Author Topic: The Future of Star Wars Collecting?  (Read 242889 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Star Wars Collecting?
« Reply #855 on: April 22, 2024, 09:32 PM »
Phew.  I hope it goes into the small Targets too.  Those are the ones I walk by at lunch regularly.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 23, 2024, 06:47 AM »
I assumed Target "paused" all of Star Wars years ago.  The only thing Hasbro that I buy is the retro collection at this point so I'm not going to stores much.  Sometimes if I'm in Target I stop by the toy section just to check it out.  In the past year or so, my local Target has set up a Disney section and Star Wars has been moved there from the normal rows of toys.  Much smaller spot than in the past.  Generally it is completely barren.  Maybe a few 6" figures.  Generally no 3 3/4" whatsoever.  I was there a few weeks ago for the TPM retro set.  No tags on the shelf for it, but they had a few in the back.  It wouldn't shock me is Star Wars went away from Target.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 23, 2024, 08:22 AM »
A few weeks ago I got the TPM Retro set from an employee who got one from the back room too.  A week later they have 8 of them on the shelf in two different locations.  They don’t seem to be selling.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #858 on: April 23, 2024, 10:22 AM »
All that photo proves is that there will be empty pegs that should have TVC figures on them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #859 on: April 23, 2024, 11:03 AM »
All that photo proves is that there will be empty pegs that should have TVC figures on them.

Don't worry, this Fall there will be plenty TVC Mae (Assassin) figures filling up those pegs.  #Reva2.0  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender