Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 211320 times)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1305 on: February 6, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Crazy weather in Tennessee right now, so far 4 confirmed dead from the round of storms that's rolling through right now. I was at the Predators game tonight, and we ended up under a Tornado warning with about five minutes to go in the third period. They had everything stay after the game ended and wait through the worst of the storms. I just got home about a half hour ago, and am waiting for the next rounds to hit. Looks like they're still a couple of hours away. 72 degrees right now, we be down to 18 by Sunday night. Gotta love that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1306 on: February 6, 2008, 12:47 AM »
Yeah we're getting flooding around here, mostly creeks and streams overflowing, but some flooding off the Mon too and downtown Pitt's gonna lose some of their lower areas that routinely flood (like the warf and things).  It's weird here too with fog...  The last two nights I did some toy runs for fun, and they really are treacherous as there's fog EVERYWHERE at about 8 or 9 at night if not earlier.  Real thick, very hard to see the road in front of you much less cars, so it's been weird here.  And in the low 60's today.  Go figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 6, 2008, 01:00 AM »
It's been nice here, siitting at -6°C & staying the same for Wednesday but starting Thursday we get some flurries & back to cooler temps around -19°C to -22°C for a few days & lows back to -30°C to -33°C for the nights. Getting warmer again starting Monday thus far.

Roads are still the *****. Hard packed snow, very icey at times more like grease & having stupid drivers don't help either. ******* ********!  >:(

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: February 6, 2008, 02:45 AM »
Crazy weather in Tennessee right now...

Same crazy weather here in Ohio.  Tornado sirens are going off so I have moved to the lower level.  My weather bug states the temperature right now is 60 degrees.  At least we don't have snow.....
Beth

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: February 6, 2008, 07:18 AM »
Crazy weather in Tennessee right now, so far 4 confirmed dead from the round of storms that's rolling through right now..........  72 degrees right now, we be down to 18 by Sunday night. Gotta love that.

Your crazy weather is headed to the Piedmont of NC this afternoon.  We're expecting severe thunderstorms and the threat of tornadoes.  It was in the upper 70s yesterday with glorious sunshine -- our little one was in short sleeves and insisted on playing outside barefooted.  It's predicted to be down in the 10's Sunday night/Monday morning. 
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 6, 2008, 08:12 AM »
We are expecting at least foot of the white **** today. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 6, 2008, 12:31 PM »
SNOWDAY! hahaha. but there is another storm supposed to hit soon. its all wet snow outside, it was a ***** shovelling the driveway...kinda hoping it doesnt snow again because of that alone. but the day off of school is more the welcomed.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: February 6, 2008, 04:32 PM »
I've been outside three times shoveling that **** today.  I'm ready to be done with winter!
« Last Edit: February 6, 2008, 04:32 PM by BrentS »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 6, 2008, 10:51 PM »
I just got in from my fourth round of shoveling today.  Good thing I had my two little helpers with me throughout the day with their shovels, front loaders, wheelbarrels and dump trucks.  The snow on the sides of my driveway and sidewalks is over 6 ft high in some areas from all the snow.  The plows haven't even been through my subdivision since 8am this morning, so there's at least 12-18 inches of snow in the street still.  I'm expecting to wake up tomorrow morning to a wall of snow at the end of driveway.  Thankfully it's finally stopped snowing though because my back and arms can't take another round.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 6, 2008, 11:59 PM »
**** the snow and ice and **** these ******* cold temps.  I'm moving back the the West Side of the country pretty soon.  I grew up in Vegas and lived there for 16 years, but moved out to MN for a change as most of my family was out here....Not a nice change though.  BRRR..

-40 below, no thanks, but thanks fof the nasty cold you just gave me.  >:(

I miss my clean roads, raised dots seperating the roads, and palm trees....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1315 on: February 7, 2008, 01:37 AM »
Yep. I've had enough of the cold and snow as well. I'm considering leaving for better weather also.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: February 7, 2008, 06:26 AM »
more snow on the ground than yesterday and yet schools are not closed. whats the deal! lol
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 7, 2008, 09:49 AM »
more snow on the ground than yesterday and yet schools are not closed. whats the deal! lol

You're in Canada, you know how to deal with it. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 7, 2008, 10:00 PM »
We've been hit with snow the last few days, but not nearly as bad as you guys farther east.  I think it was about 4 to 6 inches, which is enough to have fun with my SUV and jump through drifts.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 9, 2008, 06:40 PM »
Sunny clear skies upper 70s here in my neck of the woods in SoCal.  Such a nice day, I even got some planting work done.