Author Topic: Late 2003/04 Figures  (Read 18734 times)

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: More News...
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2003, 09:31 PM »
Jimmy, could you make a list of what you heard so far?  Its hard to follow so many of these postings.  i think it goes like this:

Still rumoured
Hem Dazon
R5-D4
Sim Aloo

Just confirmed
R1-G4
R2 w/ serving tray
Rappertunnie
Cartoon CW figures (Boooo!)

Another question.  Since Rappertunnie is probably too small to come carded alone, don't you think it may be possible that the Weequay that was listed on early lists could infact be a Weequay drummer?

You mentioned future Screen scenes like Jabbas Aliens, but I seemed to miss that post.  What figures are rumoured for that set?

Anyone, feel free to add anyting that I may have left off to this list.

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2003, 09:47 PM »
The Weequay I believe is still being mentioned... though when I asked which version that was not quite settled on.

The Jabba Screen Scene was/said to possibly (by that I mean if it does see light) include Ephant and Hermie.
As for other inclusions nothing beyond that...

Though as I have mentioned in the past the Weequay, Bib Fortuna, Bubo have all been on internal lists at some point. So to say that any or all of them could be included could be true.

However one of the four pack possiblities is also a Jabba themed version... So again any or all of the figures mentioned above could go that way...

From what I gather Hasbro is watching sales on both the four packs and Screen Scenes. Thus leaving an open door for some future product.

I had also mentioned the Ewoks, the 3-P0 w/ bendable knees (ala Ewok 3-P0)... which from all I have heard is still looking as a go. That of course could go w/ the wave thing Hasbro is doing next year thus making a possibly Endor wave? Remember we have only heard of five waves so far and they promise us one a month...

Things are really in the air and as Hasbro watches the market more closely over the next few months we'll know a bit more where things will land.

I know Ephant is said to be released again, but as I said not in a single carded. Hasbro understands there is still a demand and I truly believe will react to that.

From all I hear the Hem and R5-D4 are on tap... So I feel safe at saying we'll see those.

Again Hasbro changes things around more often than some think... I mean take the Jabba w/ dais for instance...
It's tough to get info early some times and mention it because of the changes that can happen... I figure I take my risk and run w/ it... I am very confident w/ the friend I have there and don't worry about the what if's...

« Last Edit: August 10, 2003, 11:32 PM by Jimmy »
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2003, 10:43 PM »
Thanks, OCB. Can't wait for that figure.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2003, 10:47 PM »
Great news Jimmy.  Thanks!  

Jabbas Palace 4 pack:  I hope it consist of 4 totally new kit bashed figures.
Hasbro could do the palace version of:

Ishi Tibb
Duro
the droid that is similar to 8D8
red suited Ugnaught

Please answer this.  Why does everyone believe that the C3PO w/ pod will come in the Yavin Wave?  I'm just curious.  C3PO landed on Tatooine.  I'd think it would be in the Tatooine wave.  Has it been confirmed for the Yavin wave or is that just were people are assuming it will fit?

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2003, 11:52 PM »
Far as I'm aware 3-P0 will be in the Tatooine wave as a deluxe there.

That wave is kind of weird... it has a mix of characters from both ANH and Return... but I guess the Tatooine theme ties it all together.

The deluxe in the Yavin hasn't been mentioned yet...
Though watch for something w/ Dodonna from what I have heard...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2003, 02:06 AM »
Please answer this.  Why does everyone believe that the C3PO w/ pod will come in the Yavin Wave?  I'm just curious.  C3PO landed on Tatooine.  I'd think it would be in the Tatooine wave.  Has it been confirmed for the Yavin wave or is that just were people are assuming it will fit?

From what I have read,  C-3PO is from the Tatooine wave...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Check Hasbro NOW
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2003, 02:38 PM »
I remember we had this same discussion at Rebelscum last spring Jimmy during the whole Hoth Han love fest.  I'm with Jesse on all that he has said.  

I think where you do have a point is people buying figures they deem to be pointless and worthless (unless they are completists)...that sends the wrong message to everyone.

It is hard to be so passionate about something sometimes, you get so geeked up about something and when the end result doesn't live up to surreal expectations the worse part of you comes out in unexpected ways sometimes.

I love the look of all of this stuff, 3PO is disappointing to me, could have been a tad bit better but oh well, I can leave it on the peg if on final inspection I deem that to be the case and I would hope others do the same in the same situation

Your points do have a lot of merit in that respect its just some tough love for those people I guess

And I'll also add...I too am starting to feel a big case of indifference to everything I see, even stuff that is absolutely amazing as this product is...not sure why, might be that 26 years of Star Wars is enough, maybe it is all of the negativity of everything going around in our community right now, maybe it is the fact that 10 new action figures to go with the 1000+ I already have isn't as exciting as when I only had 100.  

What I don't want here is people being pissed at each other or not posting I think both sides have merit and is something that really has been beat to death...let's move along and think of something better to argue about why like they didn't make the Hoth Trooper be Cliffy Claven :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2003, 02:54 PM »
I hope you aren't toying with my on that one Jimmy...If Dodonna is deluxe, that means my #1 Accessory might be coming too...the Yavin Tactical Display Table

I would guess the other one would be the Trench Run Projector

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2003, 03:56 PM »
Scott do I toy??

Most people that know me well know that I don't make stuff even though I have been claimed to do just that...
What's funny is many things I have mentioned have come to fruition or ready to...

I mean do you think I'd have pulled the Passel Argente out my... way back in February? That'd be a figure I think Hasbro would've waited much longer on... but... guess I'd have been a wrong man on that.

I don't know the specifics on the Dodonna but have heard is a likely candidate for the deluxe treatment.  
As I hear more I report more... I promise I'll try to not pull stuff out my... anymore  ::) ::) ::)

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2003, 04:01 PM »
Not saying you do toy Jimmy, just warning you not to toy about my toys :-*

All of your stuff is greatly appreciated and we welcome it here very much sir ;)

Now...

[jedimindtrick]You will let them know of the huge demand for Ice Cream Maker Guy[/jedimindtrick]

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2003, 04:07 PM »
All of your stuff is greatly appreciated and we welcome it here very much sir

I know ya's do  ;)

Actually it's funny but Big H knows the petition and cult following of good ol' ICMG...

I don't think we'll see it soon-ish but someday...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2003, 07:28 PM »
I am SO excited to hear about the R1-G4, Bartender R2 and Rappertunie figures!  Those are some great choices for us "collectors", and bode very well for what type of figures we'll be seeing over the remaining year and a half leading up to Episode 3's release.  The more background OT figures, the better!  Can't wait for my Hem Dazon either!  He's always been a "no brainer", just a question of when!

Better start updating those "want lists" everybody!   8)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2003, 07:55 PM »
These upcoming offerings are just beautiful.  I'm ecstatic beyond words to finally see the overdue return to the POTJ line focused on "non-kids" for a change.  The background characters and focus on the classic trilogy is going to make collecting a whole lot more fun in the year or two to come!

I'll agree though that I would've loved a more definitive, neutral, and articulated Hoth Rebel Soldier for some serious army building, and I'm not sure if I'm super thrilled to have Rieekan's arm/hand/fingers stuck in that pointing pose, but he's still great.  His tactical board is one of the best accessories ever!  Hopefully Dodonna will get a similar version as well!

R-3PO has long been on my wishlist, despite the fact that it's easily customized and the Luke/Wampa set is just awesome!  Truly brilliant work with the interlocking set pieces there to re-create one of the more exciting moments in the trilogy.

I just can't wait to see the rest of the announcements on the remaining figures from all these waves.  Some more GREAT stuff is in store, for sure!  Just enjoy the next year and a half everybody, since we might not ever have it this good again!

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2003, 10:03 PM »
Regarding the differences of opinion...

I think it's good to have opposing opinions.  It's healthy for the overall state of the hobby.  Not staying satisfied is how things continue to get better.  It leads to progress.

But, in the same regard, good things should be given their due props.  There are plenty of new items that were shown this weekend in Chicago that looked flat-out awesome!  Like?  The Wampa and Luke.  R-3PO.  The Dignitaries.  Bail Organa.  C-3PO and Escape Pod.  The Outlander Nightclub figures.  And even the Hoth Rebel Trooper.  These all look really nice, and I count myself fortunate for having been able to see them this past weekend in person.

Is there room for improvement?  Sure!  Do different people have varying expectations of what the line should be?  Of course.  But let's also give things their due credit when they meet or exceed expectations.

In this day and age, and with the current high quality of toys in general, we should all have high expectations for the Star Wars toy line.  However, we also need to bear in mind that not everything will be perfect.  Not everything will be precisely as we would make it ourselves.  And if you are ultimately unhappy with any product, simply don't buy it.  the almighty dollar is a powerful little guy.  All those little George's, Abe's, Alex's and Andrew's count quite a bit.  And if you continue to be expressly unhappy and continue to buy products that you argue are inferior, well, the strength of your arguments are diminshed.  But it still remains that opposing opinions are a good thing.

Now...can we all please just get along?   ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2003, 10:39 PM »
Now...can we all please just get along?   ;D

I second that!   8)