Author Topic: 2020 Droid Depot Droid 5-Pack  (Read 5483 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Depot Droids - 5 Pack
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 03:25 PM »
Just got the BR72 and I love it. Glad to have been ripped off for it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2020, 10:51 AM »
My shipment from Orlando with this set arrived yesterday and it is a really great set. It's amazing how the Disney Droid Factory team continues to hit it out of the park, yet Hasbro can't get their act together. Had no idea that the GNK droid was going to be a completely new sculpt, thought it was just a different colored version of the Droid Factory GNK we've gotten twice already, pleasantly pleased to see that it was all new. So basically you get three all new sculpts with a new color deco on the R4 and R5 build-a-droid sculpt - definitely a great set.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 8, 2021, 02:08 PM »
Some friends went to Disney the other day and picked this and CB-23 up for me. 

I really got it for the B-R72 droid but I'm surprised how much I'm digging this whole 5-pack.  Maybe its the weathering and the paint wash they've put on the droids, but they look cool - especially the L4 and C2 units.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 8, 2021, 03:37 PM »
Some friends went to Disney the other day and picked this and CB-23 up for me.  ... I'm digging this whole 5-pack. 

I'd love to get the set as well, but man, those ebay prices are ridiculous.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 8, 2021, 04:09 PM »

Aren't they though.  I felt bad asking my friends to grab me a set, but when I looked at the eBay prices I didn't feel quite as bad. 

My guess is once Disneyland opens back up we'll see more of these pop up online at more reasonable prices. 

Its also good to see that they recently made other park only exclusives (color changing droids, etc.) available through their Shop Disney app.  Hopefully they keep this going where even if you can't get to the park or don't track stuff down on eBay you can eventually buy it without too much trouble after a year or two.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 10:49 PM »
I have a guy on FB that gets me anything Disney for a 20% markup.  He goes there all the time and can get pretty much anything.  IM if you want his contact info.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2021, 03:50 PM »

My guess is once Disneyland opens back up we'll see more of these pop up online at more reasonable prices. 

Right?! There's got to be plenty waiting to hit the shelves.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2021, 01:47 PM »
Prices for this set seem to have stabilized on eBay.  You can get them for around $70 shipped. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2021, 01:35 PM »
Prices for this set seem to have stabilized on eBay.  You can get them for around $70 shipped.

I was just at Disney World last month and there were dozens of these available.  Can't imagine the prices will be too much above retail until they're gone from the stores.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2021, 01:52 PM »
My goal is still to pick up a set in October when we go to Disneyland.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 3, 2021, 03:47 PM »
I ordered this set from an eBay seller.  Looking forward to getting it tomorrow!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2021, 01:53 PM »
I only now took notice of the name and paint deco. The heavy loader droid isn't the same one in the movies. Nice set. Love the grimy look of the droids.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 12:33 PM »
I pulled the trigger and bought this set from EBay. I get the DL so infrequently, it's the safe move.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2021, 04:23 PM »
These are gone from ebay... and parks too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 6, 2021, 05:29 PM »
These are gone from ebay... and parks too.

There were a lot of things "not in stock" - like over at Doc Ondar's they had plenty of Jedi Holocrons, but no Sith ones.

We are currently planning on going back in October, so I'm hoping that they will have the Sith Holocron back in stock by then.

I could have sworn I saw the droid 5-pack when I was there, but since I already had it, it didn't really register. It might have been the color-change droids. I know over in Disney Springs at the Star Wars Outpost (the one over by the Once Upon a Toy store) they had the color change droid 4-packs along with the Droid Factory set. So, if the 5-packs are out-of-stock at the moment, it probably is only temporary and pending restock of the Galaxy's Edge stores.

Since those 5 figures are based on 5 actual "droids" that move and talk outside of the Droid Depot, I think that will be an item they keep in rotation for a while.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!