Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66074 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2009, 06:06 PM »
I don't quite know what to think of last night's episode. That was all pretty unexpected stuff taking place. :o
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 27, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Yeah, I was really surprised at the end with what happened.  Otherwise it was a pretty funny episode, though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #302 on: April 9, 2009, 01:00 PM »
Two new episodes tonight!

"Dream Team"

After getting off on the wrong foot with his new supervisor, Charles, Jim finds himself face to face with the new boss in a soccer game in the Dunder Mifflin parking lot. Meanwhile, Michael, afraid to face the workday, has trouble leaving his house.

"The Michael Scott Paper Company"

Dwight and Andy strike up an unlikely friendship and plan a hunting trip. Regional Supervisor Charles asks Jim for a "rundown", and Jim spends his day trying to figure out what that is. Michael hosts a Paper & Pancakes luncheon.

"Dream Team" airs at 8/7c, and then they're premiering the new Parks and Recreation at 8:30/7:30c, and then "The Michael Scott Paper Company" airs at the normal time at 9/8c.

"You are murdering the Nard-Dog!"
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 10, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Parks & Recreation sucked.

Speaking of sucking, I am in love with Rashida Jones.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2009, 10:07 PM »
I wasn't blown away by P&R, but I think that its because it was sandwiched by the office, and then 30 Rock.  And those characters have had the time to develop some.  I know I've gone back and rewatched the first episode of some shows I like and the pilot is terrible.  That said, I think they are going to have to make it so the characters are more distinct and give the show its own flavor in order for it to survive.  Otherwise it'll become stale fast, especially since the format is so similar to the office, if they keep it in an adjacent time slot.  It might have felt funnier if it was on Tuesday or something, but I think they were trying to capture the Office's fanbase, we'll see whether they do this, or whether P&R becomes the Coke2 of comedy night done right.
I am not the Stig

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2009, 03:56 AM »
I didn't watch P&R but the Office episodes were full of win this week.  Dwight and Andy doing the musical number for the new receptionist was hysterical.  I was waiting for the dueling banjos tune but they avoided that obvious cliche and went with Dwight singing in German.  Brilliant.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2009, 12:57 AM »
I really think the show has Done the Bartman.  I laughed maybe one time tonight.  I really like Holly and Michael together though.  They really are a good pair

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2009, 01:33 AM »
I really think the show has Done the Bartman.  I laughed maybe one time tonight.  I really like Holly and Michael together though.  They really are a good pair

I'm with you there - I miss Holly.    :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2009, 05:51 PM »
This show has lost a lot of its appeal to me.  It has its funny moments but nothing that kills me with gut laughter like it used to.  Michael has gone from being a likeable idiot to an unlikeable dumb****, Jim doesn't have the comedic impact that he once did, and the side characters seem to be even more minimally important than before.  Dwight is still funny but kind of underutilized.  I don't know...I usually miss it during its normal airtime and as each week goes by I find myself less and less interested in going back and watching the DVR'd episode.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 16, 2009, 12:27 AM »
Yeah, there's only so much they can do I guess.  Last night's episode sucked ass, especially for a season finale.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2009, 10:40 AM »
More Creed is needed. 

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 16, 2009, 12:34 PM »
What about Jim and Pam being preggers?  Not sure how that's gonna work -- I guess it'll give Michael some material to work with for a while......... :-\
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #312 on: May 16, 2009, 07:32 PM »
They really are a good pair

This would have been so hilarious for the out-of-context thread.   :-[
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2009, 09:36 AM »
What about Jim and Pam being preggers?  Not sure how that's gonna work -- I guess it'll give Michael some material to work with for a while......... :-\

My wife and I kind of liked that development, at least for the hopefully avoided notion of having them make up/break up all the time.  When they first got them together, I was worried they would do the typical sitcom route of having them almost get together, then not quite...then they do, and break up (Friends' Ross/Rachel is often used an example).  If they can just make it work with them actually together (which I think worked this season), it would be nice to just seem them stay a couple and follow other stories elsewhere.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2009, 01:33 PM »
I hope they find out it's Roy's baby.
"Really?  Sorry."