Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557985 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1290 on: March 4, 2014, 01:01 AM »
Kinda cool insight to the episode on the talking dead.  The zombies hanging in the country club was a result of the staff fighting with the country club patrons...also the one in the pro shop with the rich bitch sign.

Pretty cool that there was an interesting back story there!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 4, 2014, 09:22 AM »
Lost a bet with the wife.  The actress that plays Beth is 28 years old!  Mind.  Blown.  She looks like a teenager.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 4, 2014, 10:02 AM »
Kinda cool insight to the episode on the talking dead.  The zombies hanging in the country club was a result of the staff fighting with the country club patrons...also the one in the pro shop with the rich bitch sign.

Yeah, that was cool. The first thing I thought of when I saw that sign though was the episode last year where they found other corpses with signs on them like "Liar" etc. Sort of made me wonder if there is some psycho running around.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1293 on: March 4, 2014, 10:57 PM »

Yeah, that was cool. The first thing I thought of when I saw that sign though was the episode last year where they found other corpses with signs on them like "Liar" etc. Sort of made me wonder if there is some psycho running around.

There is...her name's Lizzie!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1294 on: March 4, 2014, 11:06 PM »
I liked the episode, but was a little deflated that Darryl's prior life was meh.

I think Beth's days are numbered.  I wonder what Vegas odds are on that?

I dug the backstory on TD about the Country Club...  Actually without TD I really wouldn't have picked up on all that ultimately.  I didn't quite get the "Rich Bitch" quasi-mannequin at the time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 9, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Hm let me see...i'm walking through a foggy wooded area knowing there are living dead threats out there..what will I do? How about instead of worrying about how bullets grab some decent size tree limbs and use them to keep unwanted critters away. They'll be good for swinging, stabbing, hitting and tripping up anything out in the hard to see foggy soup!
And since both Maggie and Sasha will be on Talking Dead afterwards, I hope that means one of them bites it, literally ;)
Time for some people to die!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 9, 2014, 09:11 PM »
If the "Previously - on The Walking Dead" is any indication - I don't think Beth is going to survive tonight's episode  :-\
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1297 on: March 9, 2014, 09:17 PM »
If the "Previously - on The Walking Dead" is any indication - I don't think Beth is going to survive tonight's episode  :-\

I'm thinking no star deaths, tonight.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1298 on: March 9, 2014, 09:52 PM »
Maybe I am hard to please but I thought last week's episode was boring and this week has been so far. 10 min to go. Hopefully it ends well.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 9, 2014, 10:41 PM »
I'm still liking all these episodes, getting back to the basics: people versus zombies.

Just when I thought Daryl and Beth were going to go all sweet on each other, BAM - mysterious kidnapping. Ugh, poor Beth.

Bob is still kind of a weird, squirrely dude, but I like his act after the prison. He seems more together than anyone else. (As pointed out, he was the only one who didn't lose something, so makes sense)

I kept waiting for some crazy weirdo to come creeping out of the closet in that mortuary with Daryl and Beth, or for the food to be drugged and/or poisoned. Seemed too inviting somehow.

So we got everybody on the way to Terminus now except for Daryl and Beth. Three episodes to go...still worried for them.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 10, 2014, 07:36 AM »
I liked everything about last night's episode. I do think these last three episodes need to ramp it up, but the last bunch of episodes have made me care about numerous characters this second half of the season I didn't care much about before. When they kill off Beth I'm going to care now.

And both Beth disappearing and Daryl joining the creepy red neck group left me with a bad feeling in my stomach.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 10, 2014, 09:07 AM »
Ok, I was sleepy last night and completely missed the Beth got kidnapped cue.  I thought she had driven off in a panic to escape the zombies.  That's interesting.

I was also 100% certain until they came back from commercial that Maggie was a walker when she sat up in the parking lot.  WTF was she doing just lying there on the pavement???  There was a food truck she could have climbed up on if she needed a nap!
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1302 on: March 10, 2014, 10:08 AM »
Guess if you lie next to a pile of corpses the dead don't mess with you - an extension of the Michonne travel method.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 10, 2014, 10:38 AM »
I thought the Maggie thing was kind of odd also but then, like Bill said, she probably used them to keep the others off of her. 

I liked last night's episode.  I thought it was interesting to see how far Bob had come.  I don't know if I missed something or if it was planned, but when he was wandering alone at the beginning I didn't realize it was in the past and when I saw Daryl come riding up on his chopper it still took a second for it to kick in that it was a flashback.  Which, I thought, was good storytelling.  Anyway, he seems to have the best attitude about things right now and Maggie and Sasha need that.

Daryl's situation, on the other hand. That was not a good outcome for him.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1304 on: March 10, 2014, 08:06 PM »
I thought Lauren Cohen said something on TD about why she was lying there but now I forget...  I think I zoned out just watching Maggie and Sasha's legs throughout that episode.  Oofah.

I liked the Darryl/Beth arc, the whole "are there good people left" conundrum (answer seems to be "no" by episode's end, at least outside the group), and I felt the Maggie/Sasha/Bob story was a tad slow except for Bob's flashback since we basically don't know Bob...  What about Bob?

The actress who played Sasha had a lot of good insight on TD...  Maggie, she seems to ramble a bit, but I liked Sasha's thought-process of she wants to be alone because every time she's with a group she's kicked out, or they're psychopaths, or they're killed by worse groups...  It's a different perspective.  And Bob just digs having people around.  He's like my cat.

Darryl/Beth's angle was fun though.  I wonder who has Beth now though...  Keep hearing about potential comic characters who may have her.  And I want the douche who threatened to take Darryl's wings to be the next "Tank Guy" to get a bolt through him. :)  It's always the biggest dickheads I like seeing get offed next.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77