Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59721 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Project
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 11:26 PM »
My money's on the Razor Crest.  Just seems like the logical choice.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2020, 09:29 AM »
I seem to be in the minority here, but I would much rather get a complete vehicle than a playset. Probably because I don't do diorama like displays.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2020, 01:59 AM »
I’m not on board on just anything they do but there are a lot of things I would enjoy I’m sure.  I do know I wouldn’t be digging some midget Tantive IV or something.  Even the barge is only a thing I wanted since it’s kind of just a display backdrop for figures.  My scale snobbery prevents me being totally happy with it tho. 😕

I probably am more into boring stuff then like shelf displays.  I’d totally love seeing a to scale YWing or something like that, though I’m sure that’s not it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2020, 10:45 AM »
A Tantive would (obviously) be under-scaled no matter what.  But it would either have to be so hideously under-scaled as to be silly, or it would have to be barge-sized or bigger, and then no one has space for it.  I kind of hope they never try that one, or if they do they make it more of a play set than a proper vehicle.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 12:47 PM »
If I remember correctly, a "1:1" scale Blockade Runner would be 32 feet long, or as long as the Darth Hauler's trailer.  :-*

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 02:33 PM »
Michael Fright... I really liked the Sandcrawler he made.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2020, 04:53 PM »
Yes.  True 1:1.  😑
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2020, 05:02 PM »
A Tantive would (obviously) be under-scaled no matter what.  But it would either have to be so hideously under-scaled as to be silly, or it would have to be barge-sized or bigger, and then no one has space for it.  I kind of hope they never try that one, or if they do they make it more of a play set than a proper vehicle.

Oddly enough I never think of the Tantive being more than an ANH item. Having one would serve as a background resistance set for a ROS diorama. we would just need them to make 30 figures for that diorama...  ::)
Macklunkey!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2020, 05:04 PM »
It works for Rogue One too. :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2020, 05:47 PM »

If they go the Rogue One route, we would need Admiral Raddus' command ship as well.  :D

I still think the best possibilities for this HASLAB project are a proper Razor Crest or the Ghost.  I'm leaning towards the Razor Crest because we already have figures for it and the popularity of The Mandalorian series right now.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2020, 10:44 AM »
...and Rise of Skywalker.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2020, 03:43 PM »
I would go for a 40"-45" Tantive IV. But it would need a lot of play features to entice me. (I buy toys, not models). Cool things would be: ejectable escape pods; lights and sounds; sliding corridor doors; command center; missiles; and certainly a magnetic overhead and rebel trooper  ;D.

My money's on the RazorCrest being the next HasLab project, but I got to wondering if Hasbro will dip into the Jabba theme one more time. Maybe a larger erectable playset of his *palace* on one side and the dune sea and sarlaac on the other.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2020, 07:35 AM »
I'm hoping for the Blockade Runner, too.  It's just such a stalwart of the Rebel fleet in the OT in both ANH and ROTJ.  Add in the appearances in Revenge of the Sith (a CR 70 instead of a CR 90, granted) , Rogue One and now The Rise of Skywalker, too.  It seems like a home run to me, and might have even more broad appeal than the Sail Barge.  If it was sized similarly to the Sail Barge it could still have a lot of play value and make for some amazing displays.  Add in the fact that Kenner mocked up a prototype back in the day, and it seems like one of those things that has been just out of reach for so long.  Haslab might be the way to bring a Blockade Runner to fruition.

Another unrelated item?  Patrick from Hasbro said that they wanted to give people time to save their money up for the upcoming Haslab campaign.  Are they going to go bigger?  I know people have theorized about a Death Star playset.  There's been a prototype image circulating for years of a Death Star mockup that was reportedly taken at Hasbro.  And it was set up like a sphere with several levels.  There's another interesting thing that leads me to think that a Death Star playset could be a possibility.  Galactic Trading Post reportedly got officially licensed to produce Star Wars product.  But since I saw that announcement they've kind of gone silent.  It leaves me thinking that something could be in the works on that front.

As for the people wanting this to be the Razor Crest?  I just don't see Haslab as the way to bring that ship to market.  I think it could be a mainline release with a similar price point to the TVC Slave One, and sized like the Republic Gunship.  It's not a huge ship, and it seems like it would have some mass appeal given the overly positive reception that The Mandalorian has received.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 07:38 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2020, 12:46 PM »
I'm all for the blockade runner being a Haslab project.  To me it makes perfect sense.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2020, 04:13 PM »
If they do a Blockade Runner, I hope to God it’s not as big as the Barge.