Author Topic: Black Series 3.75" Titanium Series Figures  (Read 18593 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series 3.75" Titanium Series Figures
« Reply #30 on: May 1, 2017, 03:03 PM »
I saw a lone Luke Skywalker at Toys R Us.

None of my local Walmarts have gotten them in yet.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 3, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Pretty sure I saw a few in the trash...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 3, 2017, 12:08 PM »
These actually make the 25th Anniversary 2-packs look really good, pre-posed as they are.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 3, 2017, 04:41 PM »
Someone on Reddit bought one or two of these and gave them a recommendation... for the stands. Apparently these come with a few pegs, which fit regular 3.75 inch figures (might have to trim the length of some since they'll stick out too far on some figures), and you can place them in various points on the base. So once these hit clearance they might be worth it for the bases, but otherwise the figures are a waste of money and resources, and are made even worse with the awful paint apps.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 4, 2017, 04:03 PM »
Ordered a set of these from Toys R Us.com using the Friends and Family 15% discount that was in effect last week. Got them in today.

Not great, but not horrible either. I don't regret adding them to my collection.

The display bases are nice and if these ever hit clearance around here, I'll probably grab a few just for the bases.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 4, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Pete - if you open these and get a chance can you take a picture of some of the bases?  I'm interested in they can connect in any way, and if there are any differences between the different figure bases, and if the backdrops are removeable/interchangeable.

I may have to grab some of these for the bases if they get deeply discounted.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 4, 2017, 08:01 PM »
I've picked up both Vader and Leia. Are they great? No. Do I wish Hasbro would have invested time and money into another line? Yes.

That being said, I like these two. I may end up with the rest.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 5, 2017, 12:20 AM »
Pete - if you open these and get a chance can you take a picture of some of the bases?  I'm interested in they can connect in any way, and if there are any differences between the different figure bases, and if the backdrops are removeable/interchangeable.

I may have to grab some of these for the bases if they get deeply discounted.

The parts of the stands that the figures stand on are only connectable with their backdrops - you can't get rid of the backdrop piece and just connect the bases.

The backdrops could theoretically have the cardboard inserts they come with removed and replaced, not sure how good that will look though. You'd need to put the backdrop on a stiff material so there's no rippling of the backdrop, so maybe using double-sided tape to adhere your "replacement" backdrop onto the cardboard one provided might be the way to go.

There are no differences in the figure bases in fact the pegs/peg-hole feature is not really a feature, it's more of Hasbro's way of saving money. I didn't really enjoy the puzzle-like nature of trying to figure out which peg-hole combination fit the stance of the metal figure I was setting up and I'm definitely not happy with the two holes that seemed to match my Han Solo the best.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2017, 11:33 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 5, 2017, 06:42 AM »
I agree with Pete on the stands. I had to force Leia to fit into two peg holes and Vader I just gave up on. He is only using one peg hole.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2017, 12:20 PM »
I finally saw these in a store (Target).  Wow do these suck.  The ones I saw didn't have great paint apps and left me with an even stronger WTF? feeling. 

The packaging wasn't great as you couldn't really see the bases or backdrops, and the figures were really encased in a thick bunch of plastic on the sides.

I'm still interested in seeing one in person loose and maybe getting these for the stands, but it would have to be on a super steep discount (70%).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 12:31 PM »
Yeah these are popping up EVERYWHERE all of a sudden. Too bad it's not the 6 inch 40AC figures instead
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 12:45 PM »
GameStop has marked these down to about $13 each AND they have a BOGO 50% off deal for them.  And I'm still not buying these.

Maybe if they turn up at 5 Below I would get them for the bases.  But the figures really don't interest me.  And that goes for wave 2 also, which was just revealed by FlyGuy in the past couple of days.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:45 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: September 7, 2017, 11:01 AM »
Hasbro PR info for Wave 2 (in case you haven't seen them out in the wild yet) -

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 3.75-INCH TITANIUM SERIES Figure Assortment
(Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $14.99/Available: Fall 2017)
Bring home the adventure from STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS with 3.75-INCH TITANIUM SERIES figures featuring movie-real design and extensive articulation. Comes with iconic battle accessories inspired by the movie, as well as a display base and double-sided backdrop to recreate your favorite unforgettable moments. Characters include REY, FINN, KYLO REN, and CAPTAIN PHASMA. Each figure sold separately. Available at most major retailers and on HasbroToyShop.com.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: September 7, 2017, 02:19 PM »
I cannot stand these things.  They look bad to me in every way.  But, they sold well as they began popping up and FF seemed to sell quite a few of them too.  Don't know who but somebody bought a lot locally at all stores.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 7, 2017, 03:15 PM »
I cannot stand these things.  They look bad to me in every way.  But, they sold well as they began popping up and FF seemed to sell quite a few of them too.  Don't know who but somebody bought a lot locally at all stores.

The completist in me picks up one each of these just so my MIB/MIP Black Series 3.75" collection is "complete". Lame reason, I know, I blame my OCD.
Peter