Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 73037 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2015, 11:58 AM »
Condescending was dismissing the whole BC program because the list of titles 3 days after it's announcement isn't terribly lengthy.

Looks like someone needs a dictionary...

(see, that was an example of being condescending)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2015, 12:35 PM »
So it's going to be like the X-Box 360 with backwards compatibility.  A few games at first as a test (glad to see Mass Effect in there) and they will add games over time.  Eventually, pretty much every game will be playable.

No, it'll be a lot better than it was on the 360. On the 360 it was done on a game-by-game basis and was a giant pain in the ass for everyone involved (MS/developers/publishers), resulting in glitchy games and a spotty library.

This time, MS has just emulated the entire 360 OS on the One, so the bulk of the work is already done. All they'll really need now from publishers is approval, so most games will be able to carry over no problem. The only ones that definitely won't carry over are games that require Kinect or other hardware, like Rock Band.

Speaking of Mass Effect, it actually runs better on the One than it did on the 360.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2015, 01:34 PM »
Condescending was dismissing the whole BC program because the list of titles 3 days after it's announcement isn't terribly lengthy.

Looks like someone needs a dictionary...

(see, that was an example of being condescending)

Oddly enough, when I looked up condescending just now, I still felt like it applied to your post where you (to me at least) sarcastically declared the short, initial title list as being all the options I had to choose from.  Maybe I inferred too much because I thought you were responding to my post about what titles I'd go back and play, or have yet to play, and because you're the lone voice somehow suggesting that this whole BC thing is a bad move, but there you have it.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2015, 02:01 PM »
Nope, I wasn't talking down to you at all.  I was making the point that the BC library is garbage right now.  People who are being sold the idea "Eventually, pretty much every game will be playable" are being misled.  In fact, Microsoft has stated that even games that win their poll of which games should be added aren't guaranteed to be made.  At this point, we don't know how many it'll happen with, or if it'll end up being anywhere close to "pretty much every game."  Jesse thinking he can unplug his 360 because he can play AC, or Diddly wanting to go back and play Red Dead - those conclusion have no basis in fact.  And we don't know the rate at which they'll add games either.  Who cares if it's a library of 300 games if it takes 5 years to get there, and everyone has moved on to the Xbox Two?

It might end up having a large library.  They might come out fast.  Or maybe those things won't happen.  Nobody knows for sure.  Treating this announcement as something it isn't is just dishonest.  All we know right now is you'll definitely be able to pop in your old copy of Viva Piñata.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2015, 09:53 PM »
Ok ladies....back to your corners.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #80 on: November 9, 2015, 09:26 AM »
Xbox announced the initial lineup of backwards-compatible games today here. Launches Thursday.

Our launch of 104 titles on Nov. 12 is just the beginning. You can expect new Xbox One Backward Compatible games to be announced on a regular basis, starting in December. More titles are on the way, including fan favorites like Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite and Skate 3. Stay tuned because this just the beginning of a long list of Xbox 360 games that will run on Xbox One.

A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
Assassin’s Creed II
Asteroids & Deluxe
Banjo Kazooie: N n B
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Bejeweled 2
Bellator: MMA Onslaught
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Blood of the Werewolf
BloodRayne: Betrayal
Borderlands
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Castle Crashers
Castlestorm
Centipede & Millipede
Condemned
Crazy Taxi
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
Defense Grid
DiRT 3
DiRT Showdown
Discs of Tron
Doom
Doom II
Dungeon Siege III
Earthworm Jim HD
Fable II
Fallout 3
Feeding Frenzy 2
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gears of War: Judgment
Golden Axe
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Heavy Weapon
Hexic HD
Ikaruga
Jetpac Refuelled
Joy Ride Turbo
Just Cause 2
Kameo
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
LEGO Star Wars: TCS
Lode Runner
LUMINES LIVE!
Mass Effect
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug XX
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Mirror’s Edge
Missile Command
Monday Night Combat
Monkey Island 2: SE
Monkey Island: SE
Ms. Splosion Man
Mutant Blobs Attack
N+
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
NiGHTS into dreams…
OF: Dragon Rising
Pac-Man C.E.
PAC-MAN CE DX+
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds    
Pinball FX
Plants vs. Zombies
Prince of Persia
Putty Squad
R-Type Dimensions
Rayman 3 HD
Sacred Citadel    Arcade
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.    
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe    
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World    
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage    
Shadow Complex
Sonic CD
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Super Meat Boy
Supreme Commander 2
Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas
Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas2
Torchlight
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Tron: Evolution
Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: TIP
Wolfenstein 3D
Zuma

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: November 9, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Some good titles...  Definitely glad Lego TCS got in because I like replaying it a lot.  Also AC II and some others.

How'd I not even know Doom and Doom II were available?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2015, 07:29 AM »
So far, it looks like there will be deals aplenty on BF for the new consoles.  Both XB1 and PS4 seem to be going for ~$300 with varying perks depending on the store.  One store has the WiiU at $250. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2015, 10:27 AM »
Any chance we'll see a Battlefront bundle at that price?  So far everything I've seen teased is for bundles with other games.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2015, 12:58 PM »
The Battlefronts bundle is exclusive to Playstation 4.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2015/star-wars-ps4-bundles/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2015, 10:34 AM »
Okay, so I'm going to pick up a XBone soon so I can play Battlefront (Xbox beats PS4 since I have friends with the system for online, plus Halo). However, I've heard that I can save some cash by buying the 500GB system and adding my own external hard drive for additional storage space. Is this true?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2015, 11:49 AM »
Yes.  I have a Yahoo article on Xbox BF deals too I will post here later for you too.

I haven't hooked an external HD up yet but have every intention to eventually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2015, 04:35 PM »
My neighbor picked up Battlefront and invited us over last night to check it out.  Wow.  The graphics and game play at just the basic levels were amazing.  It's like you're creating your own movie every time you play.  I've already got an XBox One, so going to have to pick this up quickly and get the live subscription.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2015, 04:36 PM »
Yes.  I have a Yahoo article on Xbox BF deals too I will post here later for you too.

I haven't hooked an external HD up yet but have every intention to eventually.

Cool, thanks Jesse. I'm debating waiting for Black Friday deals but most stores are running a deal right now where you get a free game when you buy a console.

I figure I'll need an external HD at some point, especially since most games are going to be at least 30GB and the space will fill up fast, but I'm a physical media guy and buy 1-2 games per year so I figure I'll be good for a few years.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2015, 07:00 PM »
No problem, I had it saved anyway for myself.  I need to get the boys some controllers and I need a recharge kit so i figured I'd hang onto the story otherwise I'll forget.

Here you go:

https://games.yahoo.com/news/xbox-one-black-friday-deals-200002495.html

I played the BF Beta, and I had a pretty good time in it...  So I'm picking it up this weekend sometime, probably at BB if they aren't sold out.  Visually, totally agree with Justin that it's stunning to look at.  The Sullust map was a blast just to look at.  I've had ample customizing inspiration playing it.  Hell, they even narfed my idea of mesh/netting over landing pads!  I think that's on Tatooine's map or Hoth.

Anyway though yeah, I loved what I saw/played for the most part.  My only gripes are:

-Too few maps...  They won't have more till Jakku and then some downloadable next year.  That's kinda ****** given how many maps you get with a COD or HALO game.  No reason NOT to give you more...  Why not some random stuff ya know?

-Weapons are too similar...  COD, HALO, etc., pretty much all have this mapped out to perfection, and yet Battlefront, for reasons nobody can explain that I've seen, has just basically one weapon after the next that are all fairly equal/similar.  I'd have liked to have seen a broader diversity of what the gear does.

Now I've heard the BF designers wanted the game to be more "friendly" to casual gamers...  Going into MP for a lot of FPS games can basically leave you feeling pretty deterred if you don't play a LOT.  Not to mention guys who hack their stuff and basically cheat, on top of the people who are just so insanely lifeless they're amazingly good at headshotting everyone without much effort.  :P  I get BF wanting to be a little more user friendly, but you HAVE to have weapon diversity to cater to the different style of gamer.

It doesn't seem like you can boost your character's speed much, and things like that.  I also am not a fan of the inability to drop to the ground...  Just little differences.

I don't have a ton of time to play FPS games, but the last one I played completely (Titanfall) is SOOOOO well done that I'd have liked to have seen them attempt to include some of the weapon classes and character classes mixed into the Star Wars universe, from that game.  I think as a basic FPS game then BF sort of may trail behind the others.  As a Star Wars experience FPS, obviously it has no equal so it has inherent enjoyment.  How long will people stick to that though?

I've not played a COD game for a couple years now...  I'm sure I'm out of practice to even be competitive at it, so I'm curious how playing Battlefront will feel since I'm so out of the loop on this stuff.  Might be a little bit better to get some BF fun in before Titanfall2 comes out, and my K/D rate plummets.  :-[