Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design  (Read 126409 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2007, 12:37 AM »
Anyway, here is my market stall: Empire collectibles!  Get your 1:4 scale Imperial troops right here! 

hah, so I'm not the only one who's used a MM figure as a "toy" for a child SW figure to carry around? :)  I think I used a wookiee like a stuffed thing sort of, but the principle is the same.  THat's classic DB, I love it man.  I always find it amazing how certain ideas carry over among customizers like that.  Dumb little crap that a lot of people have looked at and thought of the same thing and then someone posts it and it's just friggin' funny and cool and great...

That just rocks though. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Haha- thanks guys!  I just thought it interesting when I saw them in my fodder bin; it kinda makes sense that on an Imperial controlled world, there would be people making a profit while "kissing up" to the local authorities!  Fritz, your Imperial building looks great!  It has a fabricated look as though it was quickly assembled while more permanent structures are underway.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2007, 12:33 AM »
Since we've seen a flurry of activity on the Market Stall front.  I thought I'd show my WIP.  Its no where near as beautiful as Daigo-bah's.  I was originally making this to be a stall like you'd see on tatooine. 

Obviously I have only put a bit of painting on this.  Its no where near finished.  However, I wanted to put it out there just for more ideas.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2007, 01:16 AM »
That does seem much more like something for Tatooine... at the least, if you go with that design, I might suggest the canopy to be a different color?

Here's my suggested layout on the Junk Yard -

Not sure when I'll be able to get started on this or if this looks ok for a layout...... hopefully I can begin on it soon. 

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2007, 01:33 AM »
Great work fellas. I'm gonna stone fleck my booth, add some carbon scoring and some electronic doo-dads on the back. Do we know of any 3 3/4" scale gun racks? I think this is where my blaster dealer will reside. I figure in order to protect his merchandise, he'd need a stronger building.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 12, 2007, 01:58 AM »
3-3/4 gun racks... came with the Commtech Stormtrooper.  I know I'm behind on sending you a box of stuff - looking for those two troopers still.  When I send them (soon!) I'll see if I can find a gun rack or two to send your way.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 12, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Where was a gun rack with the Death Star accessory set too and if I'm not mistaken with the Imperial Force Multi-pack. I think this is the one Chewie is talking about? I have one of these from the accessory set that I can send. It is smaller than the other one, but would give you are range of weapons to sell. Let me know if you need it.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 12, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Chewie - I like the layout for the junkyard.  Looks just about right.  We'll have to make sure that when its put on the actual diorama that the dealer shop faces out so that it gets enough visibility.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 12, 2007, 12:43 PM »
I'm going to send a vintage Cylon along with Twiki from Buck Rogers we can tuck in the junkyard as easter eggs.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 12, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Any racks to help would be swell fellas.

My goal to carve one out of foam core didn't turn out so hot.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #415 on: April 13, 2007, 09:28 AM »
I have an extra one or two from Marauder I can bring.
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 13, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I'm going to send a vintage Cylon along with Twiki from Buck Rogers we can tuck in the junkyard as easter eggs.

You read my mind. I'm thinking of adding a star tours REX-24 to the junk yard.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 13, 2007, 12:03 PM »
Hey guys, just a heads up.  I received the Gun Tower from Owen yesterday.  Didn't have time to snap pics yet, but here's what it looks like before it was painted.

Now, it's quite a bit shorter than this one that I already have -

You'll see that this one has OPEN ROOMS in it.  But also, please not that the communications dish at the top, is now replaced by this turbo laser -

- Basically, the communications dish and the turbo laser are interchangeable.  However, I do NOT want to send the communications dish - it's way too fragile, in fact one piece has already snapped off, and I had to glue it back. It's just too fragile to send.

So - what I want to know is do you guys want the new tower that is shorter, or the taller one with some open rooms showing in it?  I'm leaning towards sending the taller one for the project.  I think that the open rooms would be a nice addition, plus you can show some "activity" with it in having a trooper climging the ladder or something.

Thoughts?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2007, 12:32 PM »
The only problem I see with the larger tower is that I don't think that we want to completely dwarf everything else in the diorama.  I think the smaller one, might be better.

BTW, congrats on the great addition to your collection!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2007, 12:42 PM »
I see what you mean.  However, the other tower I'm sending (not a gun tower) is also the same height.

One thing I like about a tower being so tall is that it would give the military an observation point for possible approaching enemies, and imposing over the city as a sign of Imperial domination.