Author Topic: TVC Gaming Greats Line  (Read 12929 times)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Gaming Greats Line
« Reply #105 on: April 6, 2022, 02:15 PM »
The new Vizla face sculpt reminds me of Karen Gillan. Thumbs up on the improved head movement and look. Gonna buy a couple, one to display with the helmet and the other with the new noggin.

Years ago someone was selling casts of the original head. For those who missed out, now it's possible to get a substitute of the first release relatively cheap.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2022, 06:27 PM »
I'm excited for the Shae Visla...the Lando is nice, but would rather he be a Solo release and give me some hope for a TVC Rio, Val, L3 and Beckett.

I'm happy to have this Lando on any card. I think its funny that some people don't dig this version of Lando. This is the most Lando Lando that ever Landoed. I think he's totally rad.
Macklunkey!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2022, 09:27 AM »
I'm happy to have this Lando on any card. I think its funny that some people don't dig this version of Lando. This is the most Lando Lando that ever Landoed. I think he's totally rad.

Plus THIS is the version of Lando that lost the Falcon to Han.  As a Han Solo fanboy, I'm very happy they made this guy, even if he's under the BFII Gaming Greats card. 

Lando is nice, but would rather he be a Solo release and give me some hope for a TVC Rio, Val, L3 and Beckett.

I hope one day we do get TVC versions of the Solo crew - Dyrden Vos, Beckett, Rio, Val, QiRa, etc.  Of course it's 6 years later and they are still working on completing the Rogue One TVC versions (Baze, Bohdi, Krennic) so I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for more Solo stuff anytime soon. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: May 4, 2022, 11:01 AM »
Available for pre-order tomorrow beginning at 1:00pm ET at the usual fan channel outlets.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 4, 2022, 01:40 PM »
I'm impressed.  This Stormtrooper Commander makes the 30th Anniversary Collection release look like trash in comparison.  And it looks like this is the updated Stormtrooper mold with the rocker ankles.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 4, 2022, 01:44 PM »
I'm glad for those who will enjoy this stuff, but I'm not impressed at all.  I'm so sick of Stormtroopers and Clones.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 4, 2022, 02:07 PM »
I'm glad for those who will enjoy this stuff, but I'm not impressed at all.  I'm so sick of Stormtroopers and Clones.

I feel the fatigue, too.  I can appreciate the good execution on these, but I think the character choices across all of the lines have been transparent as Hasbro tries to maximize the return on their tooling investments.

Gaming Greats needs to change in order to live up to its name.  It was nice to see Hasbro reissue Shae Viszla.  By that same token, at least regarding game characters as reissues, what about Galen Marek?  Darth Malgus could benefit from an update.

New blood is definitely needed on the character front.  It's stunning that the main character from Jedi Fallen Order has still not even been announced, but the troopers that he fights have been in collector's hands for months.

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: May 4, 2022, 02:20 PM »
Eh. They look nice and I'll buy 2-3 of each... but I'd much rather have had a Cal Kestis or some other NEW character and figure.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2022, 12:00 PM »
EE charged me for the Umbra Operative and Lambent Seeker, so I guess these are starting to go out too.

I swear all this stuff must have been on the same ship...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2022, 12:03 PM »
I got a shipping notification from EE for the Umbra Operative ARC Trooper.  But the Lambent Seeker ARC Trooper is still pending.

And I've seen no indication that the BBTS exclusive ARC Trooper is shipping soon.

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2022, 01:00 PM »
I got a shipping notification from EE for the Umbra Operative ARC Trooper.  But the Lambent Seeker ARC Trooper is still pending.

And I've seen no indication that the BBTS exclusive ARC Trooper is shipping soon.

Ditto for me - Umbra shipped, no movement on the other two yet.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2022, 07:20 PM »
That box just got here, only the Umbra Operative was in it.  So same story as you guys, but I thought I got charged for both... I'll have to go check.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 1, 2022, 01:32 AM »
I guess after all of the times I have complained and used their "mint condition guarantee" I must be at the absolute bottom of the list for items shipping out - I am pretty sure I ordered the Umbra Operative and Lambent Seeker figures on the day preorders opened up and my order is still showing as "Coming in July 2022"  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 1, 2022, 11:04 AM »
I just checked, EE did send two boxes.  The second one is supposed to get here on June 7.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: June 2, 2022, 12:31 PM »
Got my Umbra ARC guy today.  Popped over to check EE and my Lambent Seeker ARC guy says due August 2022.  BBTS still says my BFII ARC guy is due June 2022.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2022, 12:33 PM by Jeff »