Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125651 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2006, 10:09 PM »
Wii is rumored to go on preorder at EB/GS Friday.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2006, 01:38 PM »
GameStop and EB Games stores will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the Nintendo Wii console on Friday, October 13, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to reach our limit very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at that time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability. A $50 reservation deposit is required, which can be funded with cash, credit or trade. As we cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, a reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Has anyone bought a Wii?  Anyone seen one at the stores? 

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Haven't seen one in the stores yet, but it's a moot point as I haven't had the 250 bones to shell out for it.  :\  I'm sure a little behind on this, but I just found out yesterday that it plays Gamecube games as well.  We sold our Cube a while back and I've been itching to play some of the games, so that was some good news for me. 

John

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2006, 07:30 AM »
I've searched about a half dozen stores and have yet to find one.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2006, 09:32 AM »
I got a Wii on the morning they came out.  I was 19th in line for 31 units at Wal-Mart.  Unfortunately, it is a gift for my son so it will remain boxed until christmas  :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2007, 03:24 AM »
Mario Adventure: The Best NES Game Hack of All Time

It's damn hard though. Keyboard controls are tough for me, and it really doesn't act like Mario 3.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2007, 09:48 PM »
Saw this yesterday:

http://www.virtualnes.com/

Welcome to vNES
The Virtual Nintendo Entertainment System with 830 Games!

Welcome to vNES. vNES is a Nintendo Entertainment System emulator programmed in Java, allowing for cross-platform online use in a browser, preferably Mozilla Firefox.

Pretty damn cool.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2007, 10:20 AM »
Has anyone seen a Wii at a store since the launch?

I have not seen a dang one and I look every time I go to Wally or Target

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Has anyone seen a Wii at a store since the launch?

I have not seen a dang one and I look every time I go to Wally or Target

Twice, and like you I look every time in someplace that sells them.  TRU had around a half-dozen a week before Xmas, then around the end of January I saw 2 at Target (one of which was being pulled out of the case at the time).

I'll get one eventually.  :)

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I've seen them twice as well, both times at Target.  As much as I would have liked to pick one up those times, we just couldn't afford it.  Plus, with collecting/DVDs and all that, it might be a tough sell to the Mrs. that I need a $250 game system :).  I check pretty much every time I'm out as well, but I've seen them two times - and there was usually a group of people waiting to buy them as well from the way it looked.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2007, 02:01 PM »
I still have not come across one.  I went hunting last Sunday and missed out at Circuit City.  They were supposed to give out vouchers at 9:00 and I went there at 8 to get into line.  There were only four people ahead of me, so I figured I would have one.  Then a jackass manager comes out at 8:30 and tells us there was a line of people there at 7:30 and he gave them out to that group.  If he would have waited until 9 like he was supposed to, I still wouldn't have had one, but I would have seen the line and left.  I headed over to the TRU a block away and waited outside to see if they were getting any.  No luck there, either.  I know I will find one eventually.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2007, 10:41 PM »
i went looking once....ended up coming home with a GC instead ;D. cheaper and still good. besides Wii games are to expensive. so far i have 6 GC games and they have all cost less then $30...added together :P and of course anything is better then a crappy PS2 with its disc read error BS.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2007, 11:21 PM »
The PS2 hasn't had disk read errors since the launch shipment.  It's never been an issue with the slim.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2007, 11:47 PM »
i have the launch version. it sucks. and i didnt feel like buying a second one. so $80 for the GC looked really friendly to me.

Edit: mine can still work either way. it just has to be cleaned every three months or so. and i dont have the time to keep doing that as it is really a bi*** to open and clean.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:49 PM by JangoTat »
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: