Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416616 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #705 on: November 29, 2004, 11:54 PM »
I was actually a little surprised to see the set in Wally World.  Even though I had scored my FF set with clear Sue Richards at this store, it's usually pretty barren.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #706 on: November 30, 2004, 02:36 AM »
I saw the S6 Box Set at TRU months ago. I wish I had picked it up the price deferred me from it. Hopefully I'll be able to score one at Wally World as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #707 on: November 30, 2004, 10:59 PM »
http://www.action-figure.com/Article13363.html

Galactus?  Or one more way to p.o. collectors?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #708 on: November 30, 2004, 11:20 PM »
That's what Scott was mentioning earlier.  My hope is the chase piece(s) don't have a piece of Galactus.  If I get to build a big ass marvel legend Galactus, I'll suck it up and buy a figure or two I don't really want. 

The only thing that concerns me is if there is a chase piece that contains a last critical (or even non-critical but completes the figure) piece.  Then no mask wolvie from series 3 is going to look like a bargain. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #709 on: November 30, 2004, 11:52 PM »
You can always try to score the ML6 version of maskless Wolvie, Brent.  I finally got one at a show for $30.  I honestly don't care that the cardback doesn't say ML3, I care that I got that sculpt finally.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #710 on: December 1, 2004, 12:06 AM »
No, I'm actually good.  I have the maskless one from the box set and sold off my masked version.  I don't need that many Wolverine's.  Ptui. 

That's my biggest problem with the line, is the multiples that come out in basically the same costume with only minor differences- Dr. Doom, Magneto, Wolverine, Reed Richards, the Thing, Gambit, Beast.  All have nearly duplicated sculpts down the line. 

And I've essentially forsaken chase figures now.  Opening my Goliath and Red Skull, sending Scott my gold Ironman.  That covers them pretty much.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #711 on: December 1, 2004, 12:08 AM »
My only hope is that Brent loves the bonus Weapon X he got along with Hawkeye, Vision and Apoc in the mail today! :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #712 on: December 1, 2004, 12:09 AM »
I had done well on the chase figures up until the last two series.  Dark Phoenix has totally eluded me, as has phasing Vision.  I managed to snag most of the others, except for the ML3 maskless Wolvie.  But these last two series are killing me!

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #713 on: December 1, 2004, 01:26 AM »
My only hope is that Brent loves the bonus Weapon X he got along with Hawkeye, Vision and Apoc in the mail today! :)

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what store I haven't used a no-receipt return at for a while ::)  I may keep it, y'know, just so I have all the Wolverines.

I've had decent luck to Nick, but not quite as good as yours.  The last bonus figure Scott sent me was much nicer - Goliath.  Then I picked up a Red Skull for $30.  Found lots of gold Ironman and Doombots, but not much since those series. 

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #714 on: December 1, 2004, 01:51 AM »
Is the price for this item about right??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2483&item=5939442354&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
I really wanted to get one of these when i saw it in toyfare but after seeing the price i don't think so.
Surely they can't be that pricey
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #715 on: December 1, 2004, 02:12 AM »
I think these go for $100-150, depending on the character.

Considering it's an  Emma Frost statue, this thing'll probably be hot. (Bad pun intended.)

There is a variant, and if I was going to buy one, I'd check with your local comic shop to see what they want for it or if they'll order it for ya. I'd do that before I gave some chucklehead on ebay hard-earned money for it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #716 on: December 1, 2004, 10:33 AM »
I have never found any chase figure. I still need a Dark Phoenix, Doombot and Goliath.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #717 on: December 3, 2004, 01:40 AM »
Amazon has pre-orders up for ML 9.
Good luck.

I preordered Nightcrawler, Prof. X, Dr. Strange, Deathlok, and the two Bullseyes. I have no idea what the variant Bullseye looks like, but if I'm fortunate enough to get it, I could hopefully trade it for a Dark Phoenix.

I doubt I'll get any of the figures I ordered, however, and that simply bites.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #718 on: December 3, 2004, 08:33 AM »
Yeah they have been up for a couple of days, I didnt mention anything because they usually don't come through with the figures. I figured I'd pre-order te chase Hulk, but doubt it will ever get to me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #719 on: December 3, 2004, 08:57 AM »
I ordered the set yesterday morning, the stupidest thing is that they don't ship orders in the order they were received, someone could come in and order them in like 2 months and get them before I would

I'm hoping the case ratios are fixed

I'm also pissed I had to order some of those just to get a Galactus