Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209987 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1350 on: April 21, 2008, 11:10 PM »
Just so you know, the day you got that snow it was 21 C here. :-*  Rain and 4 C right now, but it looks like Alberta and Western Saskabush sucked most of the cold out. 

It's been funny reading the media coverage though.  An April snowstorm in the Canadian prairies?  Yeah it sucks, but it's hardly unheard of.  We had a foot of snow back in May of 2004. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 22, 2008, 05:13 PM »
I just spent 2 hrs. shoveling around the house & snowblowing the garage pad. More snow but it was packed with the wind, anywhere from 37km/h to 56km/h. -5°C right now & when the sun comes out into the plus which is making a bit of a mess.

Getting better as the week goes on tho, going up to 0°C tomorrow then warmer. Boy it's going to be sloppy. 

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 28, 2008, 12:08 PM »
Just turned on the tv and saw that there's a tornado on the ground in the county SW of us.  We're under a tornado warning and are expecting it to come through here in about 20 minutes.  It's what they call a "Carolina Tornado" - there's no lightening, thunder or hail w/it -- just sheets of rain -- they say it's wrapped in rain.  We've no basement or interior rooms -- my little one and I are headed for the cubby under the stairs............
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 28, 2008, 12:16 PM »
Stay safe - it's snowing here.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 28, 2008, 01:06 PM »
Stay safe

Thanks.  We're all clear - it passed just to the south of us -- still have thunderstorms hanging around for the rest of the day. 

it's snowing here.

Sorry to hear that -- I just spent a long weekend at the beach with a bunch of girlfriends and have a nice little tan - it was in the low-80s and gorgeous. 8)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:08 PM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 4, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Global warming my ass.  It's snowing right now.  Oh sure, it's not going to stay, but it's snowing anyway. ::)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 4, 2008, 02:27 PM »
Global warming my ass.  It's snowing right now.  Oh sure, it's not going to stay, but it's snowing anyway. ::)

Sorry to hear that Brent :(.  I wish I would have known sooner -- we would have invited you to the pool-opening party yesterday 8)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1357 on: May 4, 2008, 02:32 PM »

I wish it was snowing here.  :-\ I hate the summer
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 4, 2008, 07:37 PM »

Sorry to hear that Brent :(.  I wish I would have known sooner -- we would have invited you to the pool-opening party yesterday 8)

Pool opens here in three weeks, weather be damned.  Gotta build a deck between now and then and if I want the missus happy, build a shed too.  Probably might as well get the garden in while I'm at it.  Ah hell, add the patio too.  Oh and soccer season starts in two days.  Whee.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 16, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Hot as blazes here. It was 92 on Wednesday, topped out at 100 yesterday, and the forecast is for 97 today and 93 tomorrow. They say it may get back down to normal (75) by Tuesday, thank goodness. But until then, let the suffering continue.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 16, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Damn good weather here, yesterday we hit 26°C & the same today. Tomorrow the forecast is 28°C - 30°C & very nice for the long weekend. Windy here tho, gusts up to 50km/h but not as bad as yesterday which the gusts were up to 70km/h. Blowing everyones crap all over the place.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 16, 2008, 10:12 PM »
We hit 33oC (91oF) today - Summer is here!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 8, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Well, we've been under Severe Thunderstorm Warnings and Tornado Warnings for the last few days.  There have been tornados reported in both the county just North of me as well as in Illinois just yesterday.  I can't tell you the last time I saw this much rain come down in a one week period.  And the forecast is calling for more severe thunderstorms for the rest of the week.  Craziness.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 8, 2008, 11:29 PM »
Hot and humid here in north Texas.  Temp has been in the upper 90's and it's only the start of June.  We'll be getting really really hot later.  On top of that, I'm playing ball 3-4 days a week and it seems like we are only getting 6pm games.  Tomorrow though we'll be getting some nasty weather coming through with a chance of hail and severe weather.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 9, 2008, 12:08 PM »
Hot and humid here in north Texas.  Temp has been in the upper 90's and it's only the start of June.  We'll be getting really really hot later. 

Same here.  We've been topping out at just over 100 the past few days, with the humidity, the heat indexes have been around 110-112 and summer hasn't even started yet!  Lower humidity today makes the index stand at only 97 - but it's just now noon :-\