Author Topic: Walmart 2022 Black Series 6" Armored Boba Fett (Tython)  (Read 1561 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart 2022 Black Series 6" Armored Boba Fett (Tython)
« Reply #15 on: February 9, 2022, 10:56 AM »
Shocked that this preorder was so simple.  This is how it should be. 

But then I think moving to this date might have been by design.  Adding the Deluxe Dark Trooper along with the TVC Din Djarin preorders to this time might have helped.  Why?  Listing a single retail exclusive figure on a given date has the potential to focus web traffic on one site.  But listing multiple items at the same time across multiple retailers at the same time might just spread the user traffic around enough to keep online retail sites from crashing.

OR they just didn't have their **** together in time, which seems more plausible than proactive planning.  I also think the Fett was easier to get because a lot of people bailed after seeing the price.  Lots of guys on FB groups avoiding this one between that and Fett figure overload.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 11:32 AM »
I'll be honest, I'm starting to tire of some elements of the 6" line.  All the unnecessary Boba Fett variations, Gaming Greats repaints, Bad Batch armor variations, credit collection, pre-order stress, price increases, etc.  It's not nearly as fun as it used to be. 

I've managed to skip Archive repaints and the credit collection, but with more and more of these coming out and some of these variants really not being that interesting, I think I'm about to pull the plug most of the way out on this line and only get totally new figures, and maybe even only OT figures.

I still mostly love everything going on with TVC 3.75" (too many Mando variants) and will keep that line going, but I'm not sure how much steam I've got left for 6".

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2022, 02:56 PM »
I'll be honest, I'm starting to tire of some elements of the 6" line.  All the unnecessary Boba Fett variations, Gaming Greats repaints, Bad Batch armor variations, credit collection, pre-order stress, price increases, etc.  It's not nearly as fun as it used to be. 

I've managed to skip Archive repaints and the credit collection, but with more and more of these coming out and some of these variants really not being that interesting, I think I'm about to pull the plug most of the way out on this line and only get totally new figures, and maybe even only OT figures.

I still mostly love everything going on with TVC 3.75" (too many Mando variants) and will keep that line going, but I'm not sure how much steam I've got left for 6".

I was reaching that point and then I Started opening and displaying them around the holidays.  Completely renewed my interest in the line and I was starting to regret some of the ones I passed up on, like the Amazon Order 66 pack, which now goes for hundreds of dollars.  I am getting to the point though where I need to quit with doubles and really minor variations.  The archive figures for example are always slightly different from the original releases, so I've been picking up most of those.  Just not enough space and money to get everything.

I will say that getting up to speed on a display has been a big help in limiting my purchases.  I've pretty much finished all my Transformers, Marvel, and other non Star Wars stuff and just seeing that space filled has resulted in me walking away from some newer items.  I'm sure I'll buy some figures here and there to swap out, but easier to turn it down with the realization I literally have no where to put it.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2022, 10:44 AM »
Opening up the 6 inch figures saves TONS of space. I'm just beginning that journey. Plus, I get the nostalgia for carded TVC figures considering the history there. But is anyone really clamoring to keep 6 inch figures in the generic packaging?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2022, 11:44 AM »
Opening up the 6 inch figures saves TONS of space. I'm just beginning that journey. Plus, I get the nostalgia for carded TVC figures considering the history there. But is anyone really clamoring to keep 6 inch figures in the generic packaging?

Agreed!  I had stacks of boxes filled with boxed Black Series figures, and it took up a lot of space.  I don't feel anywhere near as much motivation to keep most Black Series figures boxed, and I'm going to be opening a bunch myself in the next couple of weeks as I take a deeper dive into setting up my collection room.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2022, 11:51 AM »

You would be surprised.  Lots of people paying for just empty boxes of BS stuff.  Some people want the original generic black boxes, others want the new galaxy figures for the side artwork that forms a larger image.  I've saved a few boxes, but mostly just as a reference or because that particular figure is more rare.

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 1, 2022, 11:41 AM »
Damn, I just realized I accidentally canceled my Preorder for this thinking it was the Throne Room Deluxe Pack, which I just found in store. Of course it is sold out now so I guess I am screwed.  >:(

That’s three exclusives now I’m going to have to grossly overpay for on EBay, along with Cad Bane and the Red ARC Trooper. Ugh.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 7, 2022, 01:26 PM »
Well, stalking this thing paid off because unlike the ARC Trooper, this actually popped back into stock briefly yesterday and I was able to get a new preorder in.  #relief  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy