Author Topic: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 3  (Read 26446 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart Black Series 3.75" Wave 3
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 10:31 AM »
I found wave 3 this morning, too.  Definitely good to finally have these in hand.  I picked up Rey, Finn and Poe.  I've got enough of those VTSC Han Solos from previous releases. 

I have to wonder when we're going to see wave 4.  At least 3 or 4 listings were put up on the WalMart site, but we've yet to see those get revealed.  I would think that with the movie out we would at least know the names of these characters or see an image.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 06:00 PM »
No sign of these here either, really hope I'm able to find them eventually. Plus, it is forcing me to go to Wal-Mart, which is never good.  I'm curious to see how far beyond this we will see this year.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 07:28 PM »
I finally found this whole wave today after work.  :) I only grabbed the 3 from the new movie, but the paint apps were all spot on I'm happy to say. And they look great!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 1, 2016, 09:11 AM »
 Finally found this wave this morning - the paint apps were all pretty good so I got lucky from that standpoint.

Rey is a masterpiece. I want to pick up another opener to display her with the helmet/headwrap

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 1, 2016, 06:52 PM »
Still no sign of this wave in my neck of the woods. Checked about 5 different Walmarts around town and they're all the same, empty toy sections outside of one or two Micro Machine sets or Ninja Turtles figures. I even checked a few out of town WMs (where I scored Wave 2) over Christmas and they were exactly the same.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 4, 2016, 10:20 PM »
I wish they only gave to Rey or Finn the lightsaber to re-create the duel toward the end of the movie.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 9, 2016, 02:40 AM »
Was driving to meet some friends earlier when I had a hunch to stop and check a Walmart on the way... sure enough, I see pegs full of Wave 3. They had 4 each of every figure, plus some Kylos and FO Stormies. I ended up grabbing 2 Reys, Finn, Poe, an extra FO Stormie, and a 2nd Kylo to customize into a hoodless version. All had REALLY good paint apps except for the Reys. I couldn't find any that were perfect. The two that I got were close, but still have chips near the neck/clavicle.

Still, feels good to be done with this line (for now).
« Last Edit: January 9, 2016, 02:42 AM by Diddly »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 06:14 PM »
Have an extra Rey and Finn if anyone is interested. I'd like to trade them for the TBS Jawas and Imperial Navy Commando from last year but wouldn't be opposed to selling them for what I paid either. If nobody is interested I'm returning them.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 06:44 AM »
I'm seeing that this wave is hitting with much more frequency than the Wave 2 case did. Which if you're looking purely for TFA characters, this is the case to find/get - with 2x of Kylo Ren, Finn, Rey & Poe, plus 1x of the FO Stormtrooper, it's definitely a good case from that standpoint. I would have thought that only 1 FO Stormtrooper per case would have been a bad thing, but so far, from my experience, the FO Stormtrooper seems to be the third most likely figure to still be sitting around when you find remnants of a case - with Luke being #1, Han being #2 and Kylo Ren being #4...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 09:16 AM »
Not in my area...FO Stormtroopers are scarce.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 01:35 PM »
Not in my area...FO Stormtroopers are scarce.

Ditto.  That's the one that's always gone first in my experience.  Everyone wants multiple troops, but not so much of any of the other figures.  I'm planning to keep two Reys (mask on/mask off), but don't need multiples of anything else.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2016, 02:23 PM »
I've been kind of surprised to read on another(R) forum that people have complaints about the Rey figure.  Notably, that she has sculpted on gloves.  I noticed this when I opened the figure up, but it really is something of a negligible thing to gripe about.  I was actually a bit more surprised to see that you have to pop Rey's head off in order to put on the headwraps.  I'm actually tempted to pick up a second Rey to display with the headwraps on full time with her speeder.  This is such a better figure than the pack-in from that Class I deluxe vehicle set.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 11:09 PM »
Yeah, locally speaking Kylo seemed to hang longer than the Stormie, but in the TFA basic line I'd say the opposite was true.  Kylo, both flavors, flew off pegs and Stormtroopers (which were more numerous with repacks to be fair) were fairly easy to get.  But Kylo not so much.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2016, 04:44 PM »
My gf picked up stragglers from another shipment of these for me while grocery getting.  I missed out on most of the Rey's and Stormtroopers I guess but got one of each and a couple more Poe and a Finny.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 09:35 AM »
Finally cracked these open last night... my Poe has a cracked elbow joint. :( Made slightly funny because when I picked these up last week I got like 3 of each figure and wound up returning the duplicates, so I'm on the hunt again, haha.

But Rey, Finn, and Poe are great figures, and any gripes I have about them would be nitpicking. It's really hard to pick a favorite of the wave.