Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 483653 times)

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 9.01.05
« Reply #795 on: September 1, 2005, 09:42 AM »
I have to agree with you that you are better off making your own 501st clones -- it's cheaper to buy three #41's and repaint them than it is to buy the assault set.  Plus your clones have the lived in look that set is lacking.

As for the stripes, add them!

Great work

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 1, 2005, 01:11 PM »
CHEWIE, have you considered drybrushing your blasters with a silver color, especialy on battle hardened troops? They get dinged up alot, I'd bet, on the feild. I did it with some blaster rifles and it looks phenominal.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 1, 2005, 01:43 PM »
Yeah, I have done that on some blasters too... I guess I need to do that on these ones also.   :)

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 2, 2005, 01:11 AM »
And now, two early Rebellion Era 501st Stormtroopers.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 9.02.05
« Reply #799 on: September 2, 2005, 01:25 AM »
Wonderful, as always!

Your 501st troopers are GREAT.

But you could have sold me the 5-pack!  I don't have a local K-Mart, so I'll never be able to get it.

Can't wait for the next photonovel, the previews are awesome, as always....
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 2, 2005, 04:33 AM »
The stormies are nice, but I'm not digging the speckling. It just seems out of place to me, and I don't think it simulates wear and tear all that well. Concept wise I think they're solid...quite cool and you did a great job painting the patterns on their armor.

Has anyone explained why the Stormies went all white later in the saga? I mean, aside from the fact Lucas saw an opportunity to make a lot of extra $$$ on ROTS Clone merchandise that he hadn't considered when making the OTC?

-DD
« Last Edit: September 2, 2005, 05:59 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #801 on: September 2, 2005, 04:50 AM »
I think it has something to do with the Empire becoming much stricter and trying to eliminate any individuality. At the end of ROTS the Star Destroyers also are plain and have no clor like they did at the begining of the movie.

But, I think it is posible that there are colored Stormies in the OT. We just don't really see them. If you think back to ROTS, the only white clones we saw were on the Star Destroyers and the dead ones in the Temple. In the OT the only Stormies we see are from Star Destroyers or the Death Stars. The Troops on Endor are from the Death star so that would explain why they are white. The Sandtroopers are a possible "color" variation even though they are just a dirty white. The Troopers on Cloud City were also from a Star Destroyer, so they would be the white "Fleet" Stormtroopers. In ROTS the Troopers that are stationed to a particular planet have different colors, but the "Fleet" troopers are white. This is all purely hypothetical, but it kinda makes sense.

CHEWIE, I like the 501st colens and Stormies, but like DD I don't really like the speckling. It looks odd. I think you did a good job and the chipping on the blue paint for the stormies. It looks more random. I think you could add the blue on the knees for the clones and the stormies. Your lines do look nice and straight, you sell yourself short on that ability. :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 2, 2005, 11:23 AM »
That's an excellent theory SLC - it makes very logical sense to me. 

Anyways, I tend to agree that the dry spray might not work so well on these Stormies.  I think they look really cool in person though.  I had put them on ebay, but a local friend called me this morning that saw them and really wanted them, so they will be his after today.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 2, 2005, 06:12 PM »
Ok, I have made two more of these blue Stormtroopers, I hope these look a little better.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #804 on: September 2, 2005, 06:58 PM »
They look better. Were you going for te 501st look or is it just a variationof that design?
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 2, 2005, 10:44 PM »
They look better. Were you going for te 501st look or is it just a variationof that design?

I don't know, kind of a similar look I guess.  Just keeping the basic design intact but making it a little more simple.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #806 on: September 3, 2005, 03:35 PM »
I really like those Stormie repaints!  That's a great idea for what to do with my obsolete Commtech stormies!
I like the design too, it really looks like a later-version of the 501st design.  Great work CHEWIE!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 4, 2005, 04:30 AM »
Thanks guys.  And I still kind of like the CT Stormtrooper bodies, I think they're underrated somewhat.  If I could find a lot of cheap VOTC Stormies though... one can only wish!   ;)

Here's some updated Jedi that I made.  From the left -

Jedi Master Kala Mly Shundi - He's been in the Rykrof Enloe series before, and is about to jump back in.

Jedi Master Mace Windu - The bad dude himself. 

Jedi Master Frist Res'Uel - A Jedi created for the Rykrof Enloe series.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 9.04.05
« Reply #808 on: September 4, 2005, 04:36 AM »
Very nice CHEWIE!

I'm excited to see Master Shundi come back. I liked his character a lot. It's a really nice look custom too, I like the black, but I think it could use a little more, it is odd how just the hood and the one part on the front are black.

Mace looks good I started one like that back on 5/18 and then lost the head so I haven't finished it, I did find the the head the other day though, I hope to have an update this weekend.

MAster Res'Uel looks good too. I like the drybrushing, of course. Is that head from the 21st century WWII marines?
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 9.04.05
« Reply #809 on: September 4, 2005, 04:41 AM »
Wow - looks like we're both up late!

Yeah, the hood on Kala Mly Shundi looks kinda off being black.  I just like the contrast for some reason... and I'm looking forward to bringing him back to the series.

This Windu is similar to the one I made earlier, I just decided to repaint this version.  So you are making one kind of like this one?  I can't wait to see it.

The other guy's head is a WWII figure like you said.