Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 416980 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1740 on: May 2, 2023, 07:17 PM »
It was also never produced by Kenner right? Only Glasslite
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 2, 2023, 07:31 PM »
That's my understanding, yep.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1742 on: May 2, 2023, 09:19 PM »
Yakface was the most rare Kenner figure and Vlix was the most rare Droids Glasslite figure.  Right?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 2, 2023, 10:29 PM »
Sounds right.  Although you could make a case for Blue Snaggletooth when it comes to Kenner.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 3, 2023, 07:36 AM »
I thought some of the Vlix legend is that the figure was only released in Brazil.  Reading a little more and I see that Kenner designed the figure, but it was only Glasslite that produced it exclusively for the Brazilian market.

As for Blue Snaggletooth?  I remember a friend of mine had him.  And that’s because he had the Sears exclusive set.  That seems like it might have been relatively common, but I think there are probably very few packaged figures circulating.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2023, 07:49 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 3, 2023, 09:51 AM »
Vlix was only released in Brazil, by glasslite, but allegedly only about 2,000 of them ever made it to stores.  Of those, probably very few remain. 

Regarding Blue Snaggletooth, I’m not saying he’s Vlix level rare or anything close to it, but he might be the rarer of the two between him and Yak Face, who was only available on a tri-logo card outside of the US (if memory serves). I really don’t know when it comes to numbers produced, but when I bought my copies of each they were the priciest, and Blue Snaggletooth seems to cost slightly more, which would imply more scarcity.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 5, 2023, 11:19 AM »
Threepio!

Tig Fromm is in the mail. Still looking for good quality Thall Joben, Uncle Gundy, and Wicket Warrick with original accessories... it's proving tough.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 6, 2023, 12:42 PM »
Tig Fromm and a blue apron Ugnaught got here today... I'm more or less at a standstill until I can find listings for Wicket, Thall Joben, and Uncle Gundy that are complete and in good shape to try to buy...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1748 on: May 7, 2023, 05:50 PM »
Great scores over the last couple of weeks Rob. Those Droids figures especially look fantastic!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 8, 2023, 03:51 PM »
Thanks Jason!

I really really want to find these last three so I can be done... but it's going to take some patience at this point.  There's other stuff on my Kenner list (playsets, Imperial Shuttle, the more rare mini-rigs...) but I'm going to slow the pace down now.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1750 on: May 8, 2023, 09:40 PM »
Of the 3 you have left to get, Joben and Gundy shouldn’t be too difficult. Wicket possibly, but you knocked out the Fromms and those are likely the most difficult of all to get. You got this.

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 8, 2023, 10:06 PM »
Joben… finding one with the correct black blaster and no paint rubs has been tough.  Uncle Gundy there were a few recently but I was focused on the Fromms.  Wicket… I got outbid for one a month or so ago and no loose ones have come up since.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 9, 2023, 07:37 AM »
I will be sad when you are complete and the updates here end.  Very cool stuff.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 9, 2023, 09:31 AM »
There are still going to be a few things coming over time, but yeah me too.  Although this has been stupidly expensive and I won’t mess the spending.  :o

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 10, 2023, 06:39 AM »
Cost is what has kept we away.  I bought an auction many years ago that got me an almost complete run of everything except last 17, droids, and ewoks with several variants.   Several figures could probably use upgrades for better paint and such.  Also missing a few accessories.  In the more recent, I picked up a complete Falcon and some micro collection stuff.  Perhaps once I finish paring down my existing collection, I might get back into looking at vintage again.  I do like the thought of collecting a line that has actually ended and doesn't take up a ton of space.  I already have the vintage 12" line.  I also have a Death Star playset, so with the falcon that is two of the bigger items.  I also have a vintage AT-AT that is missing one of the jaw guns.  Never had a vintage shuttle.  I have been looking through some vehicles on ebay and FB.  I have come to realize that vintage is what I prefer at this point.  Hence why I have been buying retro collection stuff even though I quit buying Hasbro stuff a while ago.