Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 560607 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2340 on: October 28, 2018, 10:47 PM »
Michonne's midnight walker massacres...that's a problem. If there's that many random dead (as opposed to the herd) that close to settlements (It seems she wasn't travelling far), then they don't have their crap together.

Spending part of Rick's second to last episode on some convoluted pit scene.  I dunno.

"We figured out Oceanside was killing us and we got one gun, so we came back to get killed."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2341 on: October 29, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Who digs a hole like that?

How are there not already a bunch of dead inside?  Like a dozen fell in over the course of 15 minutes.

It looks like A & B were indeed after and before being turned.  But I guess we'll never know since trash lady ran off.  And nobody else notices helicopters flying at night because stealth... or something.

I never watch the previews for the upcoming week because I like to go in unbiased.  I really hope Rick's last episode isn't some 60-minute fever dream.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: October 29, 2018, 10:26 AM »
The hole was not logical for multiple reasons. BUT they needed a plot device to trap Rick and Daryl together but eliminate fighting being a good idea so they could hash out their differences. So whatever.

I am concerned that Rick's "send off" is not going to befit his character
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:27 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2343 on: October 29, 2018, 12:35 PM »
I think the pit was made by the Whisperers....a way to collect members for new outfits perhaps?

I predict next week's episode will be half pass out dreams/half Rick trying to save the camp from the mega herd....with a whisperers reveal at the end.

I did like the Negan/Michonne scenes.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: October 30, 2018, 12:34 PM »
I assume the pit is simply a plot device to trap Daryl and Rick in a confined space where they have to talk, work together to find a way out, and don't just keep punching each other.

I assumed they were going to use the pit for some kind of nirvana discussion where Rick hands some leadership philosophy to Daryl, but maybe it as more the Daryl and Carol view that the Sanctuary team isn't really working out well and that maybe they should be eliminated.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: October 30, 2018, 01:24 PM »
I assume the pit is simply...

I'm surprised they didn't just start digging foot holes the minute they got down there.  They probably could have been out of that thing in five or so minutes.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: October 30, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Rick did have a hatchet in his belt.  I guess that is just for zombie brains.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: October 30, 2018, 04:58 PM »
The script didn't allow for that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: October 31, 2018, 06:19 AM »
What I wish hadn't been advertised the past couple of weeks, was these are the last Rick Grimes episodes.  That to me, has killed some of the suspense.

I certainly hope he doesn't go out like a bitch, but something that is fitting for the character.  Too often in this show, we are being led to something grand and phenomenal, and then a total let down.  Honestly, I'd like to see him walk away, much like Morgan, and the door left open for a possible return...or just the question mark of what happened to him?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2349 on: November 4, 2018, 10:19 PM »
Given the new revelation about Trash Lady, I'm expecting Rick to get abducted by helicopters now.  I envision a whole Close Encounters type thing... where he lands at some military base, the doors open with a beam of light, and he walks inside.

Winner winner chicken dinner!  No big door opening, but he flew off into the sunset.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: November 4, 2018, 10:44 PM »
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Rick, and Hell followed with him.

That was mostly predictable, except the shark time jump.

Rick getting impaled then taken away for treatment (?) was like that punk kid in season two who got impaled and they fixed him up. Rick showed mercy, so now he gets mercy?

Wondering why no one else saw that chopper. Or did they?

Sasha: "It's not over, Rick. You can get your own Star Trek series."

We cannot expect Chris Hardwick to get in Gimple's face and ask him why he killed off Coral Carl only to soap opera age Judith twice within the first half of the this season.

Now according to Gimple, they are working on Walking Dead tv movies and such...some stand alone, some related to the shows.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2018, 11:12 PM by Scockery »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: November 5, 2018, 12:44 AM »
Ok....I’m intereted in the upcoming tv movies.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: November 5, 2018, 05:55 AM »
I am honestly quite skeptical of there being any serious plans to tell more Rick Grimes stories by way of made-for-TV movies that air on AMC.

With how Rick exited the show, the producers hope they have prevented an all out mass exodus of what viewers they have left. Killing off Rick would resulted in many viewers of the attitude "this show was about Rick Grimes, Rick Grimes is dead, the show is over for me".

For at least the next year, they will keep trotting out Gimple who will be asked about the planned "Rick Grimes: Walker Hunter" movies and he will continue to say "we're working on them", but that will be solely to just keep stringing people along.

When the plug is pulled on the show, they'll have Rick Grimes miraculously come back for the last couple of episodes, weave in the best ideas of what they had for the Rick Grimes movies into the episode where he returns so he can explain "where he's been" and end the show outright.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2018, 05:56 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: November 7, 2018, 10:48 AM »
All the dream sequences got kind of old, but ultimately I liked the way the left it with Rick.  Everyone thinks he's dead and they've got an out to potentially bring him back at some point if they want to magically wrap it up.

I'm intrigued about the time jump, although I'm not sure why they feel they need to do this unless they feel Judith is the new star.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: November 7, 2018, 10:54 AM »
I think Judith and that kid from the kingdom are going to take up the Carl role from the comics, so they needed to really age Judith.
This is the way.

I have spoken.