Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 127442 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Bust Ups!
« Reply #240 on: January 17, 2005, 08:19 PM »
 :P

But to answer your question, scroll up the page a little and you'll see some pics of the various stormtroopers available. I believe it's 8 in all, if you don't mix and match the arms from various ones.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2005, 11:08 PM »
I believe there are only 3 without mixing and matching...18 when you start swapping parts

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2005, 02:14 AM »
Oh crap!!
So i gots to find another!!
Why do companies do this to collectors???
Do they think it's funny?????
Thats its some sort of game??????
Arrrrrrgggggggggggggg
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2005, 12:03 AM »
Has anyone received their bust-up stormtroopers from SSw.com yet?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2005, 12:06 AM »
Not me  :(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2005, 12:11 AM »
Good.  Nothing personal meant by that, but I was just checking my orders with them and like a doofus, I ordered my chrome Jango bust at the same time, so hopefully it's sitting there rotting while waiting for my bust up order to be filled. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Has anyone received their bust-up stormtroopers from SSw.com yet?

Quiet on this front too.   ::)

Did you ask them to hold the bust until your bust-ups were shipped?  If not, you'd think they would have sent it by now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2005, 12:26 AM »
Nooooooo, that's not how they work.  If you pre-order something with a current item, the current item is held until the full order can be shipped.  This happened with the Padme maquette I ordered for Jim and our holo-sidious figures.  We got the Sidious figs about 2-3 months after everyone else.  It also happened to me last spring, I think with the adventure Kermit's.  I had to write to them to ask them to ship separately. 

In one respect, it's a good idea to help keep the shipping costs down, so I believe the action is borne out of trying to not over charge on shipping and piss a customer off. 

I learned (most of the time) to not preorder with current items on the same order.  I actually deleted the bust ups stormies once so my Vader chrome bust would be shipped sooner.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2005, 12:42 AM »
Hmm.  I guess there's good (less $$ on shipping) and bad (more waiting) involved with that system.  You can tell that I've ordered so many times from SWS.com - once, actually.   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Hmm.  I guess there's good (less $$ on shipping) and bad (more waiting) involved with that system.  You can tell that I've ordered so many times from SWS.com - once, actually.   :-\

Well, you can tell from my whining and bleating that I buy from there too much ::)  Knock on wood, all my stuff has arrived in perfect condition.  Hope it continues that way.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Shipping notice is out for the bust ups from SSW.com, so should arrive soon.  Hopefully EE gets theirs soon too :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2005, 01:49 PM »
'Bout freakin' time!  Series 2 has been a total bore so far, since they're hardly out anywhere yet.  But if/when I get these from SWS.com and discover that I can't make all the possible poses out of their 9 Stormies, as per their vociferous advertising claim, I'll be dropping them a line to say WTF?!   ::)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2005, 05:27 PM »
'Bout freakin' time! ...But if/when I get these from SWS.com and discover that I can't make all the possible poses out of their 9 Stormies, as per their vociferous advertising claim, I'll be dropping them a line to say WTF?!   ::)

Exactly!  That's why I bought 3 of the 3packs, so that I could make all of the poses that they claim (despite the frickin' FedEx charges  ::)).  I guess we'll know when they show up, which finally won't be too far from now.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 05:27 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2005, 08:29 PM »
From RS, they're shipping out the Stormtroopers from SWS.  There's a chase in the packs, a Blackhole Stormtrooper!   :o  What's a Blackhole Strormtrooper?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2005, 10:01 PM »
Just read that too, Jay.  I think it may just be an all-black Stormtrooper.  I wonder if all of the sets from SWS.com have this special chase Bust-up in them...  And if only the SWS.com sets have this chase Bust-up in them.

But since my order shipped out yesterday as well, I might have my Bust-ups waiting for me at home to confirm as well (since their warehouse is about an hour away from me).

I'll update later!