Author Topic: 2021 Target TVC Blue Leader's X-Wing with General Merrick  (Read 13118 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Blue Leader's X-Wing with General Merrick
« Reply #45 on: September 8, 2021, 11:44 AM »
According to Patrick, I guess it's in-store only.  ::)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #46 on: September 8, 2021, 11:48 AM »
Scalpers will be sending thank you cards to Hasbro.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 8, 2021, 11:55 AM »
Pretty cool to see Chopper in the packaging art.  I wonder which release that is?

But what's in that packaging photo might show a lack of depth of fan knowledge with the current Hasbro Star Wars team.  R4-G9?  Really?  They couldn't put a more accurate droid in that photo?  Or a Rebel ground crew figure?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: September 8, 2021, 05:45 PM »

I would not be surprised if limited stock gets posted as a "surprise" during Target's Fall Geek Out event. Star Wars will have "reveals" on Friday 9/24.  Might be worth checking in that day.  Same goes for the Black Series 6" Arvala-7 Mud Deco Mando/Grogu 2-pack.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #49 on: September 9, 2021, 11:17 AM »

I would not be surprised if limited stock gets posted as a "surprise" during Target's Fall Geek Out event. Star Wars will have "reveals" on Friday 9/24.  Might be worth checking in that day.  Same goes for the Black Series 6" Arvala-7 Mud Deco Mando/Grogu 2-pack.

That's what I'm hoping too.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 9, 2021, 12:12 PM »

This is where I would love to have a LIKE button in the forum.  Thanks for sharing that information Jeff!

Thinking about this particular vehicle, I've got to wonder something.  And this is probably the result of WAY too much time reading posts in The Vintage Collection Facebook group.  Is it possible that some people could wind up buying as many as 3 of these to check some boxes in their own collections?

-1 to open
-1 to take out the General Merrick figure for display as a carded figure
-1 to keep completely sealed

Just writing that down I can see all sorts of collecting OCD spilling out.  I will personally be content with one of these X-wings.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 9, 2021, 12:29 PM »
Same Nick.  I just want one for my Rebel Hangar diorama and I have the sinking feeling its going to be nigh impossible to get one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 9, 2021, 12:35 PM »
Same Nick.  I just want one for my Rebel Hangar diorama and I have the sinking feeling its going to be nigh impossible to get one.

I get where you're coming from, Matt.  A lot of people seem discouraged about this, but I think that with smartphones we're going to be able to get this vehicle.

1 - At $104.99 it isn't going to be flying off the shelves
2 - While Brickseek has failed to be a useful tool in tracking down Star Wars product at Target, the Target app IS good at doing that.  Once we have the product listing information you can search via the Target app to find these in your area.  And I think you might be able to secure it for in store pickup.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 9, 2021, 12:43 PM »
Online shopping and the app didn't help me get the latest BMF Falcon.

My hope for that one is that my company is expanding to the Florida Space coast and my wife really wants us to move.  She's tried to sweeten the deal with Disney annual passes and buying a boat.

I had to remind her that I don't need her to cosign on the boat payments.   :D

I know you're trying to keep me positive Nick, and I really appreciate it, but I'm mired in the we're 20 minutes from pre-order time and I usually stress the **** out!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 9, 2021, 05:11 PM »
Thinking about this particular vehicle, I've got to wonder something.  And this is probably the result of WAY too much time reading posts in The Vintage Collection Facebook group.  Is it possible that some people could wind up buying as many as 3 of these to check some boxes in their own collections?

-1 to open

Just writing that down I can see all sorts of collecting OCD spilling out.  I will personally be content with one of these X-wings.

This was my plan - to get three for those exact three reasons.

If they were releasing him in a wave and I would be able to get him separately, this would NOT be an issue. By getting three, I'm already taking a hit on the numbers of any single TVC figure I collect. (I get minimally two of every figure to open). So I will be okay with the idea that there is a MOC one sight-unseen in the un-opened X-Wing box, one that I will keep MOC from one opened X-Wing and then a third that I will open to put in the cockpit of the fighter. I don't what I'll do with the spare X-Wing, may hang it from the ceiling in my basement or I may offer it up for $30 - $40, I'm sure there's someone who will find that price (even without the figure) a good deal.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 9, 2021, 05:40 PM »

-1 to open

This was my plan - to get three for those exact three reasons.

If they were releasing him in a wave and I would be able to get him separately, this would NOT be an issue. By getting three, I'm already taking a hit on the numbers of any single TVC figure I collect. (I get minimally two of every figure to open). So I will be okay with the idea that there is a MOC one sight-unseen in the un-opened X-Wing box, one that I will keep MOC from one opened X-Wing and then a third that I will open to put in the cockpit of the fighter. I don't what I'll do with the spare X-Wing, may hang it from the ceiling in my basement or I may offer it up for $30 - $40, I'm sure there's someone who will find that price (even without the figure) a good deal.

Devils Advocate here...if the only option to get this is as shelf stock and not shipped from the warehouse, you can never be sure that the figure wasn't removed and the box returned to the store without opening it up.

Pilfered packages are gonna be a real issue I expect, as the loose carded Merricks wind up going for big bucks on ebay.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 9, 2021, 05:42 PM »
My plan is to buy it and then open it in front of the cashier.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 9, 2021, 05:43 PM »
Devils Advocate here...if the only option to get this is as shelf stock and not shipped from the warehouse, you can never be sure that the figure wasn't removed and the box returned to the store without opening it up.

Pilfered packages are gonna be a real issue I expect, as the loose carded Merricks wind up going for big bucks on ebay.

yep, this is a big reason why I'm disappointed I won't be able to order these off the website and have it shipped directly to me
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2021, 10:24 AM »
Well, this is a no-brainer from a marketing perspective.  It was just a matter of time before they figured out that the collecting community would shell out big bucks for carded figures hidden inside of something much more expensive.  At $105, you'd have to sell 7x TVC carded Merrick's to equal one X-Wing sale.  As several people here stated, no one needs another X-Wing, so they're tying in more shelf presence, a big ticket item for the holidays, and more overall profit for the brand. Offering this in any other form or separately at a later date just dilutes sales of other future releases. 

I'll buy one for a Merrick, but I'll definitely watch for repacks and wait for a sale.  I wish they would go back to those little transparent windows on the box so you could see the figure inside.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2021, 02:55 PM »
Maybe it's just me...I don't care about the TVC card, but I do like having the pilot packed with the vehicle.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram