Author Topic: 2021 Hasbro Pulse Con Thread  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2021 Hasbro Pulse Con Thread
« on: October 18, 2021, 02:01 PM »
Starting up a thread, will pull in some info from other threads...

Star Wars Convention Exclusives: Available to all fans @ 5:00PM ET on October 22, 2021, while supplies last. Limit of 1 per customer.

Star Wars Details for 2021 Hasbro Pulse Con:

Oct 22, 2021 AT 1.10 PM ET

Hasbro Panel Star Wars™ Offerings
Join members of the Hasbro Marketing & Design teams as they discuss the popular Star Wars line by Hasbro, including the Black Series and The Vintage Collection. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure and premium roleplay offerings from throughout the saga. Word on the Holonet is there may also be a few surprises. May the Force be with you!

Panelists:
Vickie, Design
Patrick, Marketing
Chris, Design
Jing, Marketing
Emily, Design
Eric, Design
Miles, Engineering

Oct 22, 2021 AT 2.10 PM ET

Hasbro Star Wars™ HasLab Panel
In 2018 we launched HasLab with a dream: make the biggest Vintage Collection vehicle that Hasbro has ever made, the ones fans had been requesting for years, Jabba’s Sail Barge, the Khetanna high end collectible. We followed this up in 2020 with the biggest Star Wars HasLab ever by Hasbro: The Razor Crest starship. Join members of the Hasbro Marketing & Design teams as they launch the next Star Wars HasLab dream project – the Black Series Rancor high end figure.

Panelists:

Patrick, Marketing
Chris, Design
Jing, Marketing
Eric, Design

Star Wars Convention Exclusives: Available to all fans @ 5:00PM ET on October 22, 2021, while supplies last. Limit of 1 per customer.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Hasbro Pulse Con Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 03:46 PM »
Is this correct? Available at 5 eastern today:

3 Con exclusives
4 tvc repack photo real figs
Target BS Mando, Grogu, Spider
BS Cobb Vanth
Tvc Nevarro playset
Tvc rebel fleet troop builder

All the rest was future pre order?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 04:19 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 04:14 PM »
Is this correct? Available at 5 eastern today:

3 Con exclusives
4 tvc repack photo real figs
Target BS Mando, Grogu, Spider
BS Cobb Can't
Tvc Nevarro player
Tvc rebel fleet troop builder

All the rest was future pre order?

That’s what I have in my notes
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 04:48 PM »
I'm trying to make sense of it all myself.  I'm going to try placing orders with 3 different devices.  I'm the most concerned about the 3 convention exclusives.  After that?  The Target Black Series Mando & Grogu Maldo Kreis buildup pack (I got shut out on the Arvala 7 one).

The TVC repacks look good.  And I've actually been keeping some of those carded.  I'm on the fence about them though.
Cobb Vanth looks really cool - definite order
The Nevarro playset is a no-brainer.  I'm buying 2.
And the Rebel Fleet Trooper troop builder set?  Two of these at least.

I guess the following will all be offered at a later date:
TVC Mandalorian & Grogu (Maldo Kreis) - WALMART EXCLUSIVE
TBS Boba Fett (Nomad)
TBS Migs Mayfeld (Imperial Transport Driver Disguise)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 04:52 PM »
So no links to the Target 6” exclusive? I looked all over but came up empty…
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 05:09 PM »
Managed to get the Con Exclusives.  I had individual windows open for each of the three exclusives.  When the Black Series Cantina went live it said sold out, and I nearly freaked out!  But I refreshed the window and then it was in stock.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 05:11 PM »
I found Cobb Vanth, Nevarro Cantina, and Rebel Fleet Troopers for pre-order on HasbroPulse too.  Haven't found them elsewhere yet and assume they're not exclusive.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 05:15 PM »
The Rebel Fleet Troopers are only supposed to be available on Hasbro Pulse and Shop Disney.  I got the Troopers and the Nevarro Cantina on Hasbro Pulse.

Cobb Vanth is on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09417T9NL?ref=exp_yak_face_dp_vv_d

The reissue wave is available there, too.

The TBS Mandalorian buildup pack isn't showing up.  I think I need to re-watch that part of the panel to nail down the details.

EDIT - Jayson comes through with the links!  Star Wars The Black Series The Mandalorian & Grogu (Maldo Kreis)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 05:19 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 08:02 PM »
Thanks for the Amazon link, Nick! In the time I was pondering whether Cobb was a fan channel exclusive or what, he sold out on Pulse, so I pounced on this Amazon option. Free shipping too.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2021, 08:21 PM »
Glad I could help.  I’ve got to wonder where Amazon lies in the pecking order of online fulfillment - who gets their orders first?

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2021, 08:50 PM »
This was cool enough to throw in my cart on HP (or at least I thought I did). I figured I would cancel if the 'shiny and new' syndrome wore off before the figure shipped. But it was gone when I went to check out.

I couldn't find it earlier on Amazon, so, yes, thanks for the link.

Hope this doesn't lead me to a dark path. (I don't collect TBS.)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 11:53 PM »
I was a little underwhelmed with the reveals today… 4 more unwanted photorealistic re-do’s…  another way to do a Din Djarin figure.

The Playset is nice, but the pack-in is boring. 

The Fleet Troopers are great, and it was nice to see Hasbro realize that a few unique head sculpts makes army building troopers without helmets much more interesting.  I hope they dust off all kinds of troops and so this… Endor soldiers, sled techs, Hoth… the sky is the limit.

The most unique new stuff was Black Series.  Mayfeld, Vanth, Fett… that was the best stuff they showed. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 12:06 AM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 11:55 PM »
I managed to get the Emperor through the app while on the road today.  The rest of the TVC items I was able to get wither through the app or EE after catching up on this thread.  Thanks for the info everyone!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2021, 08:27 PM »
I was a little underwhelmed with the reveals today… 4 more unwanted photorealistic re-do’s…  another way to do a Din Djarin figure.

The Playset is nice, but the pack-in is boring. 

The Fleet Troopers are great, and it was nice to see Hasbro realize that a few unique head sculpts makes army building troopers without helmets much more interesting.  I hope they dust off all kinds of troops and so this… Endor soldiers, sled techs, Hoth… the sky is the limit.

The most unique new stuff was Black Series.  Mayfeld, Vanth, Fett… that was the best stuff they showed.

I kind of felt the same way. I really like what they showed, but wasn’t necessarily wowed by the TVC offerings. I understand the need to rotate figures out there again, and I am genuinely glad they do that. Plus, the face updates really make big improvements the majority of the time. It would be nice if they balanced the reveals with a little more newness. The play set/backdrop is cool though. I know we will probably see the characters revealed in BS eventually, it is too bad there is always a wait.

That said, I thought the Black Series reveals were great. Just enough newness, and a nice focus on Mando stuff. I would have taken an OT reveal or two, but I’m very excited for Boba and Cobb Vanth.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:36 PM by Brian »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2021, 04:49 PM »
I've been swapping out figures with the face update (or in some rare cases, buying them for the first time) and giving my son the original releases, so I'm ok with the updates for the most part. I feel like it's a good move to have main characters available for collectors just starting though, so I'm cool with this. Plus, the face apps on that older Ahsoka were the weakest part of her, so I'm happy with that update.

The RFT pack is excellent. I feel like TVC had the better showing back in September's Livestream, and this time Black Series had more to show.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram