you get that coin yet?

I picked up Ark of Truth, but it's so nice here in the Springs I'm taking the dogs for a walk and working in my yard instead!   ;D

It sure was beauticul out today wasn't it? I'm glad you are finally home. I skimmed by on that paper. That was about as close as I'v ever cut it, it was due at 5 today, meaning I have to leave at 445 I started the paper at 1230 and finished it about 430. :)

No sign of that coin yet I'm afraid. I don't know if it just hasn't come yet or one of my roomates put it some where when they brought the mail in and I never could find it amonst all the crap (a very real possibility).

I just got back from Best Buy with my copy of Ark of Truth, once my pizza comes out of the oven I'll be ready to watch it. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:07 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2008, 01:30 AM »
FYI, my Target did have the new SG-1 movie today.  The shelf tag read $19.99 with no sale sign but I didn't scan it to see.

On another note, I noticed a couple of you guys ordered or were thinking about ordering a second set of the new SG-1 figures for custominzing.  If anyone ends up with an extra MALP they don't want, LMK.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Got home around 9 PM from our MN Jedi Defender Metting and threw in Ark of Truth. I love it.

Spoiler Alert for those who haven't seen it.

The story was good. They made it feel like a 2 hour episode of the show so it didn't feel out of place. Conflict between Mitchel and IOA was great. Loved the fight between the 2 and the Replicator skeleton was AWESOME!!! Found it hard to believe that Teal'c would have survived without a symbiote, but figured that the hand that healed him was either Ohma De Sala or Morgan Le Fey (female hand gave that one away).

I really expected more of a battle between them and the Ori. They left the option there for more with Area 51 getting the Ark (we all know how secure Area 51 ISN'T!!!), Tomin going back to lead the people of that galaxy, and the team still going through the gate.

Well worth the wait. Can't wait for Continum in the summer.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2008, 03:32 PM »
Diamond Select has the ring parts back instock. I ordered my lowly 5 (All you're allowed to order). Granted if I want to make a ring transporter for all my Carters & Quinns then I need 24 sections. I could always use my wifes card.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2008, 05:16 PM »
I put an order in for 4 of them myself. I'd guess they'll remove the limit after awhile. I should know this but... how many rings make up a stack?

I was very pleased with AoT as well. It was a fairly nice conclusion to the Ori storyline. I loved the epic feel it gained from all those helicopter location shots. Teal'c's trek through the mountains was awesome. The special features on the disk were pretty good. I kind of would have liked more but the making of feature was very well done as usual and that comic con panel was hilarious. I've always wanted to go to one of those. I still haven't checked out the commentary. Bring on Continuum! :)

Series 4 is actually fairly dull, IMO. Not bad, I just kind of think 'meh' when I look at them. The MALP is a great accessory and is pretty cool to have. I'm going to have to check to see if it is scale or not though. The rings are kind of small, and the scale looks to be a bit off, not by a whole lot though. I only have a stack of two so far but you can fit SG-1 all in there together it looks like. I'm glad to finally have a Jonas. The Naquadria generator is a neat little accessory. Teal'c and Daniel are both nice, primarily because they both have their damn vests, unlike Carter and O'Neill. >:(

I really don't get why they aren't given vests, they have hardly any accessories between the two of them to begin with. Carter has her gun and I think it is the Asgard Time dilation device.  :-[ O'Neill has a P-90, Radio, and GDO. They both look so plain without their vests. And you rarely ever (possibly never) see them walking off world in their desert camo with only a T-Shirt and no vest, especially like O'Neill with his hat backwards and his goggles on. I can at least give O'Neill a vest when my second set comes. I may have to go back and buy another or the series two Carter to get an extra vest for her though...
"This is the way."