Author Topic: TVC Gaming Greats Line  (Read 12763 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Gaming Greats Line
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2021, 12:41 PM »
Great video, Matt.  Looking at the new release versus the original TFU version, the difference in quality is like night and day.  I would guess that this new Shadow Stormtrooper was built on the VC140 Stormtrooper buck.  It seems like such a natural platform for doing a number of new varieties of Stormtroopers.

Thanks for watching Nick!  The new Shadow Stormtrooper is using the Rogue One Stormtrooper (VC140) mold.  Honestly, they can reuse and repaint that trooper to the end of time and I'll buy it.  The only improvements they could make is add a holster (for OT troopers) and rocker ankles!

It definitely seems like a no-brainer for Hasbro to use that mold for a couple of troopers in The Mandalorian - the Squad Leader and the Mortar Trooper, who were both in the battle on Tython in "The Tragedy".
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2021, 01:12 AM »
And shipped. 

I wanna check out your video when I get some downtime Matt.  That rifle is enticing me to order one maybe.  It’s not a design I love, but that rifle looks new perhaps and I’m kinda interested now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2021, 04:02 PM »
I have orders in for all of the TVC Gaming Greats from EE.  No shipping notices here.  Two days ago I got an email with a delivery estimate around August for everything but the Electrostaff Purge Trooper (that said September).  And when I checked my account online, the delivery estimate now says November.  WTAF?

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2021, 12:39 PM »
All but my Purge Trooper will be here on Monday. Can't wait!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2021, 03:39 PM »
I apparently have a Shadow Trooper in the mail from EE, but since they charge shipping for the full order and this is a partial order, it was over $30.  I suppose the rest will ship for free eventually.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #50 on: July 5, 2021, 12:13 AM »
I received my Scout Troopers from EE today and I really like them!  I'm going to convert a bunch of them to normal Scout Troopers.  I made a review and comparison video y'all can watch here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: July 8, 2021, 02:26 AM »
Not gonna lie, I’m miffed the scouts didn’t come with blasters.  That was insanely cheap of them to omit the accessory he has a holster for.  Otherwise I love it!  If I had endless piles of scout pistols I’d care less than I do, but this really kinda blew.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 8, 2021, 10:05 AM »
It didn't bother me that much since they don't use blasters in the game.  Like you, I have plenty of extra blasters to equip them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2021, 06:37 PM »
I got a shipping notice from EE for my Purge Trooper back in April.   

Looks like its going via a combo of DHL and USPS.  Hopefully this will be more efficient and transparent than their SmartPost and other shipping methods that have taken 2-3 weeks.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2021, 10:17 AM »
Yesterday I got shipping notices from Hasbro Pulse for a Shadow Trooper and Battle Droid, as well as EE for the Purge Trooper and Battle Droid.  I'm looking forward to getting these, especially the Purge Trooper.

As always with EE's tracking it seems like the order is in limbo.  This Pitney Bowes shipping arrangement might work for them as a business, but from a customer confidence standpoint it sucks.  They generate USPS tracking information, but then the shipment disappears.  For days on end you wind up wondering where the hell it is, and the tracking information has zero updates.  When the tracking does update the shipment is in my state and scheduled to be delivered within a day or two.  But it really does come across as pure nonsense.

It also seems that things have changed with Hasbro Pulse.  Previously my orders were shipping from a fulfillment center in eastern Pennsylvania and they would arrive very quickly after I got the shipping notifications - very often on the next day.  When I would have multiple items shipping at once they would very often be in individual shipping boxes.  Hasbro must have become aware of how wasteful that was, because now multiple figures will ship in the same box.  And the fulfillment center that is shipping out my orders is now in Atlanta.  So much for next day service!

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2021, 10:56 AM »
I got shipping notices for my second Shadow Stormtrooper from Pulse and my Purge Trooper from EE.  I pay extra on shipping for EE items mainly because Fed Ex ground is reliable.  I'll be curious if who of us will be getting our items first.  My stuff only has to get from California to Colorado and the tracking info said Monday.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2021, 01:43 PM »
I find FedEx to be reliable, too.  But the amount it adds to the overall bill is a bit much.  The second tier up in EE's shipping options are very often well over $20 for me, sometimes closer to $30.

That has always been the main picking point that I have with EE.  They are doing tremendous volume in retail sales, and they also act as a wholesaler.  Other etailers like BBTS and Dorksidetoys do significant volume of sales (probabaly not as high as EE), but their shipping rates and services are also much more reasonable.  It makes me wonder a couple of things about EE:

-Is Entertainment Earth building "handling" into their shipping prices?  Meaning warehouse labor costs, shipping materials, etc, in addition to what the carrier charges
-Have they  ever considered setting up a product fulfillment center that's more centrally located in the country?  Or are they married to keeping their operation almost entirely in SoCal?

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2021, 02:18 PM »
-Is Entertainment Earth building "handling" into their shipping prices?  Meaning warehouse labor costs, shipping materials, etc, in addition to what the carrier charges

I would say that is most certainly the case.  They also guarantee Mint packaging, so they add more packing materials than others

-Have they  ever considered setting up a product fulfillment center that's more centrally located in the country?  Or are they married to keeping their operation almost entirely in SoCal?

I'm not 100% keyed in on their operations, but they do a lot of volume and are still a pretty small operation compared to other etailers.  It might be out of reach for them to make a central operation center...at least at this time.

I'm not trying to be an EE apologist, but thought I might have some answers to your questions.  Plus, I can't complain about how they've dealt with me as a customer.  Any interactions I've had with their sales staff has been great!  I can't say that for a lot of other places I've done business.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2021, 02:37 PM »
It didn't bother me that much since they don't use blasters in the game.  Like you, I have plenty of extra blasters to equip them.

I don’t have a ton of extra scout pistols so it does bother me some, plus it’s the epitome of cheap.  No real excuse here for them to have done that on something so minor.  Especially when the mold they used obviously came with the pistol so it was accessible.  This is the kinda stuff I can’t let the company slide on.  Just include the pistol.

My purges shipped also...  we’ll see how and when they arrive.  I’ve grown accustomed to not watching anything from EE ship since it’s so weird how it plays out.  Last stuff I got came pretty quickly though and it always does eventually get here, so I’m just patient with it.  Their shipping prices do suck comparatively speaking, but when it’s a big ticket thing from them with free shipping I can wait on that company they go through to get it to me eventually I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2021, 01:31 PM »
I got a shipping notice from EE for my Purge Trooper back in April.   

Looks like its going via a combo of DHL and USPS.  Hopefully this will be more efficient and transparent than their SmartPost and other shipping methods that have taken 2-3 weeks.

Holy Snokes!  My EE package (shipped via DHL and USPS) arrived in six days!?!?!  And this was via their cheapest "super saver" option. 

I sure hope this is the model going forward.  I might actually consider buying figures from EE again if that is the case.