Author Topic: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12  (Read 32326 times)

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
Re: In Rem's Customs - 2/25/06 - Jedi Master Jole Suud
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2006, 02:00 AM »
NICE I love to see new types of Jedis and this looks great.
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2006, 02:12 AM »
Your Jedi General looks great.  I've been thinking of making a Jedi using the Ask Aak head - now I can see what he looks like.  I think the Bandolier is a simple but very effective touch.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2006, 08:38 AM »
I like it. I can definitely see him in the Clone Wars, the bandolier is awesome as well as the robe. Can't wait to see him in KOE #2. Nice to see an update from you, too.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Looks pretty good In Rem, a very believable design.  I might suggest some sort of repaint on the tunic just to make it look less recognizeable?  And honestly I'm not a big fan of that Jedi cloak, I always think it's bulky.  But it does look pretty good on him.  The bandolier is a great touch on him though.  Funny how little things like that can set a figure apart.

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2006, 01:08 PM »
Very nice, I just love the look of him, very tough and ready for some action, MY only gripe is is head seems to high up of his shoulders :-\ And as CHEWIE said maybe change his tunic color to a dark brown, or black, maybe almost like anakin's.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, guys. This was a "quick-n-dirty" rendering just for the K.O.E. PN. It will become clear why I left him as shown when I get that wrapped up.

I don't really like the cloak much. I'd rather work out a way to fix his elbows (I posted previously that the elbows are ugly), but for the PN at this time this is what I needed.

The neck is the same one from Ask Aak. I think Gran just have long necks. :) I think it's kinda cool, but it does make him look a bit like a giraffe (which shouldn't be a shocker considering the influence of that animal on the Gran design).

The ankles are another area I think I can improve, but not right now. :)

Thanks again, guys.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #96 on: March 3, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Two updates tonight:

1. Jedi Master Jole Suud, currently appearing in K.O.E. Chapter 2 (see the PN section)

Kel Dor privateer Silvith Rawe (he'll turn up eventually in K.O.E.)

Comments are welcome, of course. :)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: In Rem's Customs - 3/3/06 - Master Suud, Silvith Rawe
« Reply #97 on: March 3, 2006, 03:57 AM »
Jedi Master Jole Suud looks very well done I like seeing different jedi figures and I also like the way you've done the tunic around the neck area.

Kel Dor privateer Silvith Rawe is also very well done the new body makes the head look totally different  great work mate.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 3, 2006, 10:05 AM »
It's nice seeing a big, burly Kel Dor figure, great use of the Ask Aak body there In Rem.  And the Gran looks a lot better without the cloak I think.  Usually I think of Gran being a bit thicker in the torso but one that is a Jedi is more likely to be in great physical shape.  Very good work.

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 3, 2006, 11:20 AM »
I realy like Silvith Rawe.  I was going to ask what that body was as I didn't quickly recognize it.  He is such a great looking figure.  He just looks like he's a trouble maker.

I like the modifications for Master Suud.  However, I for one still liked the soft good robed version too.  THe fabric additions to hide the "imperfections" look nice.   My only compliant (albiet minor) is that I think the shin guards stand out too much.  Maybe if they were painted a little different.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #100 on: March 3, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Thanks, Brent. The nice thing about the soft goods robe... I can always put it back on :)

The cloth fixes for the imperfections were somewhat improvised, and they don't look as good as I'd hoped. Still, I almost never use soft goods, so I think it's adequate. Plus, I think we'll see Suud again in K.O.E., and with these mods I can keep him poseable. He's actually capable of some pretty nasty combat poses, and I hope I'll get to show him busting up some Seps at some point.

Silvith is one of those figures that just happened. He's the leftovers of Suud, actually, with some POTF2 Lando in Disguise boots. I had entertained making him a senator, but the more I looked at him and then fiddled with his paint scheme, the more I decided he was someone who wasn't fit for senate work. :) He's going to be fairly prominent in the main storyline for K.O.E. How that happens I'm not entirely sure, but he's got a quality about him that makes me want to tell a story for him.

Thanks for the comments. I sincerely appreciate them.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 3, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Do you have any other pictures of Koe in his Asset Recovery gear? That looked like a really cool getup in your PN. By the way, loved Chapter 2. Great writing and pictures. Really got me hooked. Keep up the great work, man.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #102 on: March 3, 2006, 10:46 PM »
That version of Koe is nothing more than an Evo Phase 1 Clone with the pilot helmet with the tubes draped behind his shoulders as opposed to around the neck. Then I threw the Clone Wars Obi Wan's bandolier on him and gave him a POTF2 Sandtrooper rifle... He's not that impressive when I don't drop him into sepia, actually. ;)

I'll be happy to post more pics if anyone wants to get a better idea for how that recipe worked. It was more a matter of need than design.

And thanks for the kind words on the PN, DarthN. Those are a lot of work, but a lot of fun, too. It means a lot when people say they enjoy the read.

I hope it doesn't take me as long to do Chapter 3 as it did to churn out Chapter 2, but who knows... :(

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 4, 2006, 11:30 AM »
I like the design of Koe, it works well for the conceopt of the character. I commented more in the Photonovel threads, but I figured Id try to give you some props here too. ;D Good work on everything. I am waiting for chap. 3.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #104 on: March 5, 2006, 05:05 PM »
You did what I did w/ the Plo Koon neck. It just looks stupid without it.