Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER FREE)  (Read 22407 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER FREE)
« on: June 2, 2014, 11:16 AM »
NOTE: THIS IS A SPOILER FREE THREAD FOR OBVIOUS REASONS - spoiler posts will be removed in their entirety. ;)

Well, the first big test is here.  TMZ has posted a whole bunch of shots reportedly from the set of Episode VII.

Are you gonna look at them?

Are you going to feast on every tidbit you can get your hands on hoping to head into December 2015 pretty much knowing everything that's gonna happen?

Or, are you going to swear off Twitter and Facebook and ignore whole sections of Star Wars fan sites (like this one) hoping and praying to know as little as possible as you head to the theaters in December 2015?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Are You Spoiling Yourself for Episode VII?
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2014, 01:52 PM »
I will try to avoid some things, but early photos & casting are fair game for me.  I don't think I can make it 18 months without some kind of general awareness of the movie.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2014, 07:40 PM »
I looked at 'em...  If it's real spoiler-ish, I will likely avoid.  Those pics were just random stuff that could've been from any scene practically so yeah I'm not bugged by that stuff I guess.

I would like to avoid plot points though, or any major character reveals I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 3, 2014, 12:35 AM »
I just hope there aren't any big spoilers in the trailers.  I still wish that LFL would have kept Maul's double-bladed saber secret until the movie.  That was a "Holy ****!" moment that would have had more impact seeing it first in the film instead of "I know he's got two blades."  That moment alone was worth price of admission.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 3, 2014, 10:53 PM »
I'm going to try to avoid as much as I can, but unfortunately for me my curiosity usually gets the best of me.  I'm actually more excited for my sons (they will be 10&11 at the time of release).  I was 10 when ROTJ came out and can still remember listening to the Top 5 music countdown on the local Chicago radio station every night to see if the Ewok Celebration song was still #1.  I also remember only seeing trailers once or twice for the movie and going in not knowing anything about what was going to happen.  It was awesome.

They love The Clone Wars, go crazy for Yoda Chronicles and are really looking forward to Rebels, so I'm sure they are going to go out of their mind when the trailers start coming out.  That's going to be one fun Christmas break.  I'm sure we'll go several times to see it!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: June 4, 2014, 02:08 AM »
I had decided to stay away from spoilers like I did for the prequels, but Facebook is making that damn near impossible. Guess it's another reason I should leave...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 4, 2014, 08:00 AM »
I'm going to do my best to stay spoiler free but keeping free of ALL info? Yeah that's not gonna happen, considering the length of time until the movie comes out, along with visiting this website. Plus it seems like EVERY website has new info whenever it comes out.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER FREE)
« Reply #7 on: December 5, 2014, 11:50 AM »
If we're doing spoilers, can we have two separate threads?  I'm terrible at avoiding them and am going to try this time.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILER FREE)
« Reply #8 on: December 5, 2014, 03:32 PM »
So who would buy a Falcon with a square radar dish??

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 11:43 AM »
When is the teaser poster going to be available?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 03:21 PM »
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Breaks Fandango Ticket Sales Record

"The site sold eight times as many tickets as it did on the first day of sales for the previous record holder, 'The Hunger Games.'"

I think the big theater near my house is up to 22 showtimes between 7pm and midnight on 12/17, with another dozen shows after midnight.  If things keep selling out it sounds like some places will end up showing TFA on 75-90% of their screens that night.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:22 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 07:41 PM »
Not sure which to see it on. Have a theater with 'DBOX' seating(shaking seats, I saw Godzilla on it) or IMAX. The DBOX theater has a huge screen too, though not as big as IMAX.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 09:37 PM »
I got one seat for me for IMAX for the 17th and a digital 2-D on the 18th for me and my oldest.  Cinemark.com was a nightmare last night and Fandango was even worse!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The Force Awakens Trailers
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Presales tickets for TFA shatter the record held by the Hunger Games back in 2012. Disney would like to see more that $208 million in opening weekend sales that were set by Jurassic World.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/20/9576881/star-wars-the-force-awakens-ticket-sale-records
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 12:51 PM »
Is anyone doing the 24 hour Marathon Viewing of all 7 episodes?  I really want to, but am just seeing the 7:00 with family and friends this time around. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today