Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion  (Read 35323 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse / Pulse Premium Discussion
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2022, 11:41 AM »
It would be nice to be able to see what’s in the order on the order page.  It’s easy enough with the price tag on the Crest to find it, but opening up a whole bunch of nearly identical $14.xx or $28.xx orders to find the one I’m looking for is tediously designed.

I think Hasbro might actually be listening.  There's now a feature where you can filter your orders between Fulfilled, Unfulfilled and Partial.

Hooray!

Edit: I was looking through an unfulfilled order on the 2nd page and when I went out of the order, I was still on the 2nd page!  Glad they fix that, too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 11:49 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2022, 11:57 AM »
Glad to see those new filtering options.  It would also be good if there was an archive feature, along with the ability to filter out canceled orders.  Those still populate in the UNFULFILLED filter.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2022, 08:10 PM »
Something insane just happened.

Mythrol and Kuiil just got here, shipped from Pulse, in the same box.

I'm flabbergasted.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2022, 01:03 PM »

I'm flabbergasted.

I don't understand what you're saying.  They can't fit both figures into one box and mail them at the same time.  Was this maybe a dream or something you saw in a movie?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2022, 01:29 PM »

I'm flabbergasted.

This cannot be correct.  Check again.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2022, 03:34 PM »

This cannot be correct.  Check again.

You were right Matt.  Turns out the two figures were actually in three boxes.  My mistake!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #201 on: February 8, 2022, 04:33 PM »
So i noticed todaywhen trying to get the latest preorders in, that Pulse has changed their free shipping model for non premium members. It used to be that an order of $50 or more would get you free shipping,  but thats no longer the case. I ordered two TVC Dins and one TBS Darktrooper for a subtotal of $64 and i was charged $6.99 for shipping.

Not too long later i made an order at Amazon but for 5 Dins & a Darktrooped and got me free shipping without Prime. Plus Din was $1 cheaper per figure.

Now that Pulse has limits on purchases, its hard for me to reach whatever their new free shipping threshold will be. Considering,  they are often way behind other retailers at delivering items, the change is going to see me ordering from them far less I think...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: February 8, 2022, 05:37 PM »
Yeah you either pay one way or you pay another way… due to them selling out, I’d seen no reason to pay for premium at that time.  Now?  Eh, it’s become a definite gamble to buy into the program.  Will I make 8-ish purchases a year from them?  I’m just not sure.

The irony of the situation is, had they left things as they were, I was totally ready to just chuck a rft pack in for the free shipping and be done with a pulse order for extras.  Now?  Ehhhhh

The flat shipping fee is not bad but a deterrent if there are options.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #203 on: February 8, 2022, 06:28 PM »
I am not a Pulse Premium member, but that might change this year with the 3.75" Retro O-Ring GI Joe line being a Hasbro Pulse exclusive line.  Since I'm not going to want to constantly shell out an extra $7 shipping every time they list a new Joe O-ring figure 2-pack for pre-order, I'll probably just bite the bullet on the premium membership and hope that the costs work out.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 8, 2022, 09:50 PM »
Yeah I don’t know if I could make 8 or more orders over whatever the threshold is (I can’t find it listed on their site) to justify the $50 Premium membership. Not when I can get almost everything at Amazon, Target, or Walmart with free shipping and often for less (did I mention Target has the Darktrooper for $2.50 less than Pulse and Amazon?).

Jeff - so the o-ring retro Joes are all exclusive to Pulse? If I had confidence that they would make a deep lineup with consistent releases that could compel me on the membership. But I don’t see Hasbro having the attention span once they get past the handful of characters they always dole out and then repaint ad nauseum.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 8, 2022, 10:19 PM »
I've got the membership and buy pretty much everything on Pulse.  I'm pretty patient and don't care if I'm the last to get things.  They're pretty reliable and my stuff comes minty-fresh.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 9, 2022, 10:54 AM »
I've got the membership and buy pretty much everything on Pulse.  I'm pretty patient and don't care if I'm the last to get things.  They're pretty reliable and my stuff comes minty-fresh.

How much was the membership, $50?  I had it for the first year, but haven't renewed and don't think I will.  When I'm forced to order from them, it's $5-10, but most of the product is available elsewhere with free shipping and sometimes at a lower cost.  I initially ordered two Dark Troopers and two Din from Pulse yesterday and probably would have just kept it if the shipping were free.  Then I found everything on Amazon and Target at lower prices with free shipping, so cancelled my Pulse orders. 

I think they're shooting themselves in the foot with all the cash grabs.  Significant increases in figure costs, no more free shipping, expensive membership fees, year out preorders...they're going to price/stress some people out of buying and then wonder why sales aren't meeting expectations.  I have a bad feeling about this.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2022, 01:33 PM »
So it looks like free shipping for non members is no more at Pulse. Just ordered the throne room and two TBS figures and there was a $6.99 shipping charge ($10.99 for “expedited” shipping). For most items, like JMan just said and I mentioned previously, when most items can be found elsewhere, for less price and free shipping, Pulse is going to be a tertiary option at best for most orders going forward.

JMan - did you find Tank Driver Din on Target? I can’t locate a listing there for him. Thanks!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2022, 01:54 PM »
So it looks like free shipping for non members is no more at Pulse. Just ordered the throne room and two TBS figures and there was a $6.99 shipping charge ($10.99 for “expedited” shipping). For most items, like JMan just said and I mentioned previously, when most items can be found elsewhere, for less price and free shipping, Pulse is going to be a tertiary option at best for most orders going forward.

JMan - did you find Tank Driver Din on Target? I can’t locate a listing there for him. Thanks!

Nope, just the Dark Troopers.  I went with EE for the Tank Driver and ordered the case which comes with two of them.  They have a $15 off coupon 2103212 and free shipping, so it knocks the price of the figures down below $13 each.  I just did that for the Yoda and 501st case as well.  I figure it's cheaper, they'll probably arrive in better condition, and I don't have to manage multiple orders for the 5-6 figures in each case.  Yakface has a link to the case on their main page if you want to go that route.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2022, 04:33 PM »
I'll probably just bite the bullet on the premium membership and hope that the costs work out.

I did end up buying a Pulse Premium membership today (what's another $50 on top of $490 for two Throne Room playsets?  ::)). 

I'm going to keep track to see if it's worth it this year and then let that determine what I do for renewal next year.  Hopefully it's worth it between the GI Joes and other potential Hasbro Pulse exclusives.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender