Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253775 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2007, 11:59 AM »
Since we are seeing the bantha Rereleased as part of a new battle pack I was wondering what the chances we'll see the Rancor make a return. While my reasons for wanting this are a little selfish (after many many years my Rancor was reasently killed in an incident involving my 3 kids and his attempts to fly, RIP Fluffy!!!) I'm sure that there are some other collectors out there who would love a new Rancor with updated paint apps and a couple fig's included for a new battlepack.

I'd say pretty good since it's already slated to be a TRU Exclusive this year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Yeah I thought I'd heard the Rancor on a list earlier and just can't recall where that was...  It's been mentioned though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline AnakinsHand

• Youngling
  • Where is my hand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2007, 06:52 PM »
The Clonetrooper Evolutions weapons (DC-15a and DC-15s rifle and blaster) are very close to movie accurate, and I see that they are showing up with some of the TAC individually carded figures (ie Galactic Marine), I was wondering if Hasbro can make an accessory pack with large number of these weapons? I would love to arm my clones with these more movie-realistic versions. Is there any way to purchase these from you?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:53 PM by AnakinsHand »

Offline Danbtherockstar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2007, 02:24 PM »
Since we are seeing the bantha Rereleased as part of a new battle pack I was wondering what the chances we'll see the Rancor make a return. While my reasons for wanting this are a little selfish (after many many years my Rancor was reasently killed in an incident involving my 3 kids and his attempts to fly, RIP Fluffy!!!) I'm sure that there are some other collectors out there who would love a new Rancor with updated paint apps and a couple fig's included for a new battlepack.

I'd say pretty good since it's already slated to be a TRU Exclusive this year.

Sweet! I hadn't heard that! good to know. Fluffy will live again!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2007, 02:42 PM »
The Clonetrooper Evolutions weapons (DC-15a and DC-15s rifle and blaster) are very close to movie accurate, and I see that they are showing up with some of the TAC individually carded figures (ie Galactic Marine), I was wondering if Hasbro can make an accessory pack with large number of these weapons? I would love to arm my clones with these more movie-realistic versions. Is there any way to purchase these from you?

Hasbro has answered variations of this question a number of times over the last few months...  Examples:

What are the chances that Hasbro can make some type of accessory pack for clones... (JTA, 01/12/07)

An interesting thought, but lower on our priority list right now...

Has Hasbro considered a weapons pack of rifles and other assorted clone gear to help army builders? (JI, 01/26/07)

We have heard fans, and we are considering this for a future year.

Has Hasbro considered a clone trooper weapons pack with rifles... (RS, 3/02/07)

This is a good comment that we've heard from many different avenues, and we'll look at it.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline AnakinsHand

• Youngling
  • Where is my hand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2007, 02:55 PM »
I probably missed those. Thanks, Jeff!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2007, 10:21 AM »
DS Troopers are commonly known to wear black tunics. Why does the art on the anniversary card depict the seldom seen Grey version?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2007, 11:08 AM »
Will we ever be getting a ROTS Nute Gunray & ROTS Rune Haako figure?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2007, 11:41 PM »
Will we ever be getting a ROTS Nute Gunray & ROTS Rune Haako figure?

To that, they would just give their same 'no Separatist leaders slated for 2007, we will be filling some of the alien slots with other characters' answer that they gave when someone else asked a question like that.

I think we need a Separatist WAVE. Holographic Rune, Holo nute, ROTS Rune, ROTS Nute, Po Nudo, Tikkes, Toonbuck Toora, and some kind of Sun Fac rehash. THAT would be cool!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Is the 30AC Imperial TIE Advanced x1 a white "vintage" repaint, or just a repack of the blue one from last year?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 29, 2007, 12:17 PM »
Is there any chance that we could see a 'rontu' themed battle pack similar to the TRU exclusive with the bantha? You could re-release the POTF2 Rontu, its original rider, a couple of those gorgeous Jawas that are being released in a few weeks, and perhaps some scurriers or womp rats just to throw in at least one new sculpt. And the, you'd be all set! I'd buy it. Please!

Is there any chance you could make the landspeeder that was in the Lars garage in ANH (well, and some brand new Lars sculpts to go with it?)?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:19 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: May 4, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Is there any chance you could make the landspeeder that was in the Lars garage in ANH

The Lars Family Landspeeder question popped up in March-07...

For the SW 30 year Anniversary, any thoughts of making more cut-scene figures like the Biggs, such as Fixer, Cammie or Tank? What about small scale vehicles to go along with these, such as Fixer's or the Lars landspeeder? (JTA, 3/30/07)

There won't be any more cut scene figures in the 30th line, but we are considering these for future (post-30th) possibilities and weighing them against other EU-type concepts we see as important in doing. There is a probably a good chance (it may take a few years though) that all of the characters you mentioned will make it to the shelves. However, it's unlikely that we'll ever do the Lars landspeeder given the complexity and tooling required for vehicles and the relatively unknown status of that one compared with other vehicle possibilities.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 4, 2007, 02:19 PM »
I've heard more than a few responses from Hasbro discussing "other vehicle possibilities" when folks ask about various ships.  Any chance they can give us some more information on what those other possibilities might be? 

This may have been asked already, but would appreciate any answers that I may have missed: What are the chances for more playsets in the near future?  Specifically, any chance of ever having interlocking death star rooms/hallways to build your own playset?  Can you imagine the sales on a "playset module," maybe with a stormtrooper in each pack?!  :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #238 on: May 6, 2007, 07:39 AM »
A few weeks ago, the first wave of 30th AC figures were in every store that I went to.  I bought them up and eagerly awated Wave 2.  Then the pegs in the stores started to fill up again, but with the last two waves of SAGA!  I have all of the Saga figures, as do most collectors.  At this point, the Saga figures are just not selling as fast as the 30th AC figures did, and I'm worried that retailers will again think that "Star Wars does not sell", and start ordering less 30th AC stuff.

It's really sad that here we are in the 30 th Anniversary month and there is no new product 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2007, 10:12 PM »
I think we need a Separatist WAVE. Holographic Rune, Holo nute, ROTS Rune, ROTS Nute, Po Nudo, Tikkes, Toonbuck Toora, and some kind of Sun Fac rehash. THAT would be cool!  8)
Though I'd love that there's no way Hasbro would ever do that. That would be pegwarmer central.

Will we ever see EU versions of the main characters (Han, Luke*, Leia, Lando,Wedge,etc..) from post-ROTJ era? Or will you just stick to movie versions?

Excluding the up-coming Comic Pack Luke of course.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m