Author Topic: Battle of Carkoon Wave  (Read 50683 times)

Offline Alpha_17

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Carkoon Wave
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2006, 12:54 AM »
So far I've been able to find Boussh, Bib fortuna, and Barada. Now I just need Han, chewie, and Boba Fett.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2006, 08:13 AM »
I picked up Leia, Solo and Barada last week.  I passed on Fett, Fortuna and Chewy.  After opening the three I bought I have to say this wave is not my favorite. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2006, 09:11 AM »
No, it's not the best wave for sure.  I really am not that blown away by any of them to be honest.  Do not get me wrong.  I like most of them but with the $7 pricepoint now and knowing other things are coming soon.   And Sideshow keeps tugging on my mind  to get their 12 inchers.  I just don't know.  I will most likely go with Leia, Han, and Bib.  It will gnaw on me not to get those 3. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2006, 09:16 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Boussh and Bib Fortuna far surpass their POTF2 versions. So much so, that I can say that if I didn't have them, I would step over a pile of dead jawas to get them.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Am I the only one having problems finding Chewie? 

As crazy as it may sound, I've yet to find him, Reiken, R2, or Vader.

I guess it does pay to keep the main characters in distribution.

;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2006, 09:00 PM »
I've only seen Chewie once, which surprises me and doesn't.  Him, Fett, Vader, and R2 disappear fast.  The main characters thing is certainly true, at least around here.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2006, 09:42 PM »
He's only one per case as well, so not all that common. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2006, 05:35 AM »
Not seen Fett, Not seen Chewie...  Got Leia/Boussh tonight...  Yikes.

She's so "right" on some levels, and yet at the same time she's really all wrong on a number of levels.  As much as the articulation bugged me on the Han, I'm liking it better.  Leia is just...  meh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2006, 08:19 AM »
I've had no trouble finding any of these, though I only bought 3 of them. That's just my personal experience, because I live near an intown Target that's relatively (for now) scalper safe, and when they put out this case, they sat there literally 4-5 days before a one was sold. (I had bought my 3 at a Wal-Mart).   Judging from all the area reports, this wave showed up at and was restocked at virtually every store. Its not usual to get all figures from a wave that easily.

I wonder how much of these are going to ship. It seems like they are selling pretty well in other parts of the country.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2006, 10:21 AM »
I've only seen Chewie once, which surprises me and doesn't.  Him, Fett, Vader, and R2 disappear fast.  The main characters thing is certainly true, at least around here.

The same has been true here.  I only saw Chewie once as well (and only one of him), which I picked up.  When I lucked out and found the Hoth wave, I saw all of them but Vader and R2.  I haven't decided if I want the Vader or not, but will probably pick up R2 for all the accessories and that.  I think the main character thing does hold true overall, at least around here.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2006, 10:25 AM »
I think this assortment will warm the pegs.  It seems since this was the first new assortment that many stores in my area over ordered and this stuff has been sitting for a while now. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2006, 12:00 PM »
They're already backing up around here.  They're just now starting to though, but Carkoon is slowly gaining pegwarmer status, especially Bib Fortuna.

Of course, the case shipping right now seems to have all the repacks as 1 to a case too, so it's not surprising that they aren't sitting.  And Fett just sells because he's Fett and he always seems to sell.  He's all I need to get for the kids and I just can't find him.

I haven't seen R2, Vader, Chewbacca or Fett yet.  Barada seems to sit a little bit, but since the new ones are packed heavier they're much more cmomon.  I just saw Leia for the first time last night though...  Han I saw for the first time earlier this week.  Bib I've seen for I guess 2 or 3 weeks now, and in multiples.  That figure just doesn't interest people overall, so I'm glad we got him and he's out of the way (or in the way on the pegs now, but "out of the way" on the resculpt list). 

I think a lot of the 1 per cases moving is people trying to take an opportunity to make some $.  Call me a scalper conspiracy theorist, but I think people "into that" know there's 1 pers and they're gobbling them up either in hopes of trading them for stuff they need (fine), or outright selling them to make a buck...  The OTC was the same way, but as soon as any of the repacks was shipped in any kind of quantity, it sat.  I remember Bespin Luke's galore at some WM's around here but they were scarce for a while.  Once that island display arrived though, they sat and pegwarmed like they did in the Saga line.

Same with everything else from Snowtrooper to Imp Trooper to Madine/Lando/Han AT-St...  The repacks just puttered out like everything else if they shipped heavily.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2006, 02:04 AM »
I was at a store with 8 Bib tonight.  If I'm figuring the cases right that's four cases without one selling and I know I bought one so the Boba is moving like crazy, Chewie is gone immediately (only seen twice now), Han moves ok as does Leia and Barada is hit and miss - not too hard to find. 

Gotta get that Hoth wave moving in Canada, yet to be found here.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2006, 07:39 PM »
I wish Hasbro could figure out a way to keep a "Hero" case in circulation.  It would have all the main characters in their most iconic outfits.  This case would ship throughout the year and not really change.  Then, there would be themed wave case that had some, but not many, main charcters in different outfits.  This way the "Hero" case would always appeal to the kids/parents, and the themed waves would sell to the collectors.

The way it is now, if a store wants 8 Chewbaccas on the pegs, they're stuck with 16 Bib Fortunas.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Speedermike, maybe some sort of Hall of Fame SAGA2 wave would be a good idea?  Might be nice to see a prequel wave and then an OTC wave in that mindset.

:P