Author Topic: Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)  (Read 20695 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
« on: August 27, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Yeah I know...I've been really busy this summer :P

I only ever had two ROTJ figures as a kid.   One was Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit) and the other was Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit).  I bought the first one, my mom for some reason bought me the other one even though I already had one.   I was well on to GI Joe and He Man at the time and Star Wars was pretty much over for me until the Zahn novels came out in the early 90's.

I still have one of my originals...

I sort of cheated on this one too...as the recent Jedi Luke really isn't the most accurate depiction of Jabba Palace Luke, I figure the upcoming Deleted Scene Luke will work just fine for this one.  You throw a cape on from one of the previous releases and you really can't tell the difference

I also considered the Legacy Wave 1 Luke with the head wrap but I passed

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 07:16 PM »
I think the modern Vintage Luke is great!  I only wish he had come with a cape.  I understand that that particular Luke is for the scenes with the Emperor...but I still think it would've been a nice hat tip to Vintage.

Speaking of Vintage Luke Jedi...wasn't their a variant with a blue saber?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 07:40 PM »
Indeed there was.  The blue saber costst more...  There are other variations too, but the blue saber is probably most well known.  Kinda like Yoda's snake variations.

Jedi Luke was great...  A Luke that could hold a pistol, I loved it.  My Bespins were hand-me-downs and I hated the goofy blonde hair on the Bespin Luke figures I got.

I loved my vinty figure though...   I still need to track the saber variation down for a price I find acceptable.

For modern figures, it just varies to me as to what's good or what isn't...  We've gotten so many Jedi Lukes lately...  Sure you cheated on this some Scott, but I think it's a good choice.  I think that new LUke will inevitably see reissue as a JP version...  I honestly wasn't horrified by the previous Jedi Lukes we've gotten though.  I even liked the removable chest plate one others hate.  I liked the innovative nature of the chest piece.  I totally expect variations of the TVC Luke though at some point. 

It's pure awesome for articulation too...  Every pose you could think of is attainable, saber hilt, and so on.  Very cool figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 03:04 AM »
Love the new TVC Luke. I'm bummed I bought every Jedi Luke for 5+ years hoping it would be the perfect one only to end up disappointed. I thought the Sandstorm Luke from 08 was better than the monkey armed Luke we got in 09 Legacy.

Oh, TVC Luke plus the tan vest from the Commtech Greedo equals near perfect Shadows of the Empire Luke.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Hmmm, hadn't thought about a Greedo vest...  Good idea Diddly.  Have to swap out hands though, but still that's something to check out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 12:25 AM »
Vintage Jedi Luke has the brown cloak (a darker one is isssued with 2012 Jedi Origin Luke)
Perhaps after the deleted scene they will update the Jabba Palace Version of Luke.

Like the tvc Jedi Luke, he is in the way of evolving articulation and sculpt. He can stand with his side kick from
Throne room duel.

I donīt know if Hasbro would have included a removable vest with sash and the cloak cape of the outfit.

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 11:30 AM »
That is a great idea, usign Greedo's vest!  Thanks!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 12:18 AM »
Easily my favorite vintage figure. I think it was one of my first too.

I really wish the newest Jedi Luke had come with a cloak, but there are several options one can use. It's good to see Hasbro keeping this figure available as well as they have.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 02:36 AM »
I'll take a pic of the Greedo vest sometime soon... I traded Jeff some BAD parts for a CommTech Greedo hoping I could use the vest on the VOTC Greedo, but it ended up being the Saga Cantina Greedo I needed. I had bought the Luke around the same time and had them on my desk together and put two and two together, heh.

Yeah, not fully accurate (as Jesse pointed out, you have the glove issue, and I think Luke's vest was kind of puffy, similar to the one Marty wears in Back to the Future) but it works for me, and looks really good too. Might have to buy a second Luke to have a permanent SOTE Luke.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 1, 2011, 02:24 AM »
A hand swap is pretty easy...  Bound to be an extra hand available on some figure, somewhere, in everyone's collection. 

I'm maybe going to swap a VTSC Greedo Vest since it's puffier due to the fabric type.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 12:25 AM »
Oh, TVC Luke plus the tan vest from the Commtech Greedo equals near perfect Shadows of the Empire Luke.

Finally got around to taking a picture:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 01:32 PM »
Does look pretty slick.  I'm going to go with the VTSC vest.  I like the fuzz, but I also like that it'll be easier to remove if necessary.  The CT Greedo vest looks good though.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Not only was there a saber colour variant, but there was also one with the snap-on cloak. I like the sewn version more, but have both. Don't know if I have the blue saber version, without checking.

Jedi Luke's a cool figure. Dark clothes, serious expression. Yeah, he was out for his Revenge.... Return. Whatever :)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Looks like it might be time to update this. The TVC Deleted Scene Jedi Luke is now the perfect fit as a counterpart for the Vintage Jedi Luke. The hair sculpt could use a little work, but overall it's the best Jedi Luke we've gotten in the modern line. Can't wait to get a few more of those.

For those asking about the variations for the vintage Jedi Luke, there's a ton...
* Lightsaber color - blue vs green
* Blaster color - tan vs gray
* Cape - sewn vs snap
* Head - painted face vs molded face
* Various COO's
* and I believe mould changes for the saber and blaster

I've been trying to work out what all of the combinations are as this is my favorite figure of all time. Lots of research has already been done on the interwebs, just have to take time to go through it all.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot