Author Topic: San Diego Comic-Con 2016  (Read 22723 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2016
« Reply #60 on: August 3, 2016, 01:00 PM »
Finally got our Q&A with Hasbro posted (delayed by some tech issues with SoundCloud) - give it a listen.  6" stands, 3.75" distribution, love for The Vintage Collection, and more...

https://soundcloud.com/jedidefender/hasbro_sdcc_2016_qa

Thanks again to Darth_Anton for helping us out with SDCC coverage!
« Last Edit: August 3, 2016, 01:00 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #61 on: August 3, 2016, 02:20 PM »
Good interview. Kind of reinforces some other comments Steve made pertaining to Vintage/SA type figures. The playset comment is interesting. TMNT clearly has a lot of success with playsets in their line and as mentioned elsewhere, there's a lot of playset love in smaller scales like Imaginext. I think if Hasbro integrated this app feature with the AT-ACT into a larger playset, that would pay dividends. I don't know what the playset would be. SW is more about environments really than a specific location that lends itself to say a Batcave or Turtle Lair type realization. You might say, well the Death Star or Echo Base or Jabba's Palace, but those are all HUGE environments from entertainment that is not current... with the exception of one. So it will be interesting to see if there's any Death Star love for RO. For a lot of us who have been clamoring for some serious DS joy for a long time, this is probably the best shot we've had since 1997. I think a convertible DS playset where the exterior is a big giant model of the station that opens to reveal some split level features and various locations within, with some app integration, would be pretty cool.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 3, 2016, 04:12 PM »
Solid interview, Anton.  You touched on some good points.  And the playset bit at the end was nice, especially since the Hasbro Star Wars team member brought it up himself.  It's always good to hear that sort of perspective since a lot of the Star Wars team are fans themselves.  Many of them do come to this with ideas about what they would want in the line, and sometimes they work towards making something they would like for their own collections if it can be slotted appropriately into the line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: August 3, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Yeah, Ant did a really good interview on pretty short-notice...  There weren't really scheduled Q&A's, and you mostly just had to step in and ask if you could ask some stuff...  kind of.  So Ant did, and did a smashing job I thought.

I caught someone (Dave I think) asking about 6" stands so I passed that along to him if he could squeeze it in since he asked here about it.

The finale with the playsets was interesting though...  At least someone there wants to do it, and he lays out the hurdles on it of course, and this stuff is all ignored by many collectors it seems, and I still maintain whatever they do will be met with incessant bitching about it regardless, but hey it was asked and it was answered and it doesn't get much better than that. :P

It's also nice to hear them, directly, addressing 3.75" SA...  not a lot said, but it sounds like a lot more is coming between this and the Forbes Article Yakface.com brought up.  I'm anxious to hear what this SA future is...  and hoping it's easier to get than the SA present is because, well, holy **** this current situation is frustrating.

I'm especially anxious because of Rogue One being set in the OT, and while I liked SA TFA figures when I got them, I gotta say, it's hollow compared to OT era stuff to me for some reason, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77