Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232081 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #525 on: June 17, 2008, 12:46 AM »
2.  Never been in love with the Falcon much.

You commie bastard!   >:(

4.  Where the **** am I gonna put this thing?

I have a few suggestions!   ;)

Seriously, I can see where people will have space issues and cost.  For me though...this might be the only Hasbro thing I buy for my collection, apart from a few random figures.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #526 on: June 17, 2008, 08:24 AM »
I was pretty much all about getting one of each (Falcon and AT-TE) but i am thinking about passing on both becuase of the space issue. As stupid as it may sound, i really want the stupid Jedi training remote.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 17, 2008, 08:53 AM »
I have no room for either, but I'm still buying both and this is probably the last big hoorah I have with SW toys.

I hear ya. The whole of last year was my big hoorah. July will be my last big toy event. I have no room for either the Falcon or AT-TE, but I've wanted the AT-TE since I first saw it and this one is done right. And there is no way in hell I'm passing up on the Best MF ever to have been made. Sure it will get rereleased, but possibly at a higher cost, what with oil continuing to go up in price and all.

Get it now if you even think you're going to get it later. You'll be much happier for it in the long run, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 17, 2008, 10:46 AM »
I don't want to imagine it being that scarce all the way through the holiday season, but the dice could roll the right way and this could be the next Elmo or Wii...or just an item scalpers realize they can buy all of knowing they can profit on eBay.

Respectfully disagree.  Shipping rates in the US have gone up too much to make this a palatable item to sell on ebay.  What're you looking at to ship it in the US now?  Well over $20 I'd guess, if not $40 based on other stuff I'm seeing on ebay.  That's got to factor in. 

I think it will sell well and it's ginormity makes it tempting, but not at the Canadian price.  It'd be cheaper for me to wait and pick it up in the US anyway. 

As for the rarity, maybe in this packaging version, yeah.  But they spent the money on the mold to build it... 

3.  This will be released and re-released about ten times, I can always get it later.

Yurp. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediSpyke

• Youngling
    • View Profile
What to do with Mini-Fighter
« Reply #529 on: June 17, 2008, 12:14 PM »

First off, what more can I saw about this ship that hasn't already been said? One thing I think they should have waited on (and nobody shoot me over this!) was releasing the AT-TE along the same time. Two HIGH ticket items at one time? I know I'll have to choose one over the other and for me, the Falcon is the obvious choice.

Now for that little fighter. I saw a video (like everyone else) that said the fighter was to give kids something to 'play' with since the ship is so big. Personally, I plan on having that spot as a cargo bay, so what do I do with the small ship?

Here's an idea: Take one of the older Falcons (that will be flooding eBay if nothing else) and modify it. Cut the current cockpit off and cover it over, then mount this little fighter between the mandables. It should give a nice new look to the ship and create a new light freighter.

You could also get one of the small 'submarine' toys and mount the gripper arms on the front of it and create a small work-bee type craft.

I'm sure there are lots of other uses for this nifty little feller... ;)

Spyke

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 17, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Not to sound too much like a cheapskate, but does anyone have any ideas about discounts?  We've already mentioned opening a Target card and getting, what, 10% off?  That's $15 right there.  Any other ideas?
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 17, 2008, 03:22 PM »
Those Target coupons work until October 1 right? That's another $5 off right there.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 17, 2008, 09:48 PM »
Respectfully disagree.  Shipping rates in the US have gone up too much to make this a palatable item to sell on ebay.  What're you looking at to ship it in the US now?  Well over $20 I'd guess, if not $40 based on other stuff I'm seeing on ebay.  That's got to factor in. 

All right, I'll keep up the debate in all due respect.

If it is hard enough to find, what parent (and fan of Star Wars back in the day themselves) is going to skimp out on little Johnny's "it" toy of 2008? All they have to do is be willing to dump $250 on it (not out of the question if it gets a little buzz going) and even including shipping the scalpers will make fifty bucks per unit. It beats selling Hot Wheels.

I'd like to think Hasbro will make enough to meet demand, but I have to also believe they are a little scared of the investment involved and may under-produce. Agreed upon future reuses of the mold being the great equalizer in all this, but I believe there is every possibility of this thing being the gotta-have item of the year.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #533 on: June 17, 2008, 11:36 PM »
As far as rereleases...I could see a more weathered version down the road.  I'm not waiting though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 18, 2008, 02:35 PM »
I see four versions rereleased down the road,   ESB-Hoth with Chewie Mechanic and either Repair Droid or  Han Hoth,  ESB- Bespin with Lando and Luke Bespin  ROTJ- Death Star II Assult with General Lando and Nein Numb
And then Cameo appearence Falcon from ATOC.   Or if they go into EU the amount of falcons could go through the roof.   not to mention the shadow falcon. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:36 PM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 18, 2008, 02:50 PM »
I see four versions rereleased down the road,   ESB-Hoth with Chewie Mechanic and either Repair Droid or  Han Hoth,  ESB- Bespin with Lando and Luke Bespin  ROTJ- Death Star II Assult with General Lando and Nein Numb
And then Cameo appearence Falcon from ATOC.   Or if they go into EU the amount of falcons could go through the roof.   not to mention the shadow falcon. 

I see them rereleasing this vehicle, but the "versions" listed above aren't really different versions, but simply different figures from different scenes.  If that was the case, they could totally repackage the current box and add Luke, C-3PO, R2 with Obi-Wan or Leia.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see a more weathered version, as mentioned by Matt.  I just hope people don't wait on this vehicle, so that we send a strong message to Hasbro to both large size vehicles and playsets (hey, the bmf is really just as much a large playset as it is a large vehicle).  I'd love to see Jabba's Sail Barge, a larger AT-AT and larger AT-ST come out.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 18, 2008, 07:42 PM »
The new little shuttle included in the BMF reminds me of the little shuttle that Kenner was going to make for the Falcon back in '85.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: TLC Millennium Falcon
« Reply #537 on: June 18, 2008, 07:56 PM »
I thought the same thing when I first saw the new version. We even asked Hasbro a couple weeks ago if the new escape pod/shuttle dealie was able to dock between the mandibles as a nod to the vintage unproduced shuttle.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 07:59 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 18, 2008, 09:17 PM »
My stimulus check could not have come at a better time!

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 20, 2008, 12:35 AM »
re: the side by side comparison

The BMF makes the old one look like a toy!  :P ;D

Seriously tho, that is so many different kinds of kickass it's not even funny. Anyone know how it'd work with Kubricks?

Maybe it'd be even more in scale!