Author Topic: 2023 TVC Boba Fett's Starship  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Boba Fett's Starship
« Reply #30 on: March 6, 2023, 02:47 PM »
Not quite the amazing sale I was holding out for, but Amazon has the Starship for $187... I had $105 on an Amazon gift card, so I tossed it in and after tax picked it up for $100.  It was still really $200, but it seemed like a good time to go for it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #31 on: March 6, 2023, 03:52 PM »
I saw a review and the ship is just different enough for me to consider picking one up.  The Boba Fett figure is amazingly good, but it will most definitely get a carded release.  Hell, they said the only way you could get the Mando with a soft goods cape would be the Razor Crest and they re-released him in the rescue pack!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2023, 11:55 AM »
I saw a review and the ship is just different enough for me to consider picking one up. 

I just got mine and to what you're saying, I'm really underwhelmed by how light the difference is.  When I really run out of space, this will probably be the first thing I sell.  I also have a wing that doesn't seem to want to sit flat... gotta try to figure that out.

Here's their promo photo...

Here's what it looks like next to the regular release:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 11:56 AM by Rob »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2023, 07:00 PM »
I do think the colors pop a bit more, so I'd probably sell the previous one if I need the space. But I think when I get my new display shelves (for vehicles), I might display one in flying mode and another in the "put Captain Solo in the cargo hold" configuration. The price sucked, no two ways about it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2023, 10:17 AM »
They need to sell that stand separately.  I got a third-party one off of EBay and it was trash.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2023, 04:44 PM »
I only have the previous TVC version and neither of its wings turn fully upright on their own without assistance and are both slightly limp when the ship is on the display stand. ( :-X )

I like the decor on the new one, but I don't have space for a second version and still can't justify the $200 for it, especially since Hasbro didn't fix the wings.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2023, 10:11 AM »
It's down to $171 on Amazon and I cashed in a bunch of credit card points for an amazon gift card so I picked this up for free along with a copy of the first Spider-Man PlayStation game for the boys.

It gets here today.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2023, 11:30 AM »
I sold mine.  I complained about it before, but the paint apps just weren’t different enough for me.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2023, 01:20 PM »
I was on the fence about getting this.  In fact I had originally preordered it, but ultimately cancelled that order.  It just seemed like Hasbro was taking advantage.  So when the nomad Boba Fett figure went up for preorder on it's own?  I ordered that and I feel okay about skipping this particular release.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback