Author Topic: 3rd Party Kenner Retro-Style Toys  (Read 8506 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Party Kenner Retro-Style Toys
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2023, 04:02 PM »
Well the last update was that they switched factories and are improving the tooling and springs and blah blah blah.

I'm not holding my breath anymore.  I won't preorder anything with them... especially since I was able to just order the Thrawn on Etsy a few weeks ago for $48.

In other news, and I'm not on Facebook so maybe everyone already knows this, but I emailed Mark Poon to ask if he was ever going to do other four unreleased Ewoks and not only is he doing them, but Morag and Chief Chirpa are already  under way, and Chiruhr and Bondo are getting done later this year:

I've had this image saved for a decade or more and reproductions or not, it's amazing to think I can have them in the collection after all this time.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 04:03 PM by Rob »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2023, 09:27 PM »

I have observed enough of the behavior from both Stan Solo and FSB to keep far away from their products. Instead, when I have an itch to buy a custom figure (instead of making my own), a couple guys on IG - hasnotalent and plastic vomit customs - is where I have gone. Above is PVC’s custom Uzay Head Man and Blue Stars with hasnotalent’s Chrome McQuarrie Stormtrooper (you can see some of his other figures in the back). They are all 3D printed with a lot of attention to detail and high quality paint apps. In the case of the custom Uzays they are designed so you can tell they’re not originals which is a big plus. Definitely worth checking these guys out.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2023, 07:10 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134508778159

Looks like these went quick.  Saw a post on FB last night about them and they are already gone.  I'm glad I snagged a couple before going to bed instead of waiting for the morning.  The post did say these would also show up on Stan Solo's UK site.

Additionally, the Bespin Luke is coming soon.  They have their first shot prototype in hand so expect that one to show up in the not too distant future.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2023, 09:35 AM »
I saw a post on Rebelscum about the baby banthas but thought it was a joke.

I don’t get it.  For $39 I might buy one buy why a baby Bantha?  Seems like a lot of extra work for a $40 item.

I’m ready for Bespin Luke… holiday special Fett… rebel fleet troopers… grey Jawa… but I don’t want to preorder individually from his site and pay international shipping prices on each, so I’m waiting for them to show up in the US.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 10:10 AM by Rob »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2023, 03:08 PM »
The individual preorder thing is kind of a pain.  I can understand not ordering in stock items with preorder items, but multiple preorder items shouldn't be an issue.  I guess it is a matter of stuff coming in at different times.  The shipping isn't cheap from the UK so getting several items individually adds up.  I guess the hard part is not knowing if the items will show up in the US.  I would think they would, but I could see at least the RFT selling out since I think it would be pretty popular.

As for the baby Bantha, I think it will fit in nicely with the large version.  $39 isn't a bad price based on the prices of the other figures.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2023, 12:38 PM »
Yeah makes sense.  He probably doesn't want to deal with 200 open orders too and having to cross reference all that and hold it all...

I managed to get a Baby Bantha last night... not sure why, but I decided I didn't want to pass for now, decide I want one later, and find out that it was a really small run.

Meanwhile, second batch of ProCustomFigures stuff just got here.  I bought 6 of the pilots last time I did an order, but the first image and last two pilots in the second got here today:

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2023, 08:02 AM »
Stan Solo has certainly built up the "once they're gone, they're gone" hype so I don't blame you for ordering one.  I preordered the RFT and Holiday Fett from his UK site to be on the safe side.  I think I may try waiting on the US site for when the Degobah Luke is made.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 4, 2023, 10:25 PM »
Stan Solo Holiday Ferptt and the Grey Jawa are available on the US site now.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 5, 2023, 06:52 AM »
Got my shipping notice for the Fett from the UK.  On the fence about the Jawa currently.  Not worried about that one selling out based on the all the vinyl cape jawa freebees that they send out.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 7, 2023, 04:56 PM »
So did anyone else read the latest Fans Strike Back update about the Bantha? It does not get any more surreal and disgusting than this.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: April 7, 2023, 05:27 PM »
Please share - I have no idea where all this retro 3rd party stuff takes place but have grown enthralled by the stuff you guys share in here...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 7, 2023, 05:34 PM »
Please share - I have no idea where all this retro 3rd party stuff takes place but have grown enthralled by the stuff you guys share in here...

Agreed.  If it weren't for you guys I wouldn't know it existed or there was drama.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 7, 2023, 06:13 PM »
After seeing all this cool stuff I caved and bought a baby Bantha.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 7, 2023, 07:25 PM »
After seeing all this cool stuff I caved and bought a baby Bantha.

I am still on the fence. It helps that I didn't get the adult Bantha. But I do have the Baby Wampa, and it is adorable. I could see them being a pair...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 7, 2023, 07:34 PM »
I can't paraphrase the TFSB post, I wouldn't know where to begin. So here it is as posted by them to their FB group...

Quote from: Fans Strike Back

Inquiring minds want to know……”where the hell is my Bantha!!??”

We couldnt agree more, and the time for answers is TODAY! Want to know where your Bantha is? Want to know why it is taking so long? Want to know when you can expect it? We are going to let you know just where you can find answers to those questions and more. But more on that in just a second…

Basically, we don’t have them to send to you. Here is why:

At the end of last summer, we put together a deal with RAVENSTAR STUDIO in Texas, to deliver us Banthas by OCTOBER 14th. (a date selected based on information from and agreed to by THAT company) It was only with this agreement in place ahead of time that we authorized production to start and paid the factory. After the agreement we made our announcement on the site in September. When asked if they would be here by Christmas, we felt good saying yes based on that OCTOBER 14th agreed upon date. Even with a possible extra 2 month or so delay, Christmas still would have been possible. (As you can see those and subsequent dates were all missed)

Leading up to October we began to become very concerned as we did not receive the samples, as they also promised we would receive. Naturally our questions, queries, and contact with the factory increased. Yet we were always met with requests for more time, excuses, delays, excuses ABOUT delays, or untimely responses.

This is now about accountability, and we are at the next step in the process of holding the proper party accountable. So we are going to put YOU in contact with the factory! They think making constant excuses, dodging and ignoring us is going to hold all of you off. Or perhaps they think you all will just go away. But we know this community, and that wont happen. It is time to make THEM known of that. Accountability. This was a community funded project, and it’s time the community gets answers!

So, want to know where your Bantha is? Here is exactly who to ask:

Redacted on repost, not really relevant to the situation

Here are some question suggestions for what you might want to ask:
-where the Bantha that you paid for long ago is
-why they feel no responsibility in timely fulfilling your order
-why they see no problem making you wait by making excuses and ignoring inquires
-why they missed production dates they helped set and agreed to
-when can you finally expect yours
-how they are going to compensate you for extended or further delays

We are very excited to hear what they tell you, because we want answers too. We sincerely hope they start shipping Banthas as soon as possible so that we can quickly get them out to everyone. But, we cant send Banthas when there are none in our possession to send. We literally AND figuratively have Bantha boxes and Bantha accessories lined up and ready to be sent. We just need Banthas from the factory.

*(Quick, but important reminder, again, that we do not make toys and are always at the mercy of factories like these. Our business is a 3rd party facilitator between the customer and the factory, and this is why we clearly state we can only relay what they tell/give us as far as information and products. Our job is to advocate on behalf of the consumer, and that is exactly what we are doing)*

In related news, we are retiring the Bantha replacement program for two large reasons. One, due to very low interest. We understand why…people want their Banthas, not product replacement! Two, this is also VERY important to what is going on currently with this situation. If that program remained open, it would only further encourage that factory to delay, stall, and further inaction by re-directing people to that resolution instead of making Banthas. So we aren’t going to provide that “out” to them, in what will only be a reason to NOT finish and a further delay to all of you.

You did your part by backing the Bantha. We did our part by giving the factory everything needed to produce them. Now it’s time THEIR company delivers THEIR part.

We are very disappointed in this situation, and want to get all of you your orders as quickly as possible. Our company is and will always be on the side of the consumer and we will continue to fight along side you.  And this post is going to stay up until customers get their Banthas.

May the Force be with all of us.
smithlordcreations.com
thefansstrikeback.com/status